• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Let's face it, there always have been and always will be mindless pillocks who 'support' our great team. We could do without them for sure. Thankfully they are in the minority. COYB

Every team has some small minority of 'supporters' whom act in such a manner, it is wrong but I suppose we are all different.......

Well said Dan. If you want your team to be winners then support them if you want them to be losers then just abuse them. The choice is yours!!

Why does this not surprise me? Time and again, up and down the country regardless of what team you support, many football fans, believe that they deserve better. Quite frankly, if someone come into my company and told me I wasn't doing a good job today, I would tell them to **** off. That be regardless of whether they have the best interest of the company at heart or not.

Granted I would never tell a fan that if I was a professional sportsman but only for the reason I wouldn't want to damage my reputation, But I would certainly be thinking that they can pee off and leave me alone. I always believe if you are able to have a quiet word and tell someone to improve then great but shouting abuse when you have your mates around you is not big nor clever. It's actually totally pointless. Why not think of something productive to say, or suggest ways to improve.

How would anyone react to being called worthless, crap, etc. They would be de-motivated. In fact this point to me completely highlights why professional sports players will suffer with depression. If you haven't had a read, please view this article about Leon Mckenzie.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ie-suicide-attempt-depression--interview.html

In my opinion, absolute mindless cretins. You can't always have a good day at the office. How can a striker have a good day at the office if he is starved of service. How likely is it a goalkeeper will have a good day at the office and your team win a game if the defence is having a shocker. It's a team game. We win and lose together. Berating players is totally unacceptable. Sure tell them you are disappointed but any swearing or personal abuse, why it has been 'allowed' for so long at football grounds is beyond me. Look at Luis Suarez getting punished for his gesture to the Fulham fans... Yet how many different people do you see use hand gestures in the crowd at a football match! Massively out of hand and quite frankly there will always be a percentage of people that you can never please.

Abuse on back of such a great unbeaten run makes this even more shocking. Well, I posted about mindset and positive thinking. This will just serve to crush a player and his team. Why would the players want to run their backside of for 'fans' like that? They wouldn't is the simple answer.

Despicable.

Well said sir, I agree completly with almost all of that.

Almost got in a scuffle yesterday for joining in the sturrock sort it out chant and being abused for it.

At the end of the day paul sturrock has done a great job with limited resources , but lets face it we have been solid and very unspectacular and if we are honest at least 60-70 % of our success has been built on not getting beat rather than beating opposition and fair play up until now it has worked.

We have though played badly in a high percentage of our wins and the defeats to swindon and cheltenham have come about as they have shown more flair endeavour and quality than us , but more worrying is that they have given more effort which as a top of the table team is a concern.

Its all well and good being top of the table but if we are lying 8th come may then its all pointless.

Just for the record regarding saturday i beleive that sturrock got it all wrong. I also beleive like i have said that just being solid and snatching wins does not provide success although i accept it has until now.

I think paul has done a marvelous job and im still chuffed , but no manager is immune from critisism even alex ferguson jose mourinho etc.

So to the plum who thought he would start giving it , get your facts right first.

Also i dont agree with singling players out for slating at any time especially a player that gives 100% like dicko

Said person is a young lad who follows the side home and away. He is IMHO wrong to abuse his own players and in time maybe he will learn from that but I dont think making him out to be a mindless idiot is fair.

The lads in question travels to a fair few games and I think is pretty much a regular at home. We were all frustrated Saturday after the showing and maybe he took his out in the heat of the moment on the nearest players. Silly but dont judge him too harshly as a young lad for a heat of the moment incident(s).

Almost got in a scuffle yesterday for joining in the sturrock sort it out chant and being abused for it.

At the end of the day paul sturrock has done a great job with limited resources , but lets face it we have been solid and very unspectacular and if we are honest at least 60-70 % of our success has been built on not getting beat rather than beating opposition and fair play up until now it has worked.

We have though played badly in a high percentage of our wins and the defeats to swindon and cheltenham have come about as they have shown more flair endeavour and quality than us , but more worrying is that they have given more effort which as a top of the table team is a concern.

Its all well and good being top of the table but if we are lying 8th come may then its all pointless.

Just for the record regarding saturday i beleive that sturrock got it all wrong. I also beleive like i have said that just being solid and snatching wins does not provide success although i accept it has until now.

I think paul has done a marvelous job and im still chuffed , but no manager is immune from critisism even alex ferguson jose mourinho etc.

So to the plum who thought he would start giving it , get your facts right first.

Also i dont agree with singling players out for slating at any time especially a player that gives 100% like dicko

Interesting perspective Tommy.

My thought is that if you want attractive football then support Barcelona. PS has been employed to gain us promotion. You would have far more plans getting frustrated if we were playing the perfect passing game but not winning.

My opinion, as I have stated before is that some fans will always want more. I understand what you are saying and it appears that you are saying because you don't think his style will be a success in the long term. But, you won't go 17 games unbeaten if you are doing something wrong.

