• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gutted about that, would’ve loved to have had him back.

Great signing for them, hope they manage to stay up this season:Thumbs up:

Ebbsfleet make us look like a well run, stable club , if they manage anything other than 24th in that division then they've done well.
Good luck to the lot of them there.

Ebbsfleet make us look like a well run, stable club , if they manage anything other than 24th in that division then they've done well.
Good luck to the lot of them there.

Punched above their weight with money from the wealthy Arabs father. He upset dad and the money dried up, so just like the Ricay they will find their natural level.

Punched above their weight with money from the wealthy Arabs father. He upset dad and the money dried up, so just like the Ricay they will find their natural level.

?
The wealthy arab is who owns them. He's one of the richest men in Kuwait The issues with them have all come from his other interests in the area. He owns most of the land from Gravesend to Rochester. There were big plans to build a theme park on the marshland, which would have been the biggest theme park in Europe.
All was going well, it was approved by council, government, everyone. Then his biggest backer, Universal, pulled out. At first he was just going to go it alone but then all sorts of others pulled out, Pepsi, BBC (was going to be a Top Gear themed area).
What went on nobody is really sure but when this started happening is when he stopped paying players at Ebbsfleet and started throwing is toys out of his pram.
Money is not the issue, he is richer than god. Whatever has gone on he seems to have taken as a personal insult. If all the development ever gets back on track I fully expect to see Ebbsfleet FC spunking money again.

Last edited:
?
The wealthy arab is who owns them. He's one of the richest men in Kuwait The issues with them have all come from his other interests in the area. He owns most of the land from Gravesend to Rochester. There were big plans to build a theme park on the marshland, which would have been the biggest theme park in Europe.
All was going well, it was approved by council, government, everyone. Then his biggest backer, Universal, pulled out. At first he was just going to go it alone but then all sorts of others pulled out, Pepsi, BBC (was going to be a Top Gear themed area).
What went on nobody is really sure but when this started happening is when he stopped paying players at Ebbsfleet and started throwing is toys out of his pram.
Money is not the issue, he is richer than god. Whatever has gone on he seems to have taken as a personal insult. If all the development ever gets back on track I fully expect to see Ebbsfleet FC spunking money again.

He may well own them but it is a project for his son. Who i briefly met when I was over there as i have know their former captains family for years.

Impressive plans with a hotel and a large airport as well. They believe Europeans will stop at Ebbsfleet on their way to London.......I looked at the location of the hotel and i doubt many people will be investing in that......

The one thing that struck me was the naivety that money means you can have what you like tomorrow........As we all know councils in England work at their own pace and there are plenty of groups and individuals who will pride themselves on stopping the smallest of developments no matter how important or needed they are.

More to the point, you can build a new shopping centre like blue water and suddenly women from those impressive catchment figures will roll up in their 1000's.....Build a football stadium with a 'new team' and men will only go once for the tick but won't become fans.

My money is on the get bored quickly, frustrated with progress and move on.

I wont go into details but the son has upset dad, so you have that going o as well. Like i say not a lot different to Tamplin and Ricay and yet another non league 5 year soap opera.....Soon to be forgotten

Some Shrimpers would welcome them with open arms. I prefer Ron.....For now anyway.

Last edited:

Despite any current issues both clubs are pretty close to their "natural level" (whatever that is).

Ebbsfleet have spent virtually all of their existence in the top couple of tiers of non-league football, won the FA Trophy, survived the 35,000 internet based owners experiment and were founder members of the Alliance (fore-runner to Conference/National League).

Billericay have spent all of the last 20 years at level 2 or 3 in non-league football and a good amount of the previous 20. They are in a much better position than they were facility wise, league status wise and community integration wise before Tamplin. Due to his eccentric excesses it's easy to overlook the good he's done.

Despite any current issues both clubs are pretty close to their "natural level" (whatever that is).

Ebbsfleet have spent virtually all of their existence in the top couple of tiers of non-league football, won the FA Trophy, survived the 35,000 internet based owners experiment and were founder members of the Alliance (fore-runner to Conference/National League).

Billericay have spent all of the last 20 years at level 2 or 3 in non-league football and a good amount of the previous 20. They are in a much better position than they were facility wise, league status wise and community integration wise before Tamplin. Due to his eccentric excesses it's easy to overlook the good he's done.

If you read the threads on Tamplin or Ricay I have stated that it does more good than harm. I'm all for new stands bars and better players facilities. They last fans long after the eccentric owners depart.

Its just theme parks, airports or even cinema and retail parks take longer than some people realise.

If you read the threads on Tamplin or Ricay I have stated that it does more good than harm. I'm all for new stands bars and better players facilities. They last fans long after the eccentric owners depart.

Its just theme parks, airports or even cinema and retail parks take longer than some people realise.

Indeed. Which is why the more altruistic type of benefactor is so much more valuable .... if you can find one!

MICHAEL Timlin proved he was a cut above the rest during a remarkable show of bravery during Southend United’s successful play-off push.

More...

Back