• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Might have been liked more had he had a big toothy grin like Revell

Harrold was cack....fullstop.

My lasting memory of him was costing me a few quid. I had a couple of quid on Bailey first scorer and Southend to win 3-1, IIRC it was against Rochdale in the FA CUP. Anyways, Bailey obliged and Southend were 2-1 up when we won a last minute penalty. That wally Harrold missed, would have been a nice few quid too

i dont buy this 'i liked him because he gave 100%'. I could give my all on the pitch. Anyone could. Its just when some players dont try as hard as they should it winds you up. If they're not good enough then effort should be irrelevant. What we have now is good players who all give 100%. Harrold was just not good enough.

Yes and no. If a player gives 100% in both matches and training, keeps himself fit and does his best to improve then its actually not his fault if he's not good enough. If you're going to cast blame around then you have to question the Manager and/or scouts for signing and playing a player who is not good enough, not the player himself.
Personally, I have more respect for a mediocre player who tries hard then a talented one who can't be bothered to put the effort in. Of course, if you've got good players who try hard then you're really going places.

i dont buy this 'i liked him because he gave 100%'. I could give my all on the pitch. Anyone could. Its just when some players dont try as hard as they should it winds you up. If they're not good enough then effort should be irrelevant. What we have now is good players who all give 100%. Harrold was just not good enough.

No reason to dislike him though. If a player isn't good enough, that's down to the manager. If a player doesn't try hard enough that's down to him. I can't dislike any player who gives 100% for the team. Gilbert would be a case in point. Not the most gifted, but he is passionate and committed.

Hope he ****ing dies

IMHO that comment is a disgrace !.

You were probably one of those on his case as soon as he came on and then scored just like he did for Shrewsbury.
Did we not learn it is best for our fans to just ignore him.
Then took the abuse to a gutter level.

Might have been better singing songs to inspire our players rather than abusing Harrold.

IMHO that comment is a disgrace !.

You were probably one of those on his case as soon as he came on and then scored just like he did for Shrewsbury.
Did we not learn it is best for our fans to just ignore him.
Then took the abuse to a gutter level.

Might have been better singing songs to inspire our players rather than abusing Harrold.

Well said sir (or madam).

The fans stuck it to him, he stuck it straight back. You can't blame him for that as just about anyone would've done exactly the same thing.

Exactly G, and I think singing endless songs to taunt him would just have motivated him. When will we learn to concentrate on supporting our own players rather than giving grief to the opposition? Could've put money on him scoring today.

Back