• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I wasn't listening to the other comments but the abuse as others have said was constant. His name was mentioned several times. How proud you must be

Judging by your previous posts about Brown I guess your one of the mob who 'bravely' abuse from the safety of your seat.

I'd happily tell Brown to his face

I'd happily tell Brown to his face

Sadly he doesn't come anywhere near the South Upper, nor the West for that matter, so you may want to buy a megaphone to deliver your Webbygram. Either that or buy an East Stand ticket, but that is probably too drastic.

I can honestly say I never have or would boo any of our players before during or after a game, I will always applaud them off the pitch regardless of the result, yesterday was the first time I didn't bother, I didn't think anyone deserved it and to be honest I contemplated leaving early, I was bored!

Sadly he doesn't come anywhere near the South Upper, nor the West for that matter, so you may want to buy a megaphone to deliver your Webbygram. Either that or buy an East Stand ticket, but that is probably too drastic.

I have an East stand ticket for the Brighton match. I'd happily tell him what I think but don't want to shout it out, I'd really rather tell him face to face. I'd like to mention Prosser, Bolger etc too, his unhealthy interest in Bolton and the lack of signings as well as his terrible tactics and misuse of players

I have an East stand ticket for the Brighton match. I'd happily tell him what I think but don't want to shout it out, I'd really rather tell him face to face. I'd like to mention Prosser, Bolger etc too, his unhealthy interest in Bolton and the lack of signings as well as his terrible tactics and misuse of players

But of course you won't.

Because taking 16 points out of 66 in 2016 clearly shows a team heading in an upward direction doesn't it, it's not like it's one loss and we all turn and as for loyalty don't get me started brown can't wait to jump ship with the first date who shows interest so why are you guys expecting us to back the manager and he's poor signings when we clearly are in a very dangerous situation. It's relegation form and it shows no sign of improving.
Are you posting on the wrong thread? I think it's time Brown went as well but that has nothing to do with the treatment of players during the match and doesn't justify abusing them.

Just because people don't think it's productive to boo players throughout the game doesn't mean they back Brown. We are in a potentially dangerous situation so support the players instead of making the situation even worse by abusing them.

If I got the chance I would yes and id want answers

You haven't come up with a sensible question yet.

You have spent all summer trolling every thread with your anti PB agenda. Still bitter about our win at Wembley.

Last edited:
And still has him in his signature. There's very few people on here I think would actually "tell him to his face", Phil is a very disarming bloke in the flesh.

Doesn't matter what my signature is and no matter how disarming you say PB is, it wouldn't stop me questioning him

How many more times? He was never going to Bolton.

Well done you ... Carry on booing ! Very lucky to have people like you in the ground. We all have our own opinions , my opinion remains the same , BOOING Southend players during games is disgraceful ! I've felt the same since I was an 8 year old on the terraces back in 1986 to date and I've seen some manure down at the hall. But I'm a supporter , so I support. Each to their own though eh .

Utb's

I don't advocate booing any player during the game, and was as ****ed off as anyone with the treatment of Mooney before he even came on. (See match thread for evidence).

However MG (rightly) takes issue with someone saying Mooney doesn't always give 100% every game, and gets dogs abuse. :sad: Take a long hard look at yourself, whether you're giving abuse at Roots Hall or on Shrimperzone, your as bad as MG (apparently). This is the right place to air concerns about how the team, if you don't like it go support Man City, their forum will be buzzing with positivity.

Last edited:
I don't advocate booing any player during the game, and was as ****ed off as anyone with the treatment of Mooney before he even came on. (See match thread for evidence).

However MG (rightly) takes issue with someone saying Mooney gives 100% every game, and gets dogs abuse. :sad: Take a long hard look at yourself, whether you're giving abuse at Roots Hall or on Shrimperzone, your as bad as MG (apparently). This is the right place to air concerns about how the team, if you don't like it go support Man City, their forum will be buzzing with positivity.

What are you talking about ??? How dare you question my support of Southend ... I am purely condoning booing of players during the game. I air views , in the ground and on here, I am a realistic supporter of Southend Utd. I don't abuse, I look for answers. If you read other threads I respect people's view, even if they differ from my own.

