• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southendsleeper

Manager
Class game, in such sweltering heat.

The beachballs in the west stand were a nice touch.

Guttridge again had a good game,but tries the spectacular when the average will do, too many headers to the opposition, and his headed miss made the crowd scream.

The fans were in great voice, 'you all support ipswich' etc, very very loud.

Stockley for Col U blew the west stand kisses after being booed for continued dissent.

Goater's two goals were good, especially the second, getting on the end of a Bentley pass (Bentley motions Goater to come nearer then sends a precise high ball in), especially after the fans around me were getting on his back for being off the pace.

Maher was excellent as always, Barrett went on may surging runs forward which when it worked was good, but when it didnt lead to the Col U goal. The three defenders left were caught out 1-1.

Highlight of the game for me was Cole's goal, getting on the end of a punt forward before running with pace, holding off a defender to bury the ball.

Oh and we could have score loads more, Guttridge's missed header, Lawsons scuffed shot but pass to Bentley who then missed etc. I know its could've, should've, would've, but Freddie would have tore them apart.

Can we play them every week?  
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Aug. 29 2005,14:31)]Barrett went on many surging runs forward which when it worked was good, but when it didnt lead to the Col U goal. The three defenders left were caught out 1-1.

as entertaining as they are to watch, for me Barrett needs to cut this out as it also cost us dear against Saints.

9 times out of 10 Barrett gets disposessed and at this level we are more likely to get punished on the break.

I agree with that, Barrett's a bit over ambitious at times. I appreciate he wants to do well but he has to remember that he's a defender.

As for the game, f*cking class!
biggrin.gif
Good all round team performance, the effort and the comittment you'd expect from a local derby was certainly there. All 3 goals were taken well and we could have scored more, god knows how Guttridge missed and Goater could've easily had a hat trick, whereeas they only had a couple of chances and Flahavan made yet another superb save (1 a game at the moment). Cole took his goal well but apart from that he didn't do much.

My man of the match is Guttridge. He gave 100% and was constantly snapping at the heels of the scummers. Unfortunately he somehow missed a header from about 2 yards but he deserved the goal for his effort. I thought Edwards was superb too and Bentley did well when he came on. No one had a particularly bad game.

Good crowd today, Col U fans were an embarassment as ever
laugh.gif
What happened at the end when Cockley, sorry Stockley, had that thrown in? Oh, and why did they have Freddy Flintoff in goal?
laugh.gif

ONE TEAM IN ESSEX!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ Aug. 29 2005,14:44)]IGood crowd today, Col U fans were an embarassment as ever
laugh.gif
 What happened at the end when Cockley, sorry Stockley, had that thrown in?
Couldnt see from way down in the South West, but everyone got to their feet, there was a big rush of Stewards and the ref came over and stopped play.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Aug. 29 2005,14:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ Aug. 29 2005,14:44)]IGood crowd today, Col U fans were an embarassment as ever
laugh.gif
Couldnt see from way down in the South West, but everyone got to their feet, there was a big rush of Stewards and the ref came over and stopped play.
I was sat in Block S n all I saw was about 10 Stewards legging it down the side of the pitch.

[b said:
[b said:
laugh.gif
some old bloke was giving abuse to Stockley and he ALLEGEDLY spat at the fan, but the ref and lino didn't see it.

I know one of the West Stand stewards and he said they will be reporting it

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Aug. 29 2005,15:07)]
[b said:
[b said:
laugh.gif
some old bloke was giving abuse to Stockley and he ALLEGEDLY spat at the fan, but the ref and lino didn't see it.

I know one of the West Stand stewards and he said they will be reporting it
Lets hope whoever was recording the game for BluesWorld caught the incident on camera.

Back