• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
Got this from a Col Ewe season ticket holder with regard to potential signings Richard Mckinney & Scott McGleish

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]McKinney – Although he has basically been number 2 to Brown, it’s a bit of a false situation. He’s probably on a par with Brown (Who really isn’t that bad! One of the best shot stoppers in the division, but prone to remarkable gaffe’s!). McKinney has been unlucky with injuries. Got back in the first team after the L*V semi’s (Sorry, still can’t talk about it!) and then got injured a couple of games later. Played very well in those few games, and Parky has said that he would have retained his place until the end of the season had that not happened. If that had been the case, I suspect that it would have been a different keeper that had been released. We’ve often said that if we could have had a keeper that was a mix of the two we then there’d be no problems. McKinney is not quite as a good a shot stopper as Brown, although I have seen him pull off some superb saves, but he is a better organiser, generally stronger in the air, and commands the box a lot better than Brown. Our defence has always seemed more confident with him in goal, mainly because he is more vocal than Brown. Having said that, he can also make some shocking mistakes (as anyone who saw Luton put 5 past him last season will be able to tell you!)

As for the striker, I can only suspect it’s McGliesh. Wayne Andrews still has a year to run on his contract, although you could have him - scored 12 goals this season, but seems more interested in trying to win a free kick or pen than score a goal. Fagan is on a two year contract signed on deadline day. We’ve got Gareth Williams from Palace on loan, and suspect we’ll get him permanently, particularly if Palace get through the play offs. So the only one it could be is Scotty. Top Scorer again this season, but don’t think he gets on that well with Parky. He wants a two year contract, but think we’ll only offer one year, if we offer anything at all. Offer him two years and I would think he’ll be yours. And of course if you want to let us have Constantine in return…………!

Make of that what you will!

Have I missed something? Since when has McGliesh been linked with us???

Someone on here suggested that he was the striker we have been linked with

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ May 18 2004,16:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ May 18 2004,16:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dreams @ May 18 2004,16:37)]hope not, he's hardly prolific!!
He scored 17 last season.
I've scored more than that down the 'Brush on a Saturday night !
Yes, but its dark in the brush.

He has been there top scorer two seasons on the trot .And he has played with gower at BARNET Also Wignall was in talks with him last season .

Spoke to McGliesh in town on friday night, has been training with us last week, looks like he could be signing for us. His family live in Southend aswell

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LITTLEMAN @ May 18 2004,17:01)]Spoke to McGliesh in town on friday night, has been training with us last week, looks like he could be signing for us. His family live in Southend aswell
Do you mean McKinney? As I know he has been training with us recently.

If it is McGleish, then I'd be well pleased with that. Knows how to score goals at lower league level and seems to have plenty of b******s about him.

If we do get him, that puts questions over all out strikers, except Dudfield. Will Conny go? Is it true that Tilly has told Husbands to find another club?? If so, will he tell Bramble the same if McGleish joins?

Good job Tilly!

Hmm if we get this duo, we could end up with a seriously deep squad, especially upfront. Drewe, Tes, Husbands, Dudfield, Conny and McGleish, maybe even Corbett!

Constantine, Dudfield, McGliesh, Broughton, Bramble

That would be excellent.

Next year's team:

??

Hunt Edwards Warren Nicky

Constantine Bentley Smith Gower

Dudfield McGliesh

Bench: Flavs, Cort, Corbett, Jupp and Broughton

* bit attacking though but hey ...

tounge.gif

You might as well stick Bramble or Drewe in goal

Better still, don't play with a keeper and put a third stiker on. 4-4-3 anyone?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ May 18 2004,17:32)]Do you mean McKinney? As I know he has been training with us recently.
Sorry i have got the names mixed up. I spoke to McKinney not McGleish. He has been training with us last week and i presume this week

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 18 2004,17:40)]Constantine, Dudfield, McGliesh, Broughton, Bramble

That would be excellent.

Next year's team:

??

Dudfield  McGliesh

tounge.gif
Maher not even making the bench?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ May 19 2004,08:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 18 2004,17:40)]Constantine, Dudfield, McGliesh, Broughton, Bramble

That would be excellent.

Next year's team:

??

Dudfield  McGliesh

tounge.gif
Maher not even making the bench?
He's off IMO ...

Kev