• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Message for geoffrey king from the east stand!!

having just read the message by King, reminds me abit of the club game 'I used to sell VIP packages in the dayfor a group of night clubs, these ranged from £600 to £2000 a night ranging from 20-25 guests, the guests paid before and the booking was secured, when I sent the paper work ect I sent them a copy of our companies Terns and Conditions, basically the rules of the night club, In the entertainment business no one person, group is biggger than the industry itself, and if it is deamed, no matter how much these people have paid, they are becoming detrimental to future business, and that could be anything from fighting,smoking, attitude you get my drift they would be asked to leave, they new the rules when they made payment break them your out , your problem deal with it. and as a unit it was great that the managment through to the pot men worked to this process, the club should have had some balls hear, and they now wouldnt be faced with the problems they now have, which by the looks of it could turn out to be very detrimental to there match day business

Once again he is attempting to shift the blame onto someone else. On one hand he states the club sold boxes to other Leicester fans and on the other he says the Virgin boxes were supposed to be a mixture of fans. Does he think we are all morons, since when has there been any link between Leicester and SUFC fans ? Why would they want to be in the same box ?

Lies and more lies, trying to blame Virgin Media, I don't think so. It's just lucky if the club have sold other boxes to away fans that they didn't kick off also.

I wonder if we will get a statement from Virgin claiming their boxes were not the one's that had trouble in and it was the one's the club sold to away fans ? I'm waiting for that denial from Virgin. Two sides to every story.

I wonder if we will get a statement from Virgin claiming their boxes were not the one's that had trouble in and it was the one's the club sold to away fans ? I'm waiting for that denial from Virgin. Two sides to every story.

I am half tempted to pass the link to King's statement onto 2 of my former colleagues at VM to in turn pass onto their legal team. I am sure as an organisation, VM would be interested that the good name of their company is being slated on the internet...

From what I saw, the increased security consisted of one girl wearing a security pass around her neck. Fat lot of good she would do.

I am half tempted to pass the link to King's statement onto 2 of my former colleagues at VM to in turn pass onto their legal team. I am sure as an organisation, VM would be interested that the good name of their company is being slated on the internet...

there's one way to find out...

DO IT DO IT DO IT lol

I have no problem with them selling boxes to away fans as it helps make money for the club, which hopefully feeds into the teams budget, but they needed to deal with it better at the time, and how about just locking the bloody windows!!

Exactly as a fellow East Black Back Row occupant who had those nice people above my head, I can concur that this simple action would have solved the problem from the start. Whoever is in charge of letting the Boxes need to ask themselves why this simple action was not thought of by themselves prior to the match.

Exactly as a fellow East Black Back Row occupant who had those nice people above my head, I can concur that this simple action would have solved the problem from the start. Whoever is in charge of letting the Boxes need to ask themselves why this simple action was not thought of by themselves prior to the match.

I'm not sure you can though, not so they couldn't just immediately be unlocked by the occupants. I'm sure they're just like a bog standard lock on patio doors - the up and down type lock (probably a technical term for it, but I'm a woman after all!).

Jesus Christ who is this idiots advisor on these things?.

First of all the club has nobody to blame but themselves for pure greed in letting groups of Leicester fans buy boxes in the East Stand pure and simple. aAso for letting in Leicester fans in the West where they know the more shall me say passionate (because thats what it boils down too) supporters sit.

I mean what these guys meant to say, "please gentlemen sit down because its a bit annoying you being in our home end celebrating your promotion"?. Bollocks they are going to get slapped and rightly so because you just dont do that in football and any football fan will tell you the same.

I would like too say the club will learn from their mistakes but it has happened many times in the past and will happen again no doubt until thry get their act together and do a proper job. Blaming the fans for their reaction is a joke and too all those who did react well I dont blame you as I would have done the same.

I'd just like to thank the club and Geoffrey King in particular for making Saturday's game a wholly unpleasurable experience from my position immediately below these morons in the back row of the East Blacks. Next time I won't bother to go and complain to the stewards - they did nothing.

