• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mildy wants out -

Not the best keeper we have had by a long chalk, but with wages late it seems nearly every month, one can hardly blame him for wanting to better himself.

Dont care he is going as I think he is basic but I am concerned if we have the ability to sign a replacement as Daniel Bentley is not an option just yet I fear.

Really not surprised to see everyones opinion of him has changed since the echo came up with this news, its how it always is.

Steve deserves better than us to be honest, league 1 keeper atleast, plus the wages factor, do not blame him at all.

I wouldn't be too bothered about him leaving if we had a half decent no.2. Problem is if and when he goes we are truly stuffed. We need to sort this embargo out asap otherwise to put it nicely we be ****ed!

We don't need to get the embargo lifted until August. What we need to do asap is get some cash into the Club to pay the outstanding wagebill and meet any tax obligations that we've got.

Paying back loans two months before we absolutely need to would be foolish if our cash position is anything like what I suspect it might be.

We don't need to get the embargo lifted until August. What we need to do asap is get some cash into the Club to pay the outstanding wagebill and meet any tax obligations that we've got.

Paying back loans two months before we absolutely need to would be foolish if our cash position is anything like what I suspect it might be.

Most of the players are probably in talks now.What are we going to say to players - "Yes no problems lads should be ok and have the embargo lifted come August".

Who in there right mind is going to agree a deal with us on current form.

Mildy is a half decent L1 keeper, would be good in L2, but not a massive loss.

The article mentions he's unhappy being paid late, which is clearly very unfair from the club and he's right to be miffed. From another way of looking at this, I'm speculating that he's on a decent wage here, signing during silly wage season and all that. With wages dropping this summer and with a fee to SUFC possibly being required, he may well need to take a cut to get to a League 1 club. Depending how big this cut is may mean he stays with us - being paid late is better than being paid much less. I think something similar happened to Newcastle when they got relegated (although on a much bigger scale) - the players were so overpaid that no-one would take them off their hands even thought they wanted to trim the wage bill.

Bring back Darryl!

Hear, hear...........he should have never of been allowed to leave. Wasn't that we would only offer him a one year contract? Disgrace.
Never became a fan of Stevie M, which is unusual for me. Over the years I've always been a huge admirer of our number one, that goes right back to Paul Sansome. Not this one though.......think thats indicative of the entire club at the moment though.
Ta da I won't miss you. What I will miss though is having a football team left to love.

Most of the players are probably in talks now.What are we going to say to players - "Yes no problems lads should be ok and have the embargo lifted come August".

Who in there right mind is going to agree a deal with us on current form.

It's not going to look good either way but I'd have thought that new players would prefer to get paid even if they aren't registered with the Club officially until August than be registered straight away but being owed wages.

It's obviously depressing that either scenario has to be considered but any cash that we do have needs to be used for the taxman first and wages second. Anything left over can then be used to pay back what we owe and get the embargo lifted. That has to be the order of priorities though.

Hear, hear...........he should have never of been allowed to leave. Wasn't that we would only offer him a one year contract? Disgrace.

I wouldn't quite go as far as to call him a disgrace, although his distribution, command of the area and above all his decision making certainly left a lot to be desired.

I agree if he doesn't want to stay here at Southend then he can go, but it annoys me when some people say he's not a good keeper. Yes he flipping is good he has made some quality saves all season. Only cos of our crap defence which is why we got relegated.
Especially if moody *******s in the South upper shouting at him giving him stick, your supposed to support every player who plays for us no matter what. But if he wants to go then let him leave. I want 100% commited players

Back