• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Name and Shamed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im affraid I dont own a southend shirt I didnt know support was mesured by that super fan?

Cockles.....I still own a Southend United shirt with Eastwood on the back of it and live in hope, so as you can imagine, i don't think that the latest shirt is a sign of a true supporter....but i tell you what is not a sign of a true supporter, and that is people who verbally abuse fellow supporters like Rich to the degree that they did.

IMO people that do that should ever put up face to face or shut up.

Hang on a minute there, I can remember a brighton fan on this forum not so long ago being told to '**** off and die'. Where's the difference?

exactly my point derek I see a massive pot he same colour as the kettle right now, I hope my spelling was upto scratch Southminster Shrimper I dont think I could take another come back like yours again.

Well don't leave everyone in suspenders mate!!

What you are wearing in the comfort of your own home is up to you m8...

please shed some light

And in answer to both....not for public forum.

Rich is a decent chap and doesnt deserve anything like that said towards him. If people disagree with his opinions thats fine. To simply hurl abuse is just uncalled for. I would hope that Rich does not stoop as low to hurl similar back.

As a member of that Facebook group I'd just like to try and clarify a few things. Firstly it was mainly created for a laugh last year when the crowd started boo-ing our own team early in the season. The group was made to take a satirical view of the situation and show how fickle the roots hall crowd seems to be. We never really intended anyone else to join the group other than the people we knew who would get the joke.

We've all been following southend for some time, and attend as many home and away matches as we possibly can. It seems that some people have got misconceptions about us as a group however.
None of us started, or joined in with, the “GlasgowShrimper” chant at Carlisle everyone is ranting about. We just heard it and from behind us and it became a memorable moment in the trip, we thought it was one mate signing it to another and thought it was funny in that kind of setting, so it was quoted at some point in the group.

We fully support the team through thick and thin and it’s quite upsetting that people have now seen the group and started chastising us for something that was just meant to be a laugh between mates and not at all sinister. Perhaps our sarcastic criticism of Southend’s fickle fans isn’t as easily recognisable in text as it could be, but all I can do is apologise for that on the group’s behalf.

This whole thread is pathetic...you're doing exactly the same thing as you claim they are doing...and are any of you actually going to do anything about it...of course not...i love how the people acting "big and tough behind a computer screen" on this website are appreciated

Garry (member of the Real Suppoters group)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back