I know you're as cross as the rest of us, but I'm not sure your facts are exactly right there. I still don't criticise the club for allowing Leicester fans to hire boxes, I'm quite sure we did the same against Chelsea and have for other teams in the past (I believe Swansea last year) - what I do criticise them for is not taking the necessary consideration of the consequences of allowing "full" rights and priviledges under the circumstances without authoritative supervision. I pity whoever was the steward/ess on duty in those boxes.

I was in a executive box next to Leicester fans. I don’t recall there being any other Southend fans in boxes.
There were at least four boxes full of Leicester fans, (as I have said in a previous thread)
However I totally do not understand how they was not asked to leave, You would think that if you pay to be in a executive box then you would expect an atmosphere something different to what I was experiencing. We had our window open and all you could hear and see was the idiotic behaviour of Leicester City fans in the HOME east stand.
There was all sorts going on, Mr King has not even mentioned this incident, no apology from anyone regarding this.
To be fair to one box which had Leicester fans in, they was well behaved and they wasn’t happy with what the other guys were doing. Just think King needs to actually speak to people and communicate properly before he has a rant.

I think Southend Fans were well behaved considering the provocation, can you imagine some fans from other clubs letting things like that go??

I was in a executive box next to Leicester fans. I don’t recall there being any other Southend fans in boxes.
There were at least four boxes full of Leicester fans, (as I have said in a previous thread)
However I totally do not understand how they was not asked to leave, You would think that if you pay to be in a executive box then you would expect an atmosphere something different to what I was experiencing. We had our window open and all you could hear and see was the idiotic behaviour of Leicester City fans in the HOME east stand.
There was all sorts going on, Mr King has not even mentioned this incident, no apology from anyone regarding this.
To be fair to one box which had Leicester fans in, they was well behaved and they wasn’t happy with what the other guys were doing. Just think King needs to actually speak to people and communicate properly before he has a rant.

I think Southend Fans were well behaved considering the provocation, can you imagine some fans from other clubs letting things like that go??

Oh exactly! You can just see Millwall or Leeds fans putting up with that kind of behaviour can't you?! I'd say that you may be entitled to some kind of refund, you pay out all that money and then have it ruined by idiots that the club really should have been prepared for.

I'm not sure you can though, not so they couldn't just immediately be unlocked by the occupants. I'm sure they're just like a bog standard lock on patio doors - the up and down type lock (probably a technical term for it, but I'm a woman after all!).

So went the cheaper option again and fitted windows that are not lockable by Key. Then they should have brought some padlocks and kept them shut that way.

A simple and cheap way to show your feelings without abuse when we play Cheltenham, all The West Stand hold up RED Cards that will highlight the feelings to the club in a silent protest

Just a thought without having to say a word

Or we could be much more vocal and actually achieve something by shouting throughout the game "Geoff Off" or "Geoff Out"

Or we could be much more vocal and actually achieve something by shouting throughout the game "Geoff Off" or "Geoff Out"

Just as a matter of interest but what would that achieve? If anyone thinks that GK is going to resign because of this I suggest that they are sadly deluded.

Not intending to get him to resign but just to get our voices across, would be much more successful than red cards which the club would have to consult the stadium manager to allow, which, if it's against him, then he won't.

Saturday was my first visit to the Hall this season.... if the this thread is read by ther club.. then my voice will be heard....

In one word the approach to this game and the message to the visiting fans was wrong....

1. Have a box... that they are fully entitled to..... but we will not control your behaviour!
2. If you encroach onto the playing area.... don't worry. our stewards are not brave enough to control that behaviour.
3. If you have bought tickets in the home area and want to fight , that's fine cos we we'll make sure these Southend fans are identified.

replies welcome!

king is a **** and passes the blame rather to block w. not even noting the fact that if the stewards did their bit in the first place none of this would have even happened.

typical and un-surprising response by king.

Back