• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southchurch

Manager⭐
So as far as I can see no one paid any money for Mohsni
This means he is still a Southend player and under contract for 1 year.
We were offered £150 000 from West Ham and turned it down.
I would imagine we thought that offer would be improved upon but sadly it wasn't.
I have not heard any thing from the Celtic angle, so what do we do with him now.
The window is closed so we can't sell him till January when it re-opens.
We can now only send him out on loan or cancel his contract by mutual consent.
PS has said he can't come back and the player himself has said the same.
I did think West Ham were ripping the p--ss with an offer like that but now every ones
gutted we didn't snap their hands off for it.
I guess we could do a player exchange loan deal.
It's all a mess for sure.

Last edited:
Starting to think if West Ham offered anything like a six figure sum we should have taken it and moved on. Sometimes a bird in the hand etc etc and I think we run the risk of just having to cancel his contract or take a massively reduced "nominal" type fee for a player that until he had his latest strop would have generated some real interest.

As for Moshni apparently he is back in France so not quite sure what has happened with the Celtic trial. There was talk of alot of clubs stiffing around for a loan move for him. This could be of big benefit to us!!!

When the loan window opens if he gets shipped out and puts in the performances we know he is capable of this could potentially earn us a windfall in January from clubs looking to snap him up. I just hope we don't get ripped off over the price tag due to the current situation involving him

As for Moshni apparently he is back in France so not quite sure what has happened with the Celtic trial. There was talk of alot of clubs stiffing around for a loan move for him. This could be of big benefit to us!!!

When the loan window opens if he gets shipped out and puts in the performances we know he is capable of this could potentially earn us a windfall in January from clubs looking to snap him up. I just hope we don't get ripped off over the price tag due to the current situation involving him

They must REALLY like him!

Ryan Hall is in a similar (but not quite as drastic) situation as Mohsni.Apparently terms were agreed with Blackpool 5 minutes before the deadline,but too late for the paperwork to go through.Sadly,Ryan's performances so far this season have indicated he wants away.

So as far as I can see no one paid any money for Mohsni
This means he is still a Southend player and under contract for 1 year.
We were offered £150 000 from West Ham and turned it down.
I would imagine we thought that offer would be improved upon but sadly it wasn't.
I have not heard any thing from the Celtic angle, so what do we do with him now.
The window is closed so we can't sell him till January when it re-opens.
We can now only send him out on loan or cancel his contract by mutual consent.
PS has said he can't come back and the player himself has said the same.
I did think West Ham were ripping the p--ss with an offer like that but now every ones
gutted we didn't snap their hands off for it.
I guess we could do a player exchange loan deal.
It's all a mess for sure.

If we had taken the first offer we got (no one knew at that stage it would be the only offer) the club would have been blasted for taking such a low offer. There on loads of posts here that back this up

If we had taken £150,000 would this have put us in a worse position when negotiating Hall and Ferdinand ? I think there are two sides to this .Blackpools 1st offer clearly took the xxxx. Was this because Moshni had not gone and they knew we needed the cash. Then again if we had of taken £150,000 for Moshni would this have led them to believe that we will take anything for our players ?

Good points "United We Stand"; there are loads of players out there and the loan system etc so there is little point in getting despondent over things that have already happened. The Moshni and Hall issues are still on going and need sorting now and in the near future. Both should be at the club and training and getting in the squad. The whole squad needs to pull together and recognise that the future is the thing to work for. Bilel and Ryan's best hope for getting a Championship move is to find their form and get a loan with sale clause in the next window; if the loan club have a player for free with paid wages coming our way then that is better. There is NO point in sulking for any of us or them.

Ryan Hall is in a similar (but not quite as drastic) situation as Mohsni.Apparently terms were agreed with Blackpool 5 minutes before the deadline,but too late for the paperwork to go through.Sadly,Ryan's performances so far this season have indicated he wants away.

In my opinion it serves both clubs and the player right. They all knew when the window was going to close. If they couldn't agree everything in time then frankly it will teach them all a lesson about the art of negotiation.

As his employer we should insist he returns & trains, even if thats on his own. If he refuses then fine him, wages saved..:smile:

Quite right he is under contract with Southend. We were the ones who took him from park Football in France if he had any decency he would carry on playing for Southend until he gets a move.

I'd rather him sit in the stands all season that let h go out on loan. It means he's won and him chucking his dummy out of the pram has worked. Even if we miss out on the money for him so be it I'd rather tht get barely anything for him in January and him playing elsewhere for one one lse ll season on loan.

Make him play & if he refuses, sack him & what we'll save in wages, will be the same as what we would get for him in a transfer fee. If he plays, he won't do anything by half measures as usual & will benefit us!

We arent going to sell him for anything now, Id cancel his contract for breaching it.

How much are we paying him per week? Money we could do without paying.

Another game today where Bilel and Hallsy could have filled their boots and shown their stuff to Championship clubs. Get them back to the club, call a team meeting and get it sorted! yesterday!

If Bilel actually getting paid though because surely he would be in breach of contract for refusing to return?

If Bilel actually getting paid though because surely he would be in breach of contract for refusing to return?

Has he been told to return, even if it is purely for training,(and if training alone means he doesnt upset the team, then so be it), and he is refusing, or has he been told to take "gardening leave"?
If he is refusing to return for at least training, then he should be fined his wages for each week he isnt here.
SUFC should keep his contract until at least the January window (even if he is in breach/being fined wages) in the hope we can get something to recoup what he has been paid thus far.
Being under contract, and without wages will surely hit him hard, and without consent of SUFC, he'd not be able to play/sign for another club until his contract expired.

90% of the fans don't want him back, Sturrock doesn't want him back, THE TEAM don't want him back. BILEL ISN'T COMING BACK. We look more of a team without him and Bilel isn't important enough to bring back and ruin that. I was a fan but he's gone a step too far this time.

Back