• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

National League Meeting | 13/07/2023

I assume the Trust have been in contact with the NL?

It's a disgrace we don't know the outcome from either the club or the league.
Maybe the outcome is you have 16 players to start the season….. the NL will probably know more than most about what Ron is up to, I doubt they will share it to the public….

Ssys it all really. Tom needs to break free and started questioning what's Ron's motives are
Tom's not going to put himself out of a job when he genuinely cares about the club, works his butt off and believes in what it could be. He doesn't deserve any stick, he's a good hard working genuine man.
Believe me, he's frustrated at the situation.

Tom's not going to put himself out of a job when he genuinely cares about the club, works his butt off and believes in what it could be. He doesn't deserve any stick, he's a good hard working genuine man.

I don’t understand this viewpoint shared by many here. I won’t speak against the man or his character because I don’t know him, but he’s Ron’s CEO for God’s sake. He cannot be working against Ron’s wishes because he would not be tolerated if he did so.

Frankly, if he feels unable to support Ron he has no business being there anyway because he is the Chief Executive Officer.

He may of course advise Ron and challenge his decisions privately but he has to back him - that’s his job.

Now an awful lot of s**t is being slung at RM by us lot right now. I don’t see how TL can avoid being splattered a little and that’s fair enough IMO.

Last edited:
I dont know tom, but im inclined to agree with this.

People blame stan
people blame tom
people blame pg tips
people blame fans for not protesting or buying a season ticket
people blame the trust.

Bottom line sufc is an autocracy. It will not change until he is gone. but i agree in the meantime people need to try their best to keep him to account.

Most of the blaming and moaning is out of pure frustation and a need to vent on others which is a shame as it causes much infighting amongst normal mainly decent people who just want to meet up with family and friends and enjoy supporting our team.

I dont know tom, but im inclined to agree with this.

People blame stan
people blame tom
people blame pg tips
people blame fans for not protesting or buying a season ticket
people blame the trust.

Bottom line sufc is an autocracy. It will not change until he is gone. but i agree in the meantime people need to try their best to keep him to account.

Most of the blaming and moaning is out of pure frustation and a need to vent on others which is a shame as it causes much infighting amongst normal mainly decent people who just want to meet up with family and friends and enjoy supporting our team.
Good point, where is Stan though ? Lol

I don’t understand this viewpoint shared by many here. I won’t speak against the man or his character because I don’t know him, but he’s Ron’s CEO for God’s sake. He cannot be working against Ron’s wishes because he would not be tolerated if he did so.

Frankly, if he feels unable to support Ron he has no business being there anyway because he is the Chief Executive Officer.

He may of course advise Ron and challenge his decisions privately but he has to back him - that’s his job.

Now an awful lot of s**t is being slung at RM by us lot right now. I don’t see how TL can avoid being splattered a little and that’s fair enough IMO.
Major Tom can’t shout out much he’s Ron’s puppet imagine he’ll be off when new people come in

Absolutely seen nothing of this. Sorry, but it’s been a tragedy since he joined. Awful.

Major Tom can’t shout out much he’s Ron’s puppet imagine he’ll be off when new people come in
Kimura aren't fools. They will want some continuity on both the general management and football department side. Enough is broken already without getting rid of the highly regarded people we do have. And they have followed the club through this mess so will be fully aware of what Tom has had to deal with.

But is that because of Tom or despite of Tom?

The major problem is lack of cash - imho doesn't matter who the CEO is in that circumstance
Actually I think in a way that has been shown not to be the case. We have a proven football CEO who is also a fan. If the latter wasn't the case he would have bailed long ago, and certainly would have been dipping into his own pocket to pay for coach travel or whatever. So I think it has mattered who it is and we have been mighty fortunaute. I'm sure Kimura understand that too.

Actually I think in a way that has been shown not to be the case. We have a proven football CEO who is also a fan. If the latter wasn't the case he would have bailed long ago, and certainly would have been dipping into his own pocket to pay for coach travel or whatever. So I think it has mattered who it is and we have been mighty fortunaute. I'm sure Kimura understand that too.

Dont get me wrong, I think Tom is doing a relatively good job in what must be incredibly difficult circumstances. But I don't really know if he'd be a good CEO if the football club was in normal circumstances (as he hasn't had the opportunity to show that at SUFC) and so in that sense I'm not sure it's mattered, we're in the **** despite of who is CEO not because of the CEO. But you're right it somehow could probably be worse!

The original critique was the poster hadn't seen any of the good stuff - I think that might be relatively fair, Tom doesn't put himself in the limelight much, and if you wasn't an avid reader of shrimperzone you wouldn't know/hear of the good stuff.

Dont get me wrong, I think Tom is doing a relatively good job in what must be incredibly difficult circumstances. But I don't really know if he'd be a good CEO if the football club was in normal circumstances (as he hasn't had the opportunity to show that at SUFC) and so in that sense I'm not sure it's mattered, we're in the **** despite of who is CEO not because of the CEO. But you're right it somehow could probably be worse!

The original critique was the poster hadn't seen any of the good stuff - I think that might be relatively fair, Tom doesn't put himself in the limelight much, and if you wasn't an avid reader of shrimperzone you wouldn't know/hear of the good stuff.
I think he's too busy to put himself in the limelight, he's not that sort of guy. He works extremely long hours, often without pay, does put others first and is always honest and courteous. I have nothing but respect for him.

I also recall him ditching his suit last summer and scraping off pigeon crap for hours just so we could get the season started at Roots Hall. What other CEO would do that?

On a day to day basis the club does not seem well run. I went to the ticket office when it was supposed to be open - it was all dark and locked-up with not even a note of apology on the door. I have not had an email confirming my season ticket purchase. This is not advanced customer-services stuff.

I think he's too busy to put himself in the limelight, he's not that sort of guy. He works extremely long hours, often without pay, does put others first and is always honest and courteous. I have nothing but respect for him.

I also recall him ditching his suit last summer and scraping off pigeon crap for hours just so we could get the season started at Roots Hall. What other CEO would do that?

Yeah I think I get that he prefers to work in the background. There's no right or wrong way and its not something I think is bad, but I can see why the original poster doesn't see the good he does. But also I disagree with the original poster that seemed to imply that Tom was part of the reason we're where we are.

Yeah I think I get that he prefers to work in the background. There's no right or wrong way and its not something I think is bad, but I can see why the original poster doesn't see the good he does. But also I disagree with the original poster that seemed to imply that Tom was part of the reason we're where we are.
Well they are correct, because of Tom we are where we are ..... just about alive. Without him, we'd have been dead a long time ago.

On a day to day basis the club does not seem well run. I went to the ticket office when it was supposed to be open - it was all dark and locked-up with not even a note of apology on the door. I have not had an email confirming my season ticket purchase. This is not advanced customer-services stuff.
Agreed. These people are not being getting paid month upon month, likely stressed and unmotivated. I'm not surprised all isn't perfect.

Back