• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MEDIA FIRST LAUNCHED

Podcasting
Is this a new fishing technique
rock.gif

Isnt this just glorifed interviews from Blues World, instead of logging onto blues World and downloading you can download it for free from somewhere else!?

lol

Nice one lads. ;-)

Sounds very good - well played, Scriv!

biggrin.gif

Being a luddite, I'm a bit scared about all this RSS stuff... not sure how it works; but a feather in your cap, sir - it sounds like a really great innovation.

smile.gif

Matt

Have to say it was more BluesTV's James Harrod than me I just got the technical side of things working.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 25 2005,10:36)]Being a luddite, I'm a bit scared about all this RSS stuff... not sure how it works
Ditto! Doesn't even make sense when I read the explanation!
down.gif

Very impressive! Just listened to the first podcast - well done to everyone involved in getting this going.

Just one thing - you might want to provide more help for people who don't know about RSS readers etc as it isn't the easiest thing to get the hang of.

But then it takes away the point that RSS tells you when there's a new Podcast without having to check the official site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Aug. 25 2005,10:46)]Couldn't you just have files to download off the main site?
That could be a lot easier - I don't know many people who use, or even understand, RSS

Im confused...

Is this not going to p%&s all the people off that subscribe to Blues World to get this kind of coverage anyway?.

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Aug. 25 2005,10:46)]But then it takes away the point that RSS tells you when there's a new Podcast without having to check the official site.
Not knocking the idea as I think it's a good one. However, isn't it a good thing to have people clicking onto the website. I imagine it's going to be updated on a fairly regular basis so everyone would know to look. Damn this RSS (Really Stupid Service) that I don't understand.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Aug. 25 2005,10:59)]Im confused...

Is this not going to p%&s all the people off that subscribe to Blues World to get this kind of coverage anyway?.

rock.gif
No because it's nothing like what appears on Blues World.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Aug. 25 2005,11:03)]How do I get it to work on my Cd player as I have yet to purchase an Mp3 player?
Download the file and burn it to CD.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Aug. 25 2005,11:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Aug. 25 2005,10:59)]Im confused...

rock.gif
No because it's nothing like what appears on Blues World.
Can you give an example of the sort of bits we can expect? And what makes it different to Blues World (apart from the cost).

Well it's more like a radio station with news, views and reviews, a few soundbites, clips from games etc... more than just interviews. The potential is massive.

Am I right in thinking the club have copyrighted this in terms of football clubs & if say Man Utd or Real Madrid want to follow suit, they need to pay SUFC for the privilige?

Back