• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Moussa LW or CM?

Franck Moussa: Left winger? Midfield magic?

• Left Wing

Votes: 24 54.5%
  • Centre Mid

Votes: 20 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really dont think Macca could do a job out wide but have to respect your opinion as know you talk sense.

I personally think Macca is a fairly creative player and if you have decent wingers you dont need to rely so much on a creative midfielder as the ingers can create.

Sadly we have **** wingers....

Thank you. To be fair he can be a goalscoring threat from that position though. I remember the 2 goals at Macclesfield and also the season before last, 2 goals at home to Huddersfield and also an impressive performance in the 3-2 win at home to Donny. He would also offer workrate and help a struggling right back out defensively.

I agree with your other 2 points though.

I wouldn't mind trying out Herd at left wing just in pre season to see if he may offer anything.

Agree Dave, though when he was asked to play wide before he did do ok. For me, it's about being consistent and trying to keep a nucleus together rather than chopping and changing - I think Macca works better with Jeff in the middle than he does with either of the other two, both of whom can play wide.

I'd agree McCormack looks better in midfield alongside JFC, but I'd suggest that is because JFC's range of passing makes Macca's range of passing look good in comparison.

I don't want us to become a team of cloggers, I want someone in midfield who can pass a ball. That isn't JFC or McCormack. That is however Moussa.

I agree we, well Tilly and Brush need to settle on a midfield combination and stick with it.

Last edited:
Well as we don't have any natural wingers i think you have to work with what you have got so i would go with a 4-3-2-1: Our 2 most creative players are Moussa and Freedman so i would like to see how this works maybe in a friendly.

Mildenhall

Francis/Sankofa A.n. Other Barrett Herd / A n Other

Grant McCormack JFC

Freedman Moussa

Barnard

Can always revert to 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 when defending as well.

We could do this, but after we scrape a 1-0 win against Chelmsford/Great Wakering Rovers/Canvey and look awful we'll just scrap it, so we may as well just play the 4-4-2 that has served us so well under Webby and Tilly. Have one winger pushing on, and the other winger pushing in. It's pretty much the only formation we've ever been successful in.

It's OBL's evil influence, preventing me from suggesting that McCormack is a clogger.

He's not a clogger, he's misunderstood! :)

Reminds me of a card featuring a terrier baring his teeth...

"He doesn't want to play, he just bites..." :D

PS Sorry Kay - I like Macca really!

We could do this, but after we scrape a 1-0 win against Chelmsford/Great Wakering Rovers/Canvey and look awful we'll just scrap it, so we may as well just play the 4-4-2 that has served us so well under Webby and Tilly. Have one winger pushing on, and the other winger pushing in. It's pretty much the only formation we've ever been successful in.

Spot on sir.

When we had Gower on the left during our rise up the divisions, on the right we have players like Bradbury, Petts and Bentley. Also, the latter part of this season we have Moussa on one wing doing the Petts type job and a proper winger in the form of Betsy or Scannell (Not saying they did brilliantly but its one winger and one midfielder). I've mentioned this before but I'd like our midfield to look something like this:

LW Granty Sawyer Macca.

Now, the guy on the left will be an out and out winger like Ishmael Demontagnac or Matt Ritichie, either would work fine. Infield we have the holding player, in this case Granty but could easily be JFC, and a creative player in Sawyer (could also be Moussa or David Noble) then on the right we have the work house. Its a formular that has proved succesful before, and would work again in my opinion.

It also gives us the opinion if a game is a tight affair, like Yeovil or Crewe at home this season, we could always take Macca off and bring on a right winger like Betsy for example to give us natural width down either flank.

Back