• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
I am surprised no-one has brought this up as yet, our former CEO has inherited one almighty challenge as the new CEO at Millwall FC, and was on Talk Sport yesterday discussing it and galvanising support - which has been pretty forthcoming from the football world in general.

Basically, Lewisham Council want to raze the whole area to the ground and re-generate it, including The Den. Problem is, there is no provision for a football club in the future plans. Now, we all know no-one likes Millwall FC :winking: but this is a disgraceful act by the Lewisham councillors, not least because the company awarded the regeneration development has two former councillors on its board - nepotism, anyone?

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...den-lewisham-council-and-potential-relocation

The football club have said that, if they are not accommodated, they will move to Kent - not sure how Gillingham will feel about that in all fairness - but anyway, there is currently a 38 degrees petition which obviously football fans are being encouraged to sign to show their support. If anyone fancies signing it, here's a link to it:

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petiti...&source=facebook-share-button&time=1484051749

I thought the CPO was on the area around the Den, which the club currently use as a car park and something else.

IIRC, the club had plans to develop this land and other council land which they hadn't bought yet and it appears that the Council , when seeing the plans submitted by another company, decided that was the way forward as the club had not been progressing fast enough.

Sorry state of affairs , but certainly one SK will be familiar with.

Millwall are very proud of the fact that no one likes them. Even their own council in this case.

I wouldn't worry too much. There's a travellers site just around the corner, Millwall can say move them and then you can move us. The club will be there for another 100 years at least before that happens.

The outcome of the CPO has been postponed until February.

I watched a local Kent BBC news programme late last week, the news piece said that Dartford & Ebbsfleet are possible locations if they have to move. Not as a groundshare, but on some waste land / brown field site on the outskirts of town with a "Lego kit" style of stadium off the motorway, like Col Ewe.

I'm sure that Gillingham wont be happy with that at all, if that was the case.

The update on this in today's Grauniad is breathtaking.

Pleasing to see that at least Vicky Foxcroft has come out in condemnation of this absolute ****show.

The Millwall boys will be having words with those councillors intent on this folly.

This all, thankfully and rightfully, looks like hitting the skids.

Barney Ronay deserves a serious accolade for his work here. A scandal of the most corrupt nature thwarted by proper investigative journalism.

Just seen on the regional BBC 1pm news that the Mayor of Lewisham has said there we be no CPO on the land around the stadium. So i'm guessing its over for now at least anyway.

Back