• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MEDIA FIRST LAUNCHED

Why dont you just go the whole hog and introduce our very own radio Station, Blues FM or something...

rock.gif
biggrin.gif

Yea, right Scriv. Download and Burn ?
sad.gif

This needs to be explained in click by click terms for those of us that are not techno geeks. Especially those of us that have no intention of ever investing in something that is likely to give me hearing problems in later life.

Still, the new initiative is great and shows forward thinking by the club.

That's two major firsts this week (if you include the frivolous submission of the request to get the red card overturned).

tounge.gif

Will be great to get it on iTunes soon - that makes it really easy as it automatically downloads the latest episode, and if you have a iPod, puts it on there automatically for you.

We submitted the feed but it's taking a while to get it up there that's why we delayed the launch. However, in the end we thought we'd go with just the RSS option until iTunes get their arse in gear.

No because you can't copyright Podcasting. We're just another outlet doing it but happen to be the first Football Club doing so.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Aug. 25 2005,11:45)]What if you don't have an RSS reader and an MP3 player?

Hardly worth the wait, not exactly thrilled ...

WS

rock.gif
Why doesn't that surprise anyone!!
suspect.gif

I just listened to it via Artfuls link and was fairly impressed. Just another little extra service the club are providing for us.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Aug. 25 2005,12:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Aug. 25 2005,11:45)]What if you don't have an RSS reader and an MP3 player?

WS

rock.gif
suspect.gif
AHA!

I fecking gottya!! HAAAAA! TFS I got ya I got ya!!

biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

It's a good initiative. Free as well. I definately think that Scriv needs to issue some really, really simple instructions though because they need to appreciate that many things may be beyond some. Also, since I really don't have an MP3 player per se, how do I download to my PC?

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Aug. 25 2005,11:50)]
[b said:
[b said:

WS

rock.gif
suspect.gif
AHA!

biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

It's a good initiative. Free as well. I definately think that Scriv needs to issue some really, really simple instructions though because they need to appreciate that many things may be beyond some. Also, since I really don't have an MP3 player per se, how do I download to my PC?

WS
So you want a step by step guide to RSS and haven't got an MP3 player. Sounds like your first post was true!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Aug. 25 2005,11:50)]
[b said:
[b said:

WS

rock.gif
suspect.gif
AHA!

biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

WS
Downloading an RSS Reader is free and when you download the current headlines there will be a link for you to download the file to your computer - you don't HAVE to have an MP3 player...

Okay, so I got myself FeedReeder, added the feed and opened the podcast.mp3 in Windows Media Player.

Now, how do I copy it to my attached PPC?

Clicked 'Copy to Portable Device' in WMP, shows my PPC in right pane but in left pane the podcast item status is 'Cannot copy'.
sad.gif

Just remember the first Southend Utd site to offer RSS was your dear old SZ.

If anyone has issues with RSS they can always pm me.

Also if you use Firefox then you do not need to install an RSS Reader.

And it seems Dave has stolen my RSS explanation. Tut tut.
wink.gif

I would have offered podcast but does anyone want to hear Napster or Leeboy on the iPod.
tounge.gif

Back