• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Musical Kryptonite

Country & Western as a genre, I cannot abide any of that **** kicking ****, or the mournful dirges about a bloke whose wife has left him the crop has failed, his kids have ricketts, and his sheepdog piles.:guns: :guns: :mad:

The Fray. I didn't used to have a problem with them, but their songs are played on the radio way too often over here. Next time I hear that Over my Head song I really think that I might go insane.

Spot on. Absolute ****e excuse for a song, endless whining and you can hardly understand a word he is saying. The 'whining' style of singing is also why i can't stand the Scissor Sisters.

YES! Scissor Sisters are, IMO, complete rubbish. Cant stand them. Its not right how a bloke should have that high a voice!
:guns:

Will have to take issue here on a couple of points here.

Firstly I think the Mika single is a fantastic pop song, pure camp brilliance and so different from everything else in the charts at the moment.

I also agree with whoever said Paul Weller. Weller is a legend purely for being in The Jam, one of the greatest bands ever. However hearing the dirge he churns out as a solo artist is painful for me - how can the same man responsible for Eton Rifles, Down in The Tube Station, Billy Hunt and so many others sink so low?

No, no, no.

Weller may have produced some toss as a solo artist, but The Wild Wood album is up there with anything The Jam produced. Some of his latest work is cracking, From The Floorboards Up, Sweetpea.

Mika - three words - ONE HIT WONDER or ANNOYING AS ****.

True musical anathema - 99.9% of R&B/Hip Hop/Dance Music.

Still, as I'm a grumpy old dadrocker, i'm bound to be shot down :) .... Horny ****ING Horny Mr Stokes????

I agree with Yorkshire Blue, Savage Garden are by far my most despised band of all time.

Leave the mushy ****e to the women eh lads?

I won't take the easy route and nominate all the previously mentioned pop slush (WL, SG etc) as that would acknowledge it as a musical genre :)

In terms of actual acknowledged genres I have to say I find reggae utterly tiresome, I just can't get my head round it's appeal.

The White Stripes for me are one of the most boring 'bands' in history

Truly awful, I remember the Currant Bun described them as 'as fast and as heavy as Metallica' :finger: :finger:

A diarrhoretic **** is faster and heavier than them.

:flamer:

Shakira really annoys me as does anything associated with anything crazy froglike.

But the biggest **** has to be James Blunt with his stupid gimpish smug smile. What the ****'s wrong with America that makes them buy his ****piece album in their droves? He's a talentless ****er with one noticable song who carries a guitar of convenience to try and give an aura of alternative when he just produces soppy mundane ****.

Back