• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mental Health Mental Health

The last few months have been very hard on some of us, and, just guessing but also on the players, staff and managers at our club.
A lot more happens to us all than just the games on Saturdays and Tuesdays.
I have stayed away from this site because of several reasons, and I know others have done similar.
Nasty is not good, is toxic to the sender, reciever and also many of those who just read those posts and think on them.
We can not know what is going on with other folks.
Please, some of us, have a care, and a think on it.MG.

The last few months have been very hard on some of us, and, just guessing but also on the players, staff and managers at our club.
A lot more happens to us all than just the games on Saturdays and Tuesdays.
I have stayed away from this site because of several reasons, and I know others have done similar.
Nasty is not good, is toxic to the sender, reciever and also many of those who just read those posts and think on them.
We can not know what is going on with other folks.
Please, some of us, have a care, and a think on it.MG.
Very good shout Massimo, I just hope it is listened too by some on here.

Well done Julie Goodyear and husband for speaking about her diagnosis of dementia. Such a terrible, scary way for life to change.
There does seem to be a stigma with alzheimers, dementia, mnd and Parkinsons AND having high profile person such as Betty Lynch be brave to disclose such will help others.

Not an expert on mental health by any means but sadly I do have some knowledge of how awful Alzheimer’s is as my father suffered it in his last few years. Although I say he did which is correct but as he was so unaware of his mental decline it in many ways it was worse for those who loved and cared for him to see how he became a shadow of his former self.

It was of course my father who sat me on the South Bank wall back in the early sixties so have many happy memories. Although sadly not in the last few years so hope they can improve the treatment of this and similar conditions.

Wow that really is a watch
Called my friend yesterday who suffers and glad I did
Shouldn’t be just that one day, keep in touch you never know if it’s the last time you talk
Much love everyone

Indeed, very powerful. I sent it to all my team as a reminder to check in on eachother. Sadly I lost two colleagues many years back to suicide. You never forget.

Back