What are you talking about ??? How dare you question my support of Southend ... I am purely condoning booing of players during the game. I air views , in the ground and on here, I am a realistic supporter of Southend Utd. I don't abuse, I look for answers. If you read other threads I respect people's view, even if they differ from my own.

I apologise, I've obviously made a big mistake by using your quote (had too much to drink sorry), MG was getting abuse for suggesting Mooney doesn't always give 100%, which I was agreeing with. I also agree with you 100% about the booing of players during the game, completely uncalled for, I certainly didn't mean to question your support.

Sorry for any offence caused :sad:.

This is hilarious. I'd love to see how some of these people advocating a negative to create a positive reaction go about their daily routine.

"Dad, I've got my maths test today"
"YOU'RE SO ****, WHY DON'T YOU JUST **** OFF, YOU FAILED LAST TIME YOU'LL ALWAYS FAIL YOU LITTLE ****"
"I'm stoked now. Watch me ace this one, thanks for the pep talk!"

This is hilarious. I'd love to see how some of these people advocating a negative to create a positive reaction go about their daily routine.

"Dad, I've got my maths test today"
"YOU'RE SO ****, WHY DON'T YOU JUST **** OFF, YOU FAILED LAST TIME YOU'LL ALWAYS FAIL YOU LITTLE ****"
"I'm stoked now. Watch me ace this one, thanks for the pep talk!"

An interesting and off field take on the situation. I suggest that some players do respond to getting "a rocket"; and evidence of this is common place when ex players return and get the abuse BUT use it to up their game in a "I'll show you" manner. The irony is, with Revell for example, the boo boys got on his back when he was with us but it didn't spur him on visably while he was here, but did when he returned!...................or have I just crushed my own hypothesis?:unsure:

An interesting and off field take on the situation. I suggest that some players do respond to getting "a rocket"; and evidence of this is common place when ex players return and get the abuse BUT use it to up their game in a "I'll show you" manner. The irony is, with Revell for example, the boo boys got on his back when he was with us but it didn't spur him on visably while he was here, but did when he returned!...................or have I just crushed my own hypothesis?:unsure:

Exactly. Using my example, if your old man has been a prick to you for your whole life when you end up seeing him years in the future he doesn't need to know everything but you're going to go all out to show him how much better you are than what he thinks and humble him.

I'm not going to change people's opinion but I do just find it funny that for some reason because you've paid money you can basically bully someone.

Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 18.56.01.jpg

So here's the Cognitive Behavioural Cycle. Throw a crowd of angry, spiteful men shrieking abuse into this.

Thought: **** me, they really think I'm ****.
Emotions: What's the point? Even if I put in a shift they'll just say I'll be **** next time
Behaviour: A player trudging about trying to do things, but more going through the motions.

So then the crowd boos some more and the cycle starts again.

I'm not trying to paint David Mooney as a superstar who just needs positive reinforcement to become a world beater, he's a bang average lower league player. But the fact that he came here with a reputation as being a bit crap has hindered him from the get go and may be knocking 25% off his play, who knows? But shut the fans up. Applaud him on, shout "come on Dave", shout "chin up mate - it'll work next time" when he's just missed a long ball he'll feel better and could spur him on to actually try and gain more positivity and give him a buzz when he gives the fans something to cheer.

Keep kicking the man isn't going to help anyone. Even the boo boys get more depressed, they get it off their chest but then the environment becomes more hostile and the negativity has breeded more negativity, thus the circle continues.

Problem is now, we've got a cycle and breaking it requires several thousand people to just give it up and give being positive a try.

Yeah right, that's going to happen.

Peace out.

Playing away from home and the crowd giving you stick is not as off putting as playing at home and your own fans abusing you.

Anyone who abuses a one of our subs before he even comes on can never be called a fan. The only reason they do it is because the player or manager can't answer back. We all know they are sad little people with sad little lives who feel a bit better about themselves once the have shouted abuse from the safety of the seat.

Back