• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Most disliked Blues player ever

DTS

The Business
Mine has to be Gordon Conelly...Cant even spell his name which goes to show the hate that I have for this bloke. If there was ever a player who cared less about wearing our beloved clubs shirt it was him. One good half summed up his career against Southend.

The bloke could never be bothered to run, his crosses were so poor he never beat the first man and he struck me as a real arrogant git.

So glad when he left and I deteste him so much dont that I dislike every Scottish Club that he plays for.

You ?

Phil Gridelet.

It takes many attributes to make it in the professional game. In addition to some technical ability, you must be able to either pass, shoot or head the ball extremely well (if only one of those is possible then you can get away with it if you're good enough, otherwise two or all three is required) and also fitness and a good attitude is essential.

Gridelet appeared to be fit and that's about all.

He is the one player who I am amazed ever became a pro.

Now, I'll take a stab at Matt the Shrimps most hated shrimper...

ooohhh...

let me see....

Jeroen Boere?

Barry Silkman, who thought he was far better than he actually was and surely a sign of desperation from manager Bobby Moore. As most of you know, he's now one of the most despised player's agent in the game at the moment :

Yakubu rumours are picking up pace with that glorious tosspiece Barry Silkman once again saying how Yak wants out. Yes, that is the Barry Silkman with no official connection to the player himself. You may well remember how he was chucked out of Fratton Park last May, and a spokesman later said of the incident; "Mr Silkman was caught inside the ground talking to Yakubu, who is NOT his client but represented by Pini Zahavi. He is not welcome at the club and never will be. It is also important to point out that Mr Silkman attempted to sell Yakubu to Middlesbrough in the summer behind the club's back." To be honest, I'd imagine Yakubu WILL go in the summer, but the "£6m to Everton" rumours that Silkman seems so desperate to fuel are just plain b******s.

Source : Fratton Faithful

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Suffolk Blue @ Jan. 15 2005,09:25)]I presume we're betting bar Jerome Boere!!!

Hated us almost as much as we hated him!!!
Apparently he didn't. Wasn't his supposed comment actually misquoted or something?

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Jan. 15 2005,09:27)]Apparently he didn't. Wasn't his supposed comment actually misquoted or something?

WS
I think McScriv mentioned something to that effect here on SZ a few weeks ago.

Myself, I never liked Danny Marney, who played for us on loan a couple of seasons back.

I hope its not Tony Scully by 5 o'clock this afternoon !

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Jan. 15 2005,08:46)]Barry Silkman, who thought he was far better than he actually was and surely a sign of desperation from manager Bobby Moore.
What I always remember though is it was because of Silkman that Richard Cadette (my favourite player) decided to join us. That's something to thank him for.

My least favourite player was actually Mike Marsh (await flak) as, despite a few nice touches and penalties, always gave me the impression that he was just here to make money and p*ss it up with his mate Ronnie. His usual on-pitch demeanour always made me feel that we fans should have been grateful that he had actually bothered to put a shirt on and leave the warmth of the dressing room.

I dont dislike any ex players really they all wore the Blue shirt...

Fav player Super Steve Tilson !! always gave 100 percent to our club and still does ...

but dont like its much when players leave n  sign for others clubs !! okay u slag of the ex manager... but when u slag of the supporters and is not very nice at all

Sorry My Vote goes to DAVID LEE

silly boy....

No Fear

And One Team In Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

[b said:
Quote[/b] (seenyeva kryevyetka @ Jan. 15 2005,10:27)]My least favourite player was actually Mike Marsh (await flak) as, despite a few nice touches and penalties, always gave me the impression that he was just here to make money and p*ss it up with his mate Ronnie. His usual on-pitch demeanour always made me feel that we fans should have been grateful that he had actually bothered to put a shirt on and leave the warmth of the dressing room.
Thing I didn't like about Marsh was that he took the insurance payout when he had to 'retire' through injury, but carried on playing at Conference level for a few years anyway.

Given how poor we were in the late 90s, he could still have easily turned out for us and been one of our better players.

Do I really have to say!  No, you all know who it is.  
smile.gif
 Much as I disliked him I am keeping an eye on the excellent clyde fc website to track his progress, check out the very good player profiles for some in action, sorry I mean inaction, photos of my hero.  <span style='color:blue'>Note for Leeboy/Napster they've got a sponsorship of the webprofiles going on £10 kids/£20 adults.  I'd defo be interested next season if you needed to raise funds for the site!  But the profiles would have to be as good as the clyde ones</span>

But I'm glad somebody else hated Mike Marsh.  He, for me eptomised the downward spiral we got into under Whelan by giving the minimum effort necessary to avoid abuse, he was unfortunately capable of so much more.  
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (seenyeva kryevyetka @ Jan. 15 2005,10:27)]My least favourite player was actually Mike Marsh (await flak) as, despite a few nice touches and penalties, always gave me the impression that he was just here to make money and p*ss it up with his mate Ronnie. His usual on-pitch demeanour always made me feel that we fans should have been grateful that he had actually bothered to put a shirt on and leave the warmth of the dressing room.
I&#39;ll go along with that one actually. Marsh was part of the &quot;drunken journeyman&quot; culture that almost brought this club to the brink of ruin (again) ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ Jan. 15 2005,11:30)]Great minds .......etc etc  
biggrin.gif
I'm going out for a drunken afternoon watching football now. Are you thinking of that?

WS

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Jan. 15 2005,11:32)]I&#39;m going out for a drunken afternoon watching football now. Are you thinking of that?
Might just be about to leave Maldon for the Spread&#33;
smile.gif
But in slightly different conditions I suspect as it&#39;s ****ing down here&#33;
sad.gif

Right where do i start!  There's too many to mention.
Here goes in no form of order!

Gordon Connelly - Utter waste of space (What a waster, what a f*****g waster)
Neil Tolson - Overated
Graeme Jones - They called him a striker, i begged to differ
Scott Houghton - How many times did he balloon the ball over the stand?
Mark Prudhoe - Need we say more
Carl Emberson - see above
David Whyte - see Graeme Jones
Phil Gridelet - Spent more time looking at the crowd and making sure his hair was in the right style
Dominic iawlful (iorfa)
Sada N'Diaye - 1 good goal at Plymouth
Eric Steele - See Ember's and Prudhoe
Chris Ramsay - Worst full back ever to play for the mighty blues
Duncan Jupp - Weaklink at the moment at SUFC
Mark Hone - Butthead lookalike
George Paris - Why did we ever sign him?
Alex Burns - Bad temperament, and a diver
Simon Livett - what was he good at other than some modest free kicks?
Nathan Jones - i always thought he was overated, silly attempts at stepovers were just silly
Peter Durson - Came on as sub at Q.P.R. away, (we might as well had played with 10 men, he was that poor). Never seen again.
Fransisco Cagigao - Crap Player with a silly name
Neville Southall - Never won a game while he was in goal!

UP THE BLUES!

Back