• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

On the other hand he did win us a number of games and points by being the player he was, which ment we got close to promotion, ask yourself how close we would have been without him, by the way i do not condone his actions in fact imo he should have been thrown out of the club.

How close would we have got without him? We'd be playing in L1 now I would say. He cost us more points than he won IMHO.

Am I reading this wrong or is that not a big contradiction ??

How is that a contradiction? Its my opinion that Mohsni's antics unsettled the squad enough to cost us promotion, certain players have already hinted at that subsequently too so this is NOT big news.

How is that a contradiction? Its my opinion that Mohsni's antics unsettled the squad enough to cost us promotion, certain players have already hinted at that subsequently too so this is NOT big news.

As I said , I may have read it wrong.
Which I did and stand corrected.

Like I said. I do not condone his behaviour towards our club and its fans AT ALL. I just hope that WE can get over our victim mentality. It doesn't add anything positive to us, just makes us look bitter and unable to deal with the behaviour of others without resorting to what amounts to be the same attitudes that some are despising Mohsni for. He HAS behaved appallingly, he IS the poorer for it, he IS considered very lowly by those who used to appreciate his unique gifts. BUT I hope he changes. I hope someone can get through where we haven't been able to (not for want of trying, but more likely for his inability to act on good advice).

It is never worth wishing the downfall of others. It actually speak more of weakness in our character. Lets move on, and see the Blues get out of this league and hopefully the forum will be filled with more positive and constructive postings celebrating our successes! COYB !
very well said, I agree with all of that

I heard yesterday that Moshni is planning on returning to training although he isn't expecting to play in any matches.
I guess he's skint and needs some cash. Will be interesting to see if it actually happens.......

Just because a few players have said he upset the squad morale does not mean we would have automatically got promotion without him. People seem to forget all too easily the amount of games he dragged us back into or won doing things we know only he could pull off at the time. I'm not saying I'd want him back because I wouldn't after all thats gone on but the excuse that 1 player ruined the team morale meaning a team professional footballers couldn't play as well as they could just seems like an easy excuse to make. He certainly didnt help matters at stages in the season but his goals and obvious talent were also a big part of what was so good about us last season, wish the guy well wherever he goes and will always remember his time here with fondness.

Just because a few players have said he upset the squad morale does not mean we would have automatically got promotion without him. People seem to forget all too easily the amount of games he dragged us back into or won doing things we know only he could pull off at the time. I'm not saying I'd want him back because I wouldn't after all thats gone on but the excuse that 1 player ruined the team morale meaning a team professional footballers couldn't play as well as they could just seems like an easy excuse to make. He certainly didnt help matters at stages in the season but his goals and obvious talent were also a big part of what was so good about us last season, wish the guy well wherever he goes and will always remember his time here with fondness.

I agree. I also think that we played our part in the negativity. People were happy to victimise Peter Gilbert when they favoured Moshni. He copped a lot of the fallout when there was conflict around the playing staff. Team morale is clearly better now, but something is lost when a maverick talent leaves. Pragmatism doesn't make you laugh out loud at a player kicking a ball, and I for one will miss that.

I agree. I also think that we played our part in the negativity. People were happy to victimise Peter Gilbert when they favoured Moshni. He copped a lot of the fallout when there was conflict around the playing staff. Team morale is clearly better now, but something is lost when a maverick talent leaves. Pragmatism doesn't make you laugh out loud at a player kicking a ball, and I for one will miss that.

More to do with the fact that Gilbert was one of the worst players to wear the shirt.

The best defensive left back in the league according to PS when he let him go and replaced him with Straker. TBH from what we have seen of Straker so far he could of let PG go and not bothered to replace him. Barker and Prosser more than adequate

Just because a few players have said he upset the squad morale does not mean we would have automatically got promotion without him.

I never said it did, re-read my post. I said IN MY OPINION it probably cost us promotion. Never underestimate the value of a happy and together playing staff, teams simply aren't successful without it.

More to do with the fact that Gilbert was one of the worst players to wear the shirt.

See that's just nasty, mcnasty. Left back...problem position. I was thinking more about the fact that Gilbert often seemed exasperated with Moshni, and he was probably justified. Actually, I reckon he was a good LB at this level :winking:

Back