• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I never said it did, re-read my post. I said IN MY OPINION it probably cost us promotion. Never underestimate the value of a happy and together playing staff, teams simply aren't successful without it.
I agree that a good team morale is very important as this season has shown at times, however there have been times where we have been crying out for the talent of mohsni to change the game like he did so often. I can see exactly where you're coming from but I would say it seem his ability is often overlooked when people think of the effect he had on our season.

If he was good why was he let go ?

My influence extends as far as gobbing off on this board. They didn't consult me. Maybe Sturrock thought that Straker would be an improvement, and maybe he will be eventually. He certainly appeared to be a better attacking option than Gilbert when he was signed, but not yet...

If he was good why was he let go ?

1. £££ - we're reducing wages. Most of those July/August 2010 signings have been moved on. We've gone from having lots of players with league one experience to players who are more accustomed to league two wages. Easton was a good player (I'm guessing people would rather him than Spicer), but not at that price.
2. Team spirit. Those causing friction in the dressing room have been systematically cleared out - Mohsni, Hall, Ferdinand, Dickinson, Gilbert.
3. His card was marked on the terraces. He would always be under pressure at home games and that's hard on a player's confidence.
4. We've gone in a different direction with his replacement, as Straker is far more attacking.

Does anyone understand how the Financial fair play wage cap wotks in terms on Moshnis situation . I know that we fine him the same amount as his wages , and therefore we don't actually pay him . But from an accounting perpsective he is still on the wage bill. So in terms of our wage cap does having Moshni on the books make any difference ?

Does anyone understand how the Financial fair play wage cap wotks in terms on Moshnis situation . I know that we fine him the same amount as his wages , and therefore we don't actually pay him . But from an accounting perpsective he is still on the wage bill. So in terms of our wage cap does having Moshni on the books make any difference ?
from what you have just said - he is staff so he counts in the wag cap. If clubs could skirt round the cap by fining players the PFA would rightly go mental

From the BBC website -

BBC Three Counties Radio sports editor Geoff Doyle has spoken to Stevenage boss Gary Smith, who confirms Southend's wantaway defender Bilel Mohsni is training with them. But no deal is done as yet.

Mohsni is a curious fellow. He can play almost anywhere on the pitch and loves to score a goal. But he has been known to throw the odd strop here and there and has twice walked away from games to get a train home. But, then, to be fair to Mohsni, the trains wait for no man and when you've got to go home, you've got to go home.

from what you have just said - he is staff so he counts in the wag cap. If clubs could skirt round the cap by fining players the PFA would rightly go mental

How many WAG's does a professional football player need? The cost of fake tan alone would be crippling :stunned:

I'm no fashion designer , but surely you can't put a skirt around a cap , it would look ridiculous !

Stevenage have just signed Ben Chorley (the centre-back who Bilel supposedly went at with a pair of scissors). That'll be an interesting meeting if Bilel is there... :Scared2:

Mohsni was just on SSN. He had been trialling at Forest but with McLeish being sacked he turned up this morning and was told to go home! The reporter did a 'Arry Redknapp style interview through the window of Bilel's Merc. Apparently he's off home and waiting to see if the trial will continue.

Seemed pretty happy for a complete ****.

Mohsni was just on SSN. He had been trialling at Forest but with McLeish being sacked he turned up this morning and was told to go home! The reporter did a 'Arry Redknapp style interview through the window of Bilel's Merc. Apparently he's off home and waiting to see if the trial will continue.

Seemed pretty happy for a complete ****.

Just made a thread in ex shrimpers about this. Did you notice the spelling error? Bilet Mohsni.

I for one would welcome Mohsni back , if he turned up for training , was man enough to stand in front of all the players and manager and sincerely apologise for his behavior, and the players and manager were willing to give him another opportunity,then im sure i could also.

I for one would welcome Mohsni back , if he turned up for training , was man enough to stand in front of all the players and manager and sincerely apologise for his behavior, and the players and manager were willing to give him another opportunity,then im sure i could also.

Too many if's, he best off staying away

Considering our current injury and suspension problem, it's madness that something hasn't been sorted out for Mohsni to return to the squad until the end of the season. It's clearly what both parties need at this stage.

Back