• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The (very small)Stevenage contingent seemed to fully appreciate Tims’s efforts.

The Shrimpers Trust will be holding a Chinese Night on Thursday 28th March 2019 at East, 33 Alexandra Street, Southend on Sea.

The evening begins at 7.30pm and the cost will be £15.00 per person for an 'all you can eat' buffet.

You may be wondering why I've posted this here, well, the Shrimpers Trust will be welcoming Michael Timlin along as our guest on this evening, and will be making a presentation to him on behalf of supporters, Trust members and non-Trust members alike.

If you would like to come along and join us in saying "thank you" then please book by contacting Alan Perry, details below.

We welcome Members and Non Members alike so why not come along for some good food and chat.

As a fundraising event for the Trust we will also be holding a Raffle.

For further details or to book a table contact Alan Perry
phone20.jpg
01702 476458
email20.jpg
alanperry4@hotmail.com

maxresdefault.jpg

The Shrimpers Trust will be holding a Chinese Night on Thursday 28th March 2019 at East, 33 Alexandra Street, Southend on Sea.

The evening begins at 7.30pm and the cost will be £15.00 per person for an 'all you can eat' buffet.

You may be wondering why I've posted this here, well, the Shrimpers Trust will be welcoming Michael Timlin along as our guest on this evening, and will be making a presentation to him on behalf of supporters, Trust members and non-Trust members alike.

If you would like to come along and join us in saying "thank you" then please book by contacting Alan Perry, details below.

We welcome Members and Non Members alike so why not come along for some good food and chat.

phone20.jpg
01702 476458
email20.jpg
alanperry4@hotmail.com

maxresdefault.jpg
Do you have any information about the buffet?

phone20.jpg
01702 476458
email20.jpg
alanperry4@hotmail.com

maxresdefault.jpg

What will you be presenting him with out of interest OBL?

Not long back, Michael was, as ever, a thorough gentleman, greeting many of us with handshakes or, where appropriate, hugs and kisses :Blush: Chatted at length with several of us, he misses us, we're still one of the first results he looks for.

He spoke quite candidly about the situation at Southend, how he'd still been on good terms with Chris Powell, and how he helped with bringing Dru on last year by constantly coaching and encouraging him on the pitch.

There will be a full article on the Trust website, Michael was really touched with the presentation, the plaque on the picture presented to him reads: Michael Timlin 2010 - 2018 - Midfield General. A true legend literally spilt blood for the cause with thanks from the Shrimpers Trust on behalf of all Southend supporters.

I was really surprised at Timlins love for the club, he is almost desperate to come back and coach here as some point. He spoke highly of all the staff , Ron etc. He said that Ron is an attractive chairman to Managers looking for a job, as he lets them get on with things and give them time.

I did ask him how much difference a highly vocal animated manager makes during a game, he said its more down to having one or more players who take the instructions on board and then they communicate it to the players and keep that communication up. When someone said its really only Cox who seems to be doing much of that he seemed surprised and said that of about 5 or so players last year who had those onfield leadership qualities Cox was probably the quietest.
He also rates Keen as a brilliant coach, not the managerial type , but as a coach top drawer

I was really surprised at Timlins love for the club, he is almost desperate to come back and coach here as some point. He spoke highly of all the staff , Ron etc. He said that Ron is an attractive chairman to Managers looking for a job, as he lets them get on with things and give them time.

I did ask him how much difference a highly vocal animated manager makes during a game, he said its more down to having one or more players who take the instructions on board and then they communicate it to the players and keep that communication up. When someone said its really only Cox who seems to be doing much of that he seemed surprised and said that of about 5 or so players last year who had those onfield leadership qualities Cox was probably the quietest.
He also rates Keen as a brilliant coach, not the managerial type , but as a coach top drawer

Who were the 5 or so players other than himself: Coker, Kiernan, Demetriou, Ferdinand and Cox?

Who were the 5 or so players other than himself: Coker, Kiernan, Demetriou, Ferdinand and Cox?
He didn't elaborate , I guess him , Keirnan came up in conversation too, but it was interesting that he felt that animated managers did not have that much effect on the pitch , it was about getting a message across to one or more players who can get that message spread.

These guys are professionals, why would someone shouting and screaming at them help them perform? Just imagine if your manager or management team did that to you while working telling you how to do your job, but we as fans described it as passion and desire?! I could see Timlin being a good coach as he seems the player to lead on the pitch and provide a lot of guidance to the younger players. Maybe as part of a new look team next season

These guys are professionals, why would someone shouting and screaming at them help them perform? Just imagine if your manager or management team did that to you while working telling you how to do your job, but we as fans described it as passion and desire?! I could see Timlin being a good coach as he seems the player to lead on the pitch and provide a lot of guidance to the younger players. Maybe as part of a new look team next season
Yet it was a criticism of CP , showed lack of passion apparently .....

Weird I know, passion and commitment Timlin show must games I saw him play, with none of the shouting though there might of been some hand waving

It's not about screaming and passion, it's about going out with a positive mindset and asking players to be positive and proactive, rather than nervous and defensive.

My argument with CP was that he set up to not get beaten on too many occasions and as soon as we conceded he kind of slumped back into the dugout without a plan B in mind. This is where you need a manager to change things and get messages out on the pitch to change things about.

Players are responsible once the game starts, fair enough, but they still have to go on what the manager asks them to do.

Still miss Michael Timlin, I think our team does, he was a very good player for us, fully committed and put his head in were it hurts for the team.

cOVJ3N.jpg
Michael Timlin salutes the appreciative Shrimpers fans.

Back