• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question My mates dilema.

Options

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
As you get older its get harder and harder to get all your mates out for a beer. We normally get together once every two weeks nowadays on a Friday night for a few beers and a chat.

However I am lucky as I get to see all my mates on a Wednesday night when we play football in a mates kick about in Brighton.

Last night was no different and six of our seven mates all set to play. It was however one of the worst nights ever seen to man. We had really hard rain and even sleet at one point.

Just before were about to kick off my mate Sweaty gets a call from hsi Mrs. She has forgotten her key and needs him to come home. Home for him is Saltdean which is about 25 mins drive away.

My mate thinks for all of a second and then says "You will have to wait till after football" which is an hour. His Mrs is really not happy about that as he has no where to go an no neighbours have keys so she is basically left sheltering under there porch in the dark. They also dont really have any friends in the area as far as I am aware. His Mrs kicks off and a blazing row occurs.

As a bit of side info my mate told me that its the third time in the poast few weeks she has forgotten her key and last time he had to drive for 30 mins each way to let her in. He also had to tuen back 40 mins into a journey to a wedding recently as she had forgotten her wedding outfit.

So my question is what would you do. Personally I think the man in me says make her wait especially as its not the first time but then I would not be looking forward to getting home and taking the grief from the wife either.

You thoughts please?

Last edited:
Blimey! Third time in three weeks? She needs punishing. How hard is it to check you've got your keys before you close the door behind you?

Do what I do, tell him to give the neighbours one....

Either that or its the first stages of dementia? Is he a Rooney-esque granny shagger?

Key under the mat or flower pot or something should help, either that or tell her to get her snatch pierced and use it as a key chain... She's never without keys and He get's something to play with. Everyone's a Winner.

Lol, my bird would do it once, and never again haha. She'd learn the hardway by standing outside the house til i got back.

Also, the wedding example, how the **** can you forget your clobber for the do? Again, my bird would have learnt the hard way, by going to the wedding in a t-shirt and jeans.

Birds eh? ****ing nutters the lot of 'em

This issue seems to have united the usually waring left (boo) and right wingers on this board. Some good ideas coming out of here too I will pass on to the couple in question.

If it happened once then fine, I'd head back. After that it's tough. If she was that desperate she could have phoned a cab to come to the football place and either pick up the key or shelter in the clubhouse until you were done.

He should go home and let her in, but she'll have a lot of ironing, cooking and bedroom duties to fulfil in order to make it up to him.

Are there no pubs near their house because I know what I would have done if I had been locked out.

Once is unfortunate, any more than that is stupid.

Incidentally, if your mate had headed off, would that have meant an odd number of players and thus ruined the game?

Once is unfortunate, any more than that is stupid.

Incidentally, if your mate had headed off, would that have meant an odd number of players and thus ruined the game?

Indeed it would Mr Welham.

We played 7 a side and he in fairness is one of the better players. This is my arguement really. I think he is right to go as if not he lets down 13 people.

Indeed it would Mr Welham.

We played 7 a side and he in fairness is one of the better players. This is my arguement really. I think he is right to go as if not he lets down 13 people.

Exactly the argument I used when someone tried to do this during a post-work game. Even worse it was only five-a-side. You may as well give up if it's only four vs five. And all because of some dozy bird.

Most girlfriends would use the line "it's only a game, blah blah bollox" that's where they just don't get the loyalty a man will always have for his mates and want to never let them down. The wrath of the woman will subside (you can turn off from the nagging) but the "it's alright mate we understand" line from your mates is enough punishment and you know you're going to be buying the beers for a while to make your own conscience clear. Anyway, why not just tell her to get down to Tesco in a cab grab a trolley and you'll meet on the way back. Bish bash bosh.

Women can't think that outside the box.

I guess I'm gonna be in a minority here, but I think he should have headed straight home...

...as punishment for being stupid enough to answer the call from the dumb bint in the first place. You just don't do it when you're out with the lads - especially as she's got a history. What an idiot...

She knows he's a soft touch, any sensible woman who had an apparent habit of doing this regularly would get into the routine of checking she'd got them before she left the house, but because she doesn't seem to need to cos he comes running, she doesn't bother! Man up and tell her to break in....and that she can then pay for the glazier to replace the window!

Back