• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The player has 2 choices IMO; give 110% and silence the abusers, or, accept the tirade of crap thrown at him, lose heart and will ....await a transfer.

We're paying him (and the club) good money...we expect ALL players to give their all for the shirt..if they keep their side of the bargain the least we can do is back them heart and soul. :thumbsup:

Definitely do do not agree with booing and shouting abuse at our players, especially as they are going onto the pitch as a sub. Where do we stop, shall we start booing the team onto the pitch at the start! The team do play better away, but then the away support do get BEHIND the team and carry on cheering, albeit sometimes with sarcastic remarks( usually in comical chants ie let's make out we have scored a goal at Port Vale).
Lets get behind the team, who knows if we all pull together and with a few new faces we will begin climbing the table.

I can't see how booing makes anyone play better, so why do it before he starts???

Its worse than that, someone in the East was shouting comments to Anton Ferdinand who was sitting with his family in the Directors box.

Couldn't hear it all properly but it was things like "Bet you not impressed Anton". Well your right he was not impressed at all.

Is it any wonder some family members don't come to RH. If the dressing room is lost it won't be just PB to blame.

That sort of thing gets back to potential signings and guess what.......... they go elsewhere! Players will not sign for clubs if they think they are going to be treated like s**t even before they get on the pitch!

That sort of thing gets back to potential signings and guess what.......... they go elsewhere! Players will not sign for clubs if they think they are going to be treated like s**t even before they get on the pitch!

Exactly right. And people are wondering why we've not made many signings over the Summer! I will keep saying that Roots Hall has an incredibly poisonous atmosphere at times.

Mooney has a family, two gorgeous little girls, I have no idea if they come along to games but, in common with the rest of them, I'd be telling any family I had to stay away if I was a player!

Exactly right. And people are wondering why we've not made many signings over the Summer! I will keep saying that Roots Hall has an incredibly poisonous atmosphere at times.

Mooney has a family, two gorgeous little girls, I have no idea if they come along to games but, in common with the rest of them, I'd be telling any family I had to stay away if I was a player!

David is a lovely guy but his style will like Wordsworth split the fans opinion of him, I noticed this a lot when they played for us. I know of at least one of your players who has a brother that is a pretty regular contributor on here, this player gets a lot of unfair flack from Southend fans, how must he feel seeing that being said about his brother.

I got treated by my friend to a seat in the East Stand yesterday,(I used to treat him) as can't afford my season ticket at the moment. Blimey. More moaners there than anywhere in the ground. After going a goal down, instead of getting behind the team, there was loads of shouts to PB, ''F-OFF NOW BROWN.'' ''DO SOMETHING BROWN.'' ''GET O'NEIL OFF BROWN.'' It went on and on for the rest of the game from lots of parts of the East Stand. I felt embarrassed for the injured players, players families, our new signing and our substitutes to hear that sort of stuff.

Because taking 16 points out of 66 in 2016 clearly shows a team heading in an upward direction doesn't it, it's not like it's one loss and we all turn and as for loyalty don't get me started brown can't wait to jump ship with the first date who shows interest so why are you guys expecting us to back the manager and he's poor signings when we clearly are in a very dangerous situation. It's relegation form and it shows no sign of improving.

Because taking 16 points out of 66 in 2016 clearly shows a team heading in an upward direction doesn't it, it's not like it's one loss and we all turn and as for loyalty don't get me started brown can't wait to jump ship with the first date who shows interest so why are you guys expecting us to back the manager and he's poor signings when we clearly are in a very dangerous situation. It's relegation form and it shows no sign of improving.

Just remember getting rid of Brown would cost the club a lot of money in compensation. Where would that leave us regarding players wages, paying Inland Revenue, getting in players?

Just remember getting rid of Brown would cost the club a lot of money in compensation. Where would that leave us regarding players wages, paying Inland Revenue, getting in players?

That isnt a defence.

You cant just keep a manager because its expensive to get rid of him, we could end up in the bottom tier for another 5 years.

We probably wouldnt have to pay his full contract anyway there will be break clauses.

That isnt a defence.

You cant just keep a manager because its expensive to get rid of him, we could end up in the bottom tier for another 5 years.

We probably wouldnt have to pay his full contract anyway there will be break clauses.

Off topic, there is a HUGE thread for PB stuff. Can a Mod move the last few post please.
This thread is about Mooney.

I was talking about the families of the players and staff who don't attend. Besides I know plenty of people who gave up a season ticket because of the " I've paid my money I'm entitled too" brigade. Guess what so have we and we are entitled to call you exactly what you are, utter ignorant .....
Do me a favour you flannel. If you find 'bet you're not impressed' an insult you are a tart. You are a tart, get a grip.

So Mooney got benched, then he gets some boos when he is going to come on..........
Then he raises his game and does put some in some positives.
Does this not suggest that he is more motivated when he gets a "hair drier" treatment rather than soft cuddles?

I recall a few players who were poor until they got kicked - Scammell especially; motivation, man management isn't a one fits all thing.

The sad reality is that there's a (very audible) portion of our 'support' who are nothing of the sort. It has been that way for years.

The effects on the players are well documented, including stories of serious consideration being given to issuing earplugs to some of the younger guys. It would take a spectacular degree of ignorance for those jeering to earnestly believe that they're doing anything other than acting as the twelfth man for the opposition and compounding any confidence issues on our side. But for some it really isn't about helping our side do better, is it? There's a choice to be made between getting behind the team even when it's difficult, for the common good, or using every setback as an opportunity to fulfil a selfish desire to outlet anger. The latter choice is a rejection of any sort of attempt to play ones part in making things better.

Our away support, in contrast, is an unmitigated credit to the club. Sing up, ladies and gents, because for as long as we're fighting in a tough division the cancer contingent are going to be right in their element at Roots Hall and we're going to need you.

So Mooney got benched, then he gets some boos when he is going to come on..........
Then he raises his game and does put some in some positives.
Does this not suggest that he is more motivated when he gets a "hair drier" treatment rather than soft cuddles?

I recall a few players who were poor until they got kicked - Scammell especially; motivation, man management isn't a one fits all thing.

I thought it was a pretty typical Mooney performance, he does those sort of flick ons every match, it was just more noticeable because it was only sort of threat we produced all match. Plus he didn't get to have a shot because we were so poor, so the crowd couldn't get on his back for missing.

The sad reality is that there's a (very audible) portion of our 'support' who are nothing of the sort. It has been that way for years.

Our away support, in contrast, is an unmitigated credit to the club. Sing up, ladies and gents, because for as long as we're fighting in a tough division the cancer contingent are going to be right in their element at Roots Hall and we're going to need you.

I have to take issue with parts of this, the away support.........often very good but when the chips are down, like at Port Vale with the "brown for England" stuff or the drunk abusing Bentley before kick off at Scunny (when we were on another poor run), or racial slurs at Daggers towards Straker, well, the same people are involved too often - the same, to use your term "cancer contingent".

Do me a favour you flannel. If you find 'bet you're not impressed' an insult you are a tart. You are a tart, get a grip.

I wasn't listening to the other comments but the abuse as others have said was constant. His name was mentioned several times. How proud you must be

Judging by your previous posts about Brown I guess your one of the mob who 'bravely' abuse from the safety of your seat.

Back