• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

palexander

Life President
Just listened to PS interview from last night...

* Mohsni's 'whole demeanour' is not right.
* Has been internally disciplined financially and told to 'get help' after the Orient game.
* Ramadan having a big affect on him (so leave him out completely).
* Decision to play him 'backfired', though Coughlan was spent and change needed to be made.
* His passion has rubbed off on other players and fans, but he has 'let himself down'
* Sturrock says he is 'on his last chance' with the club

Pretty strong stuff all round.

I'd assume from that he will be left out completely Saturday? I've said earlier today that he shouldnt play at all for us until Ramadan is over as he is obviously not 100% physically or mentally (he just simply cant be!).

So Saturday, I'd perhaps go with Prosser CB and Gilbert LB? Cant expect Coughlan to play 90 mins again and proved last night its no good having to sub your CB after an hour. Set up with the intention of them seeing out 90.

Just listened to PS interview from last night...

* Mohsni's 'whole demeanour' is not right.
* Has been internally disciplined financially and told to 'get help' after the Orient game.
* Ramadan having a big affect on him (so leave him out completely).
* Decision to play him 'backfired', though Coughlan was spent and change needed to be made.
* His passion has rubbed off on other players and fans, but he has 'let himself down'
* Sturrock says he is 'on his last chance' with the club

Pretty strong stuff all round.

I'd assume from that he will be left out completely Saturday? I've said earlier today that he shouldnt play at all for us until Ramadan is over as he is obviously not 100% physically or mentally (he just simply cant be!).

So Saturday, I'd perhaps go with Prosser CB and Gilbert LB? Cant expect Coughlan to play 90 mins again and proved last night its no good having to sub your CB after an hour. Set up with the intention of them seeing out 90.

Agree, leave him out. However we shouldn't be telling him to get help, we should be sorting it out for him. It's in our interest to have a more stable Bilel.

There are a number of options re the defence for Saturday, besides bringing in Gilbert. Could Leonard play LB? And if we're not sending N'Diaye back should we be trying him out at CB in training, I believe he has played there before.
EDIT: Of course this is assuming Phillips isn't back. If Phillips plays, problem solved.

The Club have a responsibility to get Mohsni help... Would he know where to start?! People with anger management issues often need to be shown help and how to help themselves. Whatever, if anything, has been in place has not worked. Time for the club to call in a pro.

I imagine the whole "telling him to get help" is just a turn of phrase and of course the club will be instigating it on his behalf.

I think they just mean he needs to be receptive to getting some psychological help - be open to it etc.

The bloke has become a complete liability.

You cannot help but love his infectious "passion" for the game. But, he needs to be kept well away for several weeks at least in my opinion.

I don't get this complete liability thing. He made a mistake yesterday, OK fine, but all players do that, and you could see that he was absolutely gutted about it. (fair play to NH as well for telling him not to worry). But I don't see where else it's come from. He was fine against Hereford, did well against Orient, and probably didn't deserve the booking he got in that game, and he didn't play against Accrington.

I don't get this complete liability thing. He made a mistake yesterday, OK fine, but all players do that, and you could see that he was absolutely gutted about it. (fair play to NH as well for telling him not to worry). But I don't see where else it's come from. He was fine against Hereford, did well against Orient, and probably didn't deserve the booking he got in that game, and he didn't play against Accrington.

well said. the usual Zone hysteria has kicked in very early this year. he is a young lad, new into the professional game in a foreign country. it is a weird thing in this country in that we seem to love to seek to find one individual in a team, build them up to be something they are not and then start to attack them as soon as they show that, actually, they are not the new Pele after all.

games are not one and lost by one player, it is done by a team.

If luggy knew he was a liability and coughlan couldn't last the full 90 why didn't be either bring Leonard on or put Gilbert on the bench.

I dont think anyone is really questioning the blokes performances. It's off the pitch that seems to be causing problems:

As Sturrock said:

"His whole demeanour at this minute in time is something I'm going to have to look into. "He has been internally disciplined for the fracas the other night. We are going to have to sort something out."
"His actions have let himself down, anyone would feel that this is his last opportunity."

Let's hope he get's the right help, whatever that may be. There is a very, very talented player there. IF he can sort his head out.

The Club have a responsibility to get Mohsni help... Would he know where to start?! People with anger management issues often need to be shown help and how to help themselves. Whatever, if anything, has been in place has not worked. Time for the club to call in a pro.

Sturrock said in his BBC Essex interview post game,
"We're gonna have to sort something out as far as getting him help of some sort."

I think Sturrock and the club will be helping him sort himself out as it is in their interest as well as Mohsni.

Maybe we should all hold up posters of cute animals, that will help calm him down.

cute-kitten-baby-ducks.jpg

The bloke has become a complete liability.

You cannot help but love his infectious "passion" for the game. But, he needs to be kept well away for several weeks at least in my opinion.
What he said. Hopefully once Ramadan is over Bilel will be able to settle back into a normal daily pattern and calm down sufficiently.

Sending him down the Kursaal Estate ain't going to help matters.

I think Mohsni should have started last night... We might have won some headers at the back.
He came on when we were being torn apart. He made a mistake for the penalty, but made an awesome interception with his long legs at one point.

I cant believe some of the stuff I'm reading on here about him being a liability... he simply cannot take the blame for last night. I'd rather have 10 Mohsnis than anonymous frightened Jemal Johnsons..

If you saw him away at Accrington last season, you would see him as a liablity, reckless tackling, lack of football intelligence, a childish tantrum after he gave away a penalty, that led to a second yellow and a deserved red card.
Seemingly nothing has changed.

Once mohsni settled last night he was fine, unfortunately he didnt have the luxury of settling before he had to make a big decision/tackle, it wasnt petulance or being rubbish he just wasnt up to speed, should have started and then there number 23 wouldnt have dominated in the air so much. Lets support the lad and show some patience he will come good

Back