• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Most disliked Blues player ever

Gary Jones (apart from the awesome spell under Steve Thompson) - thought he was lazy and useless and he once mouthed FCUK OFF! at me during a game when I gave him some stick!

I cant say that I particuarly hate any players. I am disappointed by many, Constantine as a recent example. I have long had a dislike for the numerous club officials that time and time again failed to secure the services of many players long term and which we subsequently lost on a free for some other club to benefit by. Oh, Constantine again. When you look back there were loads of players who did not earn us their true value in the transfer market. I often wondered if there were back handers to the clubs top brass. Justin Edinburgh, Dean Austin, Brett Angell and even Spencer Prior are a few such examples.
Then there are strikers who cant hit a barn door, move on and become serious hit men. Rammell and Mooney spring to mind. We went for a long period where it seemed we were a strikers graveyard, they could not produce for us, but once gone they were resurrected.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Jan. 15 2005,13:23)]Then there are strikers who cant hit a barn door, move on and become serious hit men. Rammell and Mooney spring to mind. We went for a long period where it seemed we were a strikers graveyard, they could not produce for us, but once gone they were resurrected.
You are right about the poor strike rate from some of our strikers, but I think you are being a little unfair to Mooney - he only played 12 games, and scored 5 goals which is respectable (0.416 goals per game, or around 19 a season) wheras Rammel played 56 games and only scored 14 goals (0.25 GpG - around 11 per season)

I never understood why we let Mooney go. Maybe you are right about the dodgy dealings
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Jan. 15 2005,14:45)]I never understood why we let Mooney go. Maybe you are right about the dodgy dealings  
rock.gif
And right on cue, he scores against table-toppers Yeovil!
smile.gif

Easy one for me - Scott Houghton. Fat, unfit, arrogant, lazy **** on the pitch and anyone who saw him and his "charming" wife out and about in Rochford pubs and on the seafront will know that the same description applied away from football.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stid @ Jan. 15 2005,19:10)]Easy one for me - Scott Houghton. Fat, unfit, arrogant, lazy **** on the pitch and anyone who saw him and his "charming" wife out and about in Rochford pubs and on the seafront will know that the same description applied away from football.
Yes, charming in a kind of Vicky Pollard from Little Britain type of way.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 15 2005,21:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (stid @ Jan. 15 2005,19:10)]Easy one for me - Scott Houghton. Fat, unfit, arrogant, lazy **** on the pitch and anyone who saw him and his "charming" wife out and about in Rochford pubs and on the seafront will know that the same description applied away from football.
Yes, charming in a kind of Vicky Pollard from Little Britain type of way.
Strange but true is that he and his lovely wife lived in POLLARDS Close, Rochford. What's in a name?
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Jan. 15 2005,12:15)]Right where do i start!  There's too many to mention.
Here goes in no form of order!

Gordon Connelly - Utter waste of space (What a waster, what a f*****g waster)
Neil Tolson - Overated
Graeme Jones - They called him a striker, i begged to differ
Scott Houghton - How many times did he balloon the ball over the stand?
Mark Prudhoe - Need we say more
Carl Emberson - see above
David Whyte - see Graeme Jones
Phil Gridelet - Spent more time looking at the crowd and making sure his hair was in the right style
Dominic iawlful (iorfa)
Sada N'Diaye - 1 good goal at Plymouth
Eric Steele - See Ember's and Prudhoe
Chris Ramsay - Worst full back ever to play for the mighty blues
Duncan Jupp - Weaklink at the moment at SUFC
Mark Hone - Butthead lookalike
George Paris - Why did we ever sign him?
Alex Burns - Bad temperament, and a diver
Simon Livett - what was he good at other than some modest free kicks?
Nathan Jones - i always thought he was overated, silly attempts at stepovers were just silly
Peter Durson - Came on as sub at Q.P.R. away, (we might as well had played with 10 men, he was that poor). Never seen again.
Fransisco Cagigao - Crap Player with a silly name
Neville Southall - Never won a game while he was in goal!

UP THE BLUES!
you read my mind with that list,would add neil campbell,barry conlon,neville roach,tes bramble and paul byrne though.

Yep forgot to add Barry Conlon and Neil Campbell.

Not too sure i would add Tes!

Neville Roach would get on there too!
As would Paul (Can i have a beer during the game) Byrne!

UP THE BLUES!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Jan. 15 2005,06:34)]Cant even spell his name which goes to show the hate that I have for this bloke.
No it shows that you had a poor education or are just a bad speller!.

tounge.gif

Only joking, I blame the teachers!

Gary Poole- 400k?

Jeroen, of course... perhaps my life's pinnacle to date was having him chosen as Southend's anti-player of the year on the old Baker and Kelly phone-in

Conlon and Morley were just atrocious, although Conlon's goal (the only one i remember) at roots hall which painfully dribbled over the line was fun.

Although i don't really dislike Regis Coulbault, his general wussy rubbishness sums up that rather dark period very well.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (loz @ Jan. 16 2005,13:59)]Gary Poole- 400k?
"Gary Poole, Gary Poole,
Gary, Gary Poole
He Gets The Ball,
And Does f**k All,
Gary, Gary Poole"

WS

And CS Cockles.

1. Phil Gridlet - to**er and couldn't give a f**k.
2. Boere - say no more.
3. Barry Silkman - ditto.
4. Joe Allon - took 40 minutes for myself, Barry Fry and the Cockroach to realise he was toilet.
5. Lee Chapman- ungrateful c**t, we gave him his second break, also loves rough sex, which I hate as I have ricketts (cockles-quality)
6. Mark 'what the f**k am I going to do now' Rawle - words can't be written about how I feel about that c**t
7. Eric steele - how he even got in the same squad at Derby with Peter Shilton I do not know, looked like barry chuckle and played like his brother!

Back