• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

National League 2020/21 - who goes up, are we bothered?

I'm not sure that's quite right though... yes, they were first relegated out of the FL 14 years ago but came back a couple of years later and had a decent-ish time in L2 for a bit, making the play offs a couple of times and getting to the final on
one occasion.
Yes you are, and so you should be. Good point.

I'm not sure that's quite right though... yes, they were first relegated out of the FL 14 years ago but came back a couple of years later and had a decent-ish time in L2 for a bit, making the play offs a couple of times and getting to the final on
one occasion.

Torquay went down Into Conference South a few seasons back.

one occasion.
Torquay were relegated from League 2 in 2007. It took them 2 years to get back into the EFL.

They were relegated again in 2014, and are still trying to get back up. They dropped down to National League South in 2018, and promoted back up to National League in 2019.

Congrats to Torquay, into ta South v North final

Another terrific game to watch played at an incredible pace. Phil we need to further up our training to SAS standards at this rate

We wouldnt mind watching games like that every week, of course as long as mostly in our favour.

Hope im wrong got the impression both sides would tear through us, although on the other hand both sides very much up for it of course as a play off semi

Great Entertainment

Will compare the Monkey Hangers v Stockport tomorrow

Looks like Notts County are looking at a 3rd season in the VNL. Sobering thought for us.

Great news though for me, I have a good friend who is a Notts County fan. Haven’t done the ground so we are going to make a day of it (hopefully) football then a night out in Nottingham.

Great news though for me, I have a good friend who is a Notts County fan. Haven’t done the ground so we are going to make a day of it (hopefully) football then a night out in Nottingham.
I’m looking forward to this one too, hope it’s a Saturday game.

Is it me, or were we really as bad at passing over the last two seasons as the Stockport v Pool match?
There was a bit of keep ball by the latter in the last three minutes, but most of the time the ball went from a blue to a yellow, and back to a blue - and they're were the second semi-final!

Sadly, the cup for me is half full.
Have done both Notts and Hartlepool as grounds; the former, when Blues were beaten on a Tuesday night 4-0 with Stan in the team.
So, would like Hartepool to win so's Torquay remains a decent day out.
In fact, if it's not asking too much Mr Dream-maker, can you make the visit to Plainmoor in August?

Last edited:
Sadly, the cup for me is half full.
Have done both Notts and Hartlepool as grounds; the former, when Blues were beaten on a Tuesday night 4-0 with Stan in the team.
So, would like Stockport to win so's Torquay remains a decent day out.
In fact, if it's not asking too much Mr Dream-maker, can you make the visit to Plainmoor in August?

I believe it's TQ V Hartlepool in the Final. Like you, I hope that TQ stay down for that "decent day out."

Correct, and thanks!
It is Pool and Torquay, so hope the former win. I've been to the Victoria Ground on a freezing Tuesday in February, and don't want to repeat the experience!

Quite liked that supporters' club there - the Raglan Quoit, I think it was called. But yes, Torquay has its 'English Riviera' charm, not least in The Hole In The Wall.

Back