• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Do you like "Multimedia" talking head type videos?

• Yes - prefer to view videos of people talking

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Am I just being curmudgeonly in disliking the new look cricinfo web-site with its "multimedia" focus?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not at all against highlight reels showing actual sporting action appearing on web-sites, or illustrating written articles with photographs, diagrams and the like.

It's the talking heads I can't stand. Why have a video when you could impart that same information to me quicker in the form of a written article? Not only do you read quicker than people talk, but it's easier to concentrate on reading rather than listening to the audio and watching some vaguely related graphics at the same time. It also loads quicker, uses less bandwidth and is less likely to cause issues on my pc/phone.

Do people actually prefer these videos?

Is it a generational thing?

Yeah this can be annoying, especially if it's a link from twitter for example, where you click on it after reading the headline and it turns out to be a talking-head interview rather than a written article. For interviews I'd much rather read it that watch it.

Am I just being curmudgeonly in disliking the new look cricinfo web-site with its "multimedia" focus?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not at all against highlight reels showing actual sporting action appearing on web-sites, or illustrating written articles with photographs, diagrams and the like.

It's the talking heads I can't stand. Why have a video when you could impart that same information to me quicker in the form of a written article? Not only do you read quicker than people talk, but it's easier to concentrate on reading rather than listening to the audio and watching some vaguely related graphics at the same time. It also loads quicker, uses less bandwidth and is less likely to cause issues on my pc/phone.

Do people actually prefer these videos?

Is it a generational thing?

Haven't looked but cricinfo was great, no need to change it. I view it most at work with no audio on my PC so videos are useless to me.

Also just because you're right about this, doesn't stop you from being curmudgeonly!:smile:

Id prefer text rather than videos.

Most of the time I'm on the web I dont have sound, and when Im not Id rather skim most articles than have to listen to the whole thing.

This thread so would have had so many more views if it had been vlogged wouldn't it?

Back