• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MEDIA FIRST LAUNCHED

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stid @ Aug. 26 2005,12:25)]Oh yes, and it's open source (just like Firefox).
Good man
biggrin.gif

Well, thanks to General Easterly, I have no downloaded ipodder and it works... so I guess I have an RSS reader... right?

Problem is, I still can't work out how I get the SUFC feeds.

Sorry... I guess I'm stupid... but this doesn't seem to be user friendly to non-techno geeks.

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Aug. 26 2005,13:08)]Sorry... I guess I'm stupid... but this doesn't seem to be user friendly to non-techno geeks.

sad.gif
It all seems a bit pointless this to me! Audio clips to down load = Fine. RSS=Really s%&t Service

I mean no-one even knows what RSS even stands for, so for all we know it could stand for the above! Any other suggestions?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Aug. 26 2005,14:25)]OS - you mean my guide was not clear enough for you?
rock.gif
The guide for Feed Reader? I have ipodder and F2 seems to do bugger all.

rock.gif

What the bloody hell do i do?

I wish I never heard of RSS!

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stid @ Aug. 26 2005,12:25)]Not stid, General Easterly posting.

Now boys and girls, the simplest way of downloading young Mr. Scriven's poptastic podcast is to use ipodder, which will automatically download the podcast for you and upload it to you MP3 player, be it iPod or whatever.

You can download it from iPodder ([url]http://ipodder.sourceforge.net/index.php)[/url] and it is so simple it's untrue.
Hi General Easterly... and Chairman Bob C (who I hope is also reading)...

OK, so I followed Andee's guide - which was very clear and simple for luddites like me, so thank you for that. I downloaded the Feedreader thingy, and have got the RSS feeds for both SUFC and SZ set up.

I even listened to the Podcasts - a very professional job too. Well done to Scriv, James Harrod and the club; brilliant stuff.

I've also downloaded the ipodder thingy that General Easterly suggested, and have put the Southend United podcast xml link into that list.

However, that's as far as I have got. What I have not managed to do is to get the Podcast sound files from either the club's official site, or from Feedreader, over to the ipodder menu.

So I can't listen to the podcasts on my iPod.

sad.gif

So, basically.... HELP! Where am I going wrong, and how do I fix it? All help and suggestions would be very, very gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 31 2005,10:43)]OK, so I followed Andee's guide - which was very clear and simple for luddites like me, so thank you for that.  I downloaded the Feedreader thingy, and have got the RSS feeds for both SUFC and SZ set up.
What about the Trust one
sad.gif

I,m running a mac on OS10 panther, cant get the damn thing to work, tried loading the link to ipodder the name appears ok in the list but says no episodes available at the bottom! Good idea shame cant get it to work on mac, worst thing is i'm up here in the midlans surrounded by Derby fans and they've got this RSS feed thing working from www.the rams.co.uk, does anyone know when its gonna be on itunes?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (piersend @ Aug. 31 2005,12:17)]I,m running a mac on OS10 panther, cant get the damn thing to work, tried loading the link to ipodder the name appears ok in the list but says no episodes available at the bottom! Good idea shame cant get it to work on mac, worst thing is i'm up here in the midlans surrounded by Derby fans and they've got this RSS feed thing working from www.the rams.co.uk, does anyone know when its gonna be on itunes?
I've had the exact same problem with ipodder on my windows machine. Strange, as I have about 5 other podcast feeds which work perfectly
rock.gif

yeah I've got 2 that work fine as well, shame but I guess it'll work out in the end, be nice to have it running today in case there is any news on transfer day
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimperstrust @ Aug. 31 2005,11:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 31 2005,10:43)]OK, so I followed Andee's guide - which was very clear and simple for luddites like me, so thank you for that.  I downloaded the Feedreader thingy, and have got the RSS feeds for both SUFC and SZ set up.
What about the Trust one  
sad.gif
oops.gif

Didn't realise there was one - I shall rectify the situation when I get home tonight!

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 31 2005,13:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimperstrust @ Aug. 31 2005,11:29)]
[b said:
What about the Trust one  
sad.gif
oops.gif

Didn't realise there was one - I shall rectify the situation when I get home tonight!

Matt
Err - posted here on the 26th August
wow.gif

Always thought no one looked at the Trust Section of SZ
down.gif

the podcast seems to be being sent by mms protocol which surprise surprise is Microsoft Media Streaming, so this could be causing you guys some issues.

might have known it was something to do with B****DY MICROSOFT. Guess the Derby site must be more mac compatible, should be great when it comes on itunes podcast, hope the official site lets us know when this is. Also cant see it listed on Podcast.net, unless its not up yet

Back