• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

yogi bear up the cagire

Life President⭐
Another offering from 'Clarke one nil'

http://clarkeonenil.co.uk/front-pag...diff-city-southampton-southend-united-england

Whether or whether not people believe that this correspondent has a vendetta against us........It doesn't stop me from believing that he spouts a lot of crap, which he writes with a spiteful invective that displays little sympathy for our club (perhaps it was those 1-0 defeats at Roots Hall?!)........but there again he is entitled to his opinion.

The second article is a bit more balanced and interesting.......particularly for the info that Barnard went for a seven figure sum???

http://www.adifferentleague.co.uk/p6_1_3962_southend-united-out-of-the-courts-but-for-how-long.html

It should also be noted that our transfer embargo was lifted 'after our agreement with the HMRC' ??

Another offering from 'Clarke one nil'

http://clarkeonenil.co.uk/front-pag...diff-city-southampton-southend-united-england

Whether or whether not people believe that this correspondent has a vendetta against us........It doesn't stop me from believing that he spouts a lot of crap, which he writes with a spiteful invective that displays little sympathy for our club (perhaps it was those 1-0 defeats at Roots Hall?!)........but there again he is entitled to his opinion.

The second article is a bit more balanced and interesting.......particularly for the info that Barnard went for a seven figure sum???

http://www.adifferentleague.co.uk/p6_1_3962_southend-united-out-of-the-courts-but-for-how-long.html

It should also be noted that our transfer embargo was lifted 'after our agreement with the HMRC' ??

Another example of a Leeds fan with over inflated ego and belief that they are still in the big time...

I believe Barnard went for a much bigger fee than was generally suggested (but still not a seven-figure sum).

I believe his fee has increased from the initial fee (and is still increasing), based on the number of goals/appearances he has scored/made and will score/make.

I believe Barnard went for a much bigger fee than was generally suggested (but still not a seven-figure sum).

I dont, if he had gone for a decent amount we would have publicised it.

If you are going to let your best player go you would want to show that it was worthwhile, and £175,000 wasnt enough to make it sound like a good deal.

Also believe that Collymore was our record sale as well, not Eastwood !!

I think we voted against Leeds when there was the vote on whether they should have (more?) points deducted.

I won't bother to give his web-site the extra viewing figures by clicking on the link, but having read some of his previous pieces I've got a fair idea of the claptrap that it will be.

As for the second article Barnard might have been signed for a million pounds (£100,000 transfer fee, another £100,000 as a signing-on fee and a 2.5 year contract at £6k a week would do it), but he wasn't sold for it.

I dont, if he had gone for a decent amount we would have publicised it.

If you are going to let your best player go you would want to show that it was worthwhile, and £175,000 wasnt enough to make it sound like a good deal.

I couldn't possibly speculate on the reasons for them not wishing to publicise the precise amount of the fee received. Well I could actually, but I'm not going to here!

I believe his fee has increased from the initial fee (and is still increasing), based on the number of goals/appearances he has scored/made and will score/make.

I believe you're right, but I also believe that the initial fee was higher than stated in many places.

Seven fgures probably represents someone's back of a fag packet guess as to how much the entire package will be.

My guess (and it is a guess) is that the transfer fee for Barnard consisted of:
- £175k up front - I like others don't belive that is the total sum of the basic fee, therefore
- further installments paid in, say, quarterly or monthly amounts - perhaps £10/20k per month for 12 months
- Appearances / goalscoring bonus money
- Promotion-related bonus within next 12/24 months
- Sell-on clause (I believe we got 20-25% for Hooper - would imagine we got something similar for Barney

Reckon it's not difficult for someone to guestimate that the entire amount is probably north of £1m.

I think he said "Deluded and ignorant" which might sum up a few of our fans, but the rest is all garbage.

P.S. dont bother to post a response, he deletes them all.....

Back