• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Message for geoffrey king from the east stand!!

SUFCFANS

Coach
Where it's dissapointing to hear you think a small group of Southend fans caused trouble in the West - can I hold you personally responsible for the potential explosive situation in East (black seats) section.

Yes, as this is where the club were happy to sell 2/3 boxes to LECIESTER fans who goaded the Southend fans constantly throught the match - including flicking beer all over the supporters. In addition Mr King can I remind you it is illegal to sell alchol throughout the match so before you express your dissapointment at the Southend fans you may want to be aware that Southend fans in the East had to put up with this throughout the whole game - but of course I'm sure the money you took off these LECIESTER fans was far more important to you than spoiling the day for those genuine home supporters in East stand.

Where it's dissapointing to hear you think a small group of Southend fans caused trouble in the West - can I hold you personally responsible for the potential explosive situation in East (black seats) section.

Yes, as this is where the club were happy to sell 2/3 boxes to LECIESTER fans who goaded the Southend fans constantly throught the match - including flicking beer all over the supporters. In addition Mr King can I remind you it is illegal to sell alchol throughout the match so before you express your dissapointment at the Southend fans you may want to be aware that Southend fans in the East had to put up with this throughout the whole game - but of course I'm sure the money you took off these LECIESTER fans was far more important to you than spoiling the day for those genuine home supporters in East stand.

I know you're as cross as the rest of us, but I'm not sure your facts are exactly right there. I still don't criticise the club for allowing Leicester fans to hire boxes, I'm quite sure we did the same against Chelsea and have for other teams in the past (I believe Swansea last year) - what I do criticise them for is not taking the necessary consideration of the consequences of allowing "full" rights and priviledges under the circumstances without authoritative supervision. I pity whoever was the steward/ess on duty in those boxes.

no problem with them hiring the boxes - but once they start delibertately inciting the home fans they should be out.

By my reckoning that puts Virgin Media at the back of the queue for boxes next time around.

Too little too late I think. Funny that this statement comes out after 15+ pages of complaint have run on here. We know this site is monitored so it's of no surprise.

It would be nice if for once, the club released a statement that was off their own back. It seems we only see a satisfying statement from the club once we have talked it to death on here. It seems that they release these statements to try and calm the waters. It's fake sentiment and it's worse than nothing at all.

To be honest the statement seems fairly factual and they have explained that things took time to resolve. It doesn't excuse the fact that they were slow to act, however at least the have agreed not to let boxes out to 'opposition supporters'. Doesn't necessarily mean that there won't be opposition fans in the boxes though, and I still don't really have a problem with it as this is the first time I've heard of any trouble being caused in the boxes.

Too late indeed! p*** off we're not interested. You have had your time here, and during that time you have treated the fans like complete c****. After the sheer farce of the man u game, and after saturday's load of bollocks, i on behalf of many many southend fans, kindly ask you to pack up and f*** off. You're a disgrace. Putting a profit over the safety of your own fans?! DISGRACE. I can definately see some kind of protest/demonstration about this at the next home game

I was debating whether to renew my season ticket as I've been ****ed off with a lot of things the club have done or failed to do, but ultimately I have purely because of my love for the club and the belief I have in Tilly, and absolutely nothing to do with the people that run it.

To be honest the statement seems fairly factual and they have explained that things took time to resolve. It doesn't excuse the fact that they were slow to act, however at least the have agreed not to let boxes out to 'opposition supporters'. Doesn't necessarily mean that there won't be opposition fans in the boxes though, and I still don't really have a problem with it as this is the first time I've heard of any trouble being caused in the boxes.

For me the problem comes from the fact that southend have;

- SOLD tickets to leicester fans in the home ends
- DID nothing to stop/eject leicester fans in the home ends
- Have put a small profit before it's own fans safety
- Have the cheek to put the blame firstly, on TBV, then put the blame os SUFC fans fighting amoungst themselves
- No-one has so far accepted the responsibility of letting away fans in the home ends.

For me the problem comes from the fact that southend have;

- SOLD tickets to leicester fans in the home ends
- DID nothing to stop/eject leicester fans in the home ends
- Have put a small profit before it's own fans safety
- Have the cheek to put the blame firstly, on TBV, then put the blame os SUFC fans fighting amoungst themselves
- No-one has so far accepted the responsibility of letting away fans in the home ends.

I'm not talking about the overall issues that occured, I'm saying that King's response to the fans in the corporate box isn't too bad. There have been other times (including other leicester fans on saturday) when away fans have been in the boxes and behaved just fine, which is why i don't have an issue with it per se. however at least the club have admitted being slow to act in this instance

I was debating whether to renew my season ticket as I've been ****ed off with a lot of things the club have done or failed to do, but ultimately I have purely because of my love for the club and the belief I have in Tilly, and absolutely nothing to do with the people that run it.

I know exactly what you mean. I have turned my back on the CLUB now. F*** 'em. The only people i want to see is the TEAM and MANAGEMENT. The only people i respect.

I have no problem with them selling boxes to away fans as it helps make money for the club, which hopefully feeds into the teams budget, but they needed to deal with it better at the time, and how about just locking the bloody windows!!

In my heart what saddens me the most (also having just renewed 4 season cards in the kids section) is that I felt/decided I'd have to leave before the end of the game for the sake of my kids. I didn't want too, I'm not sure I made the right decision even; but they seemed to be watching the trouble in the away end, West, East and boxes 1,2 and 3 more than the game.

I too have sat with my friends at away games but not in the SUFC supporters section and it has been fine; because you respect where you are, don't raise grief, nor where Southend 'colours' (too obviously!) and indeed have a laugh generally with those around us. I have seen/watched Southend fans at away games in the wrong section (if you like) and they always seem well behaved etc. So no excuse should be made for Leics 'fans' whom behaved wrongly either in the Southend section or the boxes; put simply 'get them out'.

I find it extremely naive of 'our' club these things arose in the first place.

Last edited:
I don't really understand the statement tbh. He says that, in future, boxes won't be sold to opposition supporters. However, these boxes weren't sold to Leicester fans, they were sold to a company.

a good few years ago it was the cup game against luton were bramble scored right at the end, we all used to sit in the east yellows, and there was a proper firm of us that game there was a box if cheeky luton fans just above our heads, who about 10 minutes into the game thought it would be funny to chuck a beer over one of out chaps heads, you know the old thing. ' goad as much as they like because they are untouchable' well it was about that time that I used to have alot of boxes and new how to get up there from the stands, the site of there faces when 30 of us plowed through the blues lounge and into there box!!!!! the bullies had suddenly got the feeling of being bullied and it felt sooooooo good. Anyway its nice to hear that about 7 years on? the club has learnt nothing

Back