• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well after watching Southend United for 15 years there is sometimes no other way to get through the match except for the dreaded grog im sure most of you would agree.

Anyway the most p%&sed i got was Torquay away in the FA cup 1st round when it p%&sed down and we lost 1-0. Anyway we got a minibus about 6 in the morning complete with bottles of cheap polish vodka one of my workers got for me and a s%&t load of lager as well as a few other bits and pieces and the rest i really cant remember. All i heard was that i was seen my CS Cockles being carried into the ground my two friends absolutely plastered and how they let me in i really dont know
biggrin.gif
. I dont remember a thing about the game either to be honest which my all accounts is a good thing and slept all the way home, minus my mobile phone and shirt.

Any other drunken stories.

Chesterfield away in the FA Cup a few years ago. Drinking started at about 8am, no expectations that we'd win and there was a real party atmosphere going on in the stand.

Then we scored.

Suddenly everyone thought 'we could win this!' and sobered up as they were paying attention to the game again!

Maybe I'm missing the point but I prefer to watch football at the Hall... isn't that the point of going? Just as easy to get p%&sed in the pub afterwards?

Probably the play-off final to be honest. In the Prince of Wales from 11.15am. Dull answer i know.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Oct. 28 2005,15:28)]Maybe I'm missing the point but I prefer to watch football at the Hall... isn't that the point of going? Just as easy to get p%&sed in the pub afterwards?
It was a brave man who watched Southend sober during the Alvin Martin years.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Oct. 28 2005,15:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Oct. 28 2005,15:28)]Maybe I'm missing the point but I prefer to watch football at the Hall... isn't that the point of going? Just as easy to get p%&sed in the pub afterwards?
It was a brave man who watched Southend sober during the Alvin Martin years.
Fair point.
Well made.

Randomly, Southend v. Peterborough - 25th Sept 1999. Met up with one of the contractors who did a fair bit of work in Canary Wharf, and who were all Spurs fans who lived in & around Southend. They'd taken me to WHL, so I suggested to them that they come and join me in the South Upper of Roots Hall.

Met them in Yates's at about 11.30, and between then and 2pm we sank (I think) 6 or 7 pints, each accompanied by a double-bourbon chaser.

I was leathered by the time I got to Roots Hall... didn't make losing to Fat Judas any easier to swallow.

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Oct. 28 2005,15:52)]Shrewsbury away last year
I remember that. All the Shrews fans were chanting at you eh!

Anyway the most drunk at a game was very nice. I don't remember the game tho...

First LDV vans final in Cardiff.

Started at 6am and drank the best part a bottle of Vodka on the way.

My favourite story was the chap who got drunk before the Sheffield Wednesday FA cup game and fell over in some dog dirt and managed to roll straight through it.

He didn't have a change of clothes and had to spend the whole day befouled.

Exeter at home in 2000. It was a night game and I was on a day off, so me and two others started at about 2pm in the Hoy and Helmet, Benfleet.

By kick-off we were daft drunk (earlier, two of us had paid the other - a student - £1 each to have a go on one of the children's rides in Burger King) and spent most of the game abusing other Southend fans.

Exeter won 2-1 as well. How surprising.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Oct. 28 2005,16:41)]and spent most of the game abusing other Southend fans.
Saw the likes of you at Oxford last year....

ghostface.gif
oops.gif

As for drinking at games, it's pretty rare that I do it at all. As a result, fairly comfortable, I think it must have been Rochdale (I'm not even sure of that) last year where we won three nil and went top just before Cardiff. Every memory I have of it is pretty hazy and it must be the only time I've needed three p%&ses in Roots Hall!

As for drinking during the Alvin Martin era, I wasn't of the right age and just went for the craic.

What teh hell am I still doing going?

rock.gif

cheltenham away, 4 seasons ago. it was my 19th birthday and i was f*cked out my head

Sheffield Wednesday in the FA cup, I got absolutely w@nkered and ended up tripping over on the way to the Leppings lane end and I rolled in dog ****. I was not a happy bunny I can tell you, especially when we got beaten 2 nil.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ Oct. 28 2005,17:13)]Sheffield Wednesday in the FA cup, I got absolutely w@nkered and ended up tripping over on the way to the Leppings lane end and I rolled in dog ****. I was not a happy bunny I can tell you, especially when we got beaten 2 nil.
Aah, so it was you...
cool.gif
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Oct. 28 2005,16:10)]First LDV vans final in Cardiff.

Started at 6am and drank the best part a bottle of Vodka on the way.

My favourite story was the chap who got drunk before the Sheffield Wednesday FA cup game and fell over in some dog dirt and managed to roll straight through it.

He didn't have a change of clothes and had to spend the whole day befouled.
That was me, managed to wash most of it off but I wasn't laughing when the lads stopped off in Chesterfield on the way back from the game. Got a few funny looks that day I can tell you.
tounge.gif

Probably Grimsby away last season, started drinking at 5:25am, after getting p%&sed the night before, was interesting to say the least.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Oct. 28 2005,17:27)]The next away trip

laugh.gif
And what game will that be Naps? Brizzel? Barnet? Forest? If it's the latter I look forward to seeing it!

Back