• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Most disliked Blues player ever

Alan Foggon, signed from Middlesborough in 1977. I remember a 0-O draw at AP Leamington in the FA Cup and he was the fattest most unfit player I have ever seen.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Jan. 17 2005,16:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (HUMBLEPIE @ Jan. 17 2005,14:40)]WHOSE GOING TO BITE FIRST....
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
Me, obviously...

tounge.gif

laugh.gif

ghostface.gif
Matt I would never of guessed
biggrin.gif

I must be in a good mood because England won the cricket - I'm really struggling to think of any players I particularly dislike.

Mark Rawle I don't hate because I was actually quite relieved when he didn't sign. Mike Marsh was quality, although he couldn't run because of his knee. Boere was - despite his attitude - our most effective striker in that period between Regis and Carruthers. The likes of Tony Richards, Sada N'Diaye, Dom Iorfa I don't hate, I just laugh at their ineptitude.

The person I hate the most is not a player, but a manager. Barry Fry built up our dreams only to dash them away and I have never forgiven him for that.

Good point HKB. No point going on hating players. You've got to look back and laugh a lot of the time.

And if anyone missed the cricket, it was absolutely incredible. What a game!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stainescccsider @ Jan. 17 2005,16:58)]Alan Foggon, signed from Middlesborough in 1977. I remember a 0-O draw at AP Leamington in the FA Cup and he was the fattest most unfit player I have ever seen.
When Foggon was with us I used to stand in the West Stand when he was sub and he got up to warm up the crowd would sing "Roll out the barrel", nearly 30 years that memory still makes me laugh.
biggrin.gif

In case anyone was worried, I've rediscovered some bile.

Keith Dublin - was an absolute donkey. A Peter Taylor special we actually paid £100,000 and future Premier$hite striker Tommy Mooney to get that waste of space in our back line. And Keith "never let us down" as all his apologists use to claim. B*$%&^s. During his spell at the club (he must have played 200 games for us) we went from the 2nd division to the 4th division conceding 6000 goals, of which he was responsible for 95%.

Also Derek Payne - even slapping David Speedie wasn't enough for me to like this talentless dwarf.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Jan. 18 2005,10:01)]Also Derek Payne - even slapping David Speedie wasn't enough for me to like this talentless dwarf.
Jason Cook anyone ?

It's very easy to keep rolling out the same old chestnuts so how about most over-rated player ?

Phil Whelan anyone ? Did two decent things when on our books. A) Got the ball through the hole in the shoot for a car challenge B) Left the club.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Jan. 18 2005,10:11)]Phil Whelan anyone ? Did two decent things when on our books. A) Got the ball through the hole in the shoot for a car challenge B) Left the club.
laugh.gif

I'm sure he can put that photo of him kicking thr ball through next to his U21 caps, proudly on the mantelpiece.

For me, left wing seems to have been the home to most over-rated.

See: Lee Hodges, Scott Forbes, Neil Jenkins (sorry Jenks fans, but he was rubbish in every game I saw bar two), Scott Houghton.

I think Scott Houghton wins out of those. Not because he was the worst. More because of how good everyone at the club thought he was in spite of the fact he was a fat slow winger who could kick a ball quite hard. Then he disappeared down the road to Orient. Tsk

Back