The one thing I think as a football fan you can feel peeved with is if your team are not putting the effort in. But if you are getting results then you have to look at it and say that's what you need to win the league and progress. I wouldn't say you are wrong to sing to Paul Sturrock, just that you are a very harsh critic.

What is the matter with you people, if a guy want's to give his opinion good or bad let him we don't live in a Russian style dictatorship (thanks to Mr Cameron) so all this name and shame stuff is totally childish grow up please.

It's like a little boys club on here sometimes if someone has an opinion that the cliche doesn't agree with then they are banned or isolated hense the reason alot of the characters cannot be bothered to post anymore. If someone has an opinion let them express whether you like it or not.

Granted Bazza the dog everyone oes have the right to their opinions and vent their frustrations but to specifically go out your way to abuse 1 player when quite frankly they all played bad isnt appropriate. We all support the Blues and want to see our beloved club promoted this season but its one defeat and one game only. The abuse was not even warranted dickenson had a bad game but towards the end he skinned their player twice and put a good ball in for ferdinand n moshni that was our only attacking moves of the whole 90.

Some come everyone lets cheers on the lads and hope we bounce back on Tuesday night

Matter of opinion as always if we all had the same view on things then the world would be as boring as some of the saddos on here.

Abusing Dicko is unfair coz he tries hard
Other players who don't make an effort i believe it is justified.:winking:

I personally think that the boring 'saddos' are the one's who abuse and not the one's who seek to be reasoned. There are ways and means of having opinions without being malicious or nasty, even though we may have different ways of viewing things.

Interesting perspective Tommy.

My thought is that if you want attractive football then support Barcelona. PS has been employed to gain us promotion. You would have far more plans getting frustrated if we were playing the perfect passing game but not winning.

My opinion, as I have stated before is that some fans will always want more. I understand what you are saying and it appears that you are saying because you don't think his style will be a success in the long term. But, you won't go 17 games unbeaten if you are doing something wrong.

The one thing I think as a football fan you can feel peeved with is if your team are not putting the effort in. But if you are getting results then you have to look at it and say that's what you need to win the league and progress. I wouldn't say you are wrong to sing to Paul Sturrock, just that you are a very harsh critic.

This is what people are moaning about from saturday not the fact that we lost but the manner of the defeat so all these people that think some fans are just moaning because of the result are wrong. I was there at the game and to be honest I have seen more fight and passion in a nunnery. It was a shambles definitely one to forget and move on.

The person in question is getting a bit OTT stick here if you actually went to cheltenham on saturday and spent time and money getting there and then play like dickinson and the rest of the team did then you have a right to have a pop at the players. You can see most posts on here aren't from people who didnt fork out £100 and the worlds worst train journey to get there are saying old "were 2nd in the league " etc etc. We were **** poor on saturday and the players didnt seem to put any effort in the 2nd half and they deserve the criticisim there getting.

Yeah right like "naming and shaming" a guy for having an opinion some people don't agree with so you can no doubt give the fella a bit of stick right?. Double standards all the way.

I personally think that the boring 'saddos' are the one's who abuse and not the one's who seek to be reasoned. There are ways and means of having opinions without being malicious or nasty, even though we may have different ways of viewing things.

The person in question is getting a bit OTT stick here if you actually went to cheltenham on saturday and spent time and money getting there and then play like dickinson and the rest of the team did then you have a right to have a pop at the players. You can see most posts on here aren't from people who didnt fork out £100 and the worlds worst train journey to get there are saying old "were 2nd in the league " etc etc. We were **** poor on saturday and the players didnt seem to put any effort in the 2nd half and they deserve the criticisim there getting.

Now I was there (and as I spent the weekend in Bristol it was considerably more than 100 Quid , but thats besides the point) and I didn't feel the performance warranted abuse, true we were second best, at stages even poor but in my opinion an off day on the back of a 12 league match unbeaten run where we ended up top of the table didn't warrant abuse.

That may be because I am generally more inclined to encourage than abuse anyway, now 5 peformances like that back to back and it may well warrant some stick

I think the person in question forgot the great run we had been one and I am sure he and Dicko both acted on impulse.

The day itself was terrible on all fronts and probably one most people want to forget. I personally cant cope with being out classed and lets be honest you get that if you support Southend but I cannot really cope with being outfought. You could see from the first minute that they wanted it. They totally bossed us and it was a woeful performance.

Alas the world has changed since I used to attend EVERY away match, mid week in Darlington as well, costing me the equivalent of considerably more than £100. We witnessed some rubbish and we moaned and groaned about it but isn't it sad that everything now has to be 'in yer face' and so much more aggressive. I know which era I would prefer to be associated with.

Think the only reason Dickinson was singled out by this young man was because he was the player who came nearest to the away fans to clap us for our support at the end of the match. It was one person venting his frustration at the first player he saw. He was very young and when he matures a little bit will realise it was stupid and pointless. As for Dickinson shrug it off mate and prove him an idiot with a great performance tomorrow and more to the point next Friday.

The supporter i witnessed dishing out the abuse was NOT young and a total disgrace to call himself a supporter of S.U.F.C. his bottle soon went when Dicko retaliated and the gobsh---s mouth soon closed.

Back