• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours National League South Defender

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you say so, So why hasn’t Ron paid the fee for this concord player?? Was a done deal last week but Ron don’t have the funds. It’s the same old story with Ron.
There is no fee

Last edited by a moderator:
One way to tell if it is true or not is if the signing is completed.
No it isn’t! There are tons of reasons why a transfer might not go through. Another player might become available, the club or player might have second thoughts. Crazy to make out it’s as black and white as that.

I
I have heard that the admin staff and players have not been paid. Tom has offered to step in to pay the admin staff if not sorted shortly.

If this site is to be rumour free then it will hardly be worth reading.
However, people still have to be responsible. There is a big difference between posting 'we are interested in joe bloggs' and 'players and/or staff have not been paid' and it would be irresponsible to even infer the latter unless one knew it was absolutely true.
Often what turns out to be really interesting news starts out as rumour although not all rumours turn out to be true.
You can be quite sure that if people are not paid on time or not being paid at all there will be rumours of this before it is confirmed.
Given our history and precarious financial position it is unrealistic to expect that such rumblings will be ignored and that people hearing them will not post what they hear/know on SZ.
In the case of something as important to people as payment for the work they have done the rumours can only persist if there is some truth to them. If there is nothing to see here and everyone has been paid on time then they will die out.
This posting is worrying as it seems the author is speaking with some authority.

I

This posting is worrying as it seems the author is speaking with some authority.
Agree with rest of the post, but not sure how you infer that. Anyone can write anything on here. Even 2, or more, different user names could be the same person.

If you say so, So why hasn’t Ron paid the fee for this concord player?? Was a done deal last week but Ron don’t have the funds. It’s the same old story with Ron.

I won’t confirm who the player is, but negotiations are still on going.

There are a huge number of reasons why a deal isn’t completed at the drop of a hat. One thing, the level the player is playing at his part time, so the players will also have full time jobs. A lot of non-league players earn more than some full time lower league players when combining the two wages. Do you want to give up a job in the city for example, for a one year deal which may see you being released come the end of the season? Players still have to give notice periods to employers.

We could still be negotiating a fee, sell on clauses, add ons, a “try before you buy” with the player coming in and training for a bit, a potential pre-season friendly or any number of things. A deal isn’t completed as quickly as things appear on games like football manager or fifa. They are complicated things. Even the “straightforward” deals when you sign a free agent aren’t straightforward, let alone when you add another club into the mix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with rest of the post, but not sure how you infer that. Anyone can write anything on here. Even 2, or more, different user names could be the same person.
I might be making the wrong assumption but if someone actually names someone taking a certain action in this kind of post (ie the reference to TL) in my mind it carries more authority that a post saying 'i know someone who was told by someone that wages were late'.
But I agree; anything written on here could be completely made up.

All this speculation, claims and counter claims serve to underline just what a mess this club is in. Expectations have been raised by boastful talk of A class contacts and structural changes that will turn the club around, yet we can't even seem to complete a lower step signing quickly and efficiently without it being accompanied by the usual psychodrama. Plus ca change!

All this speculation, claims and counter claims serve to underline just what a mess this club is in. Expectations have been raised by boastful talk of A class contacts and structural changes that will turn the club around, yet we can't even seem to complete a lower step signing quickly and efficiently without it being accompanied by the usual psychodrama. Plus ca change!

I don’t think that shows the Club is a mess at all. It’s us fans getting our knickers in a twist because we haven’t signed someone, and when we don’t sign someone, somebody has to mention the tropical juice because that can only be the explanation behind us not signing someone.

Whether we sign someone from Concord Rangers or not leaves my knickers quite untwisted.
'Ouch' is my reaction when I read of any suggestion we are not paying wages on time or there are significant amounts owing.
That is because we have been there before and it is usually a prelude to even worse news.
Put it this way; you will find it hard to convince me that we have any hope of turning around the fortunes of the club while the finances are still chaotic.
Whether we sign this or that player or not I would still be confident we can avoid relegation.
If we are unable to pay people's wages on time then I have no confidence at all.

Keep going mate appreciate your updates. Think admin should ban people who talk rubbish about players staff not being paid unless there’s evidence or they at least name there source.
If we were to ban everyone on here for talking rubbish then there wouldn't be many posters left. If you think a poster has crossed the line in terms of SZ rules then please use the report button and let us know. Thanks.

Whether we sign someone from Concord Rangers or not leaves my knickers quite untwisted.
'Ouch' is my reaction when I read of any suggestion we are not paying wages on time or there are significant amounts owing.
That is because we have been there before and it is usually a prelude to even worse news.
Put it this way; you will find it hard to convince me that we have any hope of turning around the fortunes of the club while the finances are still chaotic.
Whether we sign this or that player or not I would still be confident we can avoid relegation.
If we are unable to pay people's wages on time then I have no confidence at all.
I am a bit worried now if the rumours are true that we are not paying our players. Usually starts like this. We have money to buy players, plenty of budget etc. Then we are about to sign someone (the two Macclesfield guys spring to mind) and then we are under another embargo.

Makes sense why the current crop of players are not performing. If you are not getting paid and you can't afford your mortgage you will have other things on your mind

Last edited:
I am a bit worried now that the rumours are true that we are not paying our players. Usually starts like this. We have money to buy players, plenty of budget etc. Then we are about to sign someone (the two Macclesfield guys spring to mind) and then we are under another embargo.

Makes sense why the current crop of players are not performing. If you are not getting paid and you can't afford your mortgage you will have other things on your mind

Didn’t we win our last match with plenty of guts and determination? Would the players put their bodies on the line like they did if they weren’t being paid?

The problem is, this has happened before, and now every time we have a few bad results/performances (Or in this case a win), people jump to conclusions that the players aren’t being paid. We don’t sign someone we are rumoured to be interested in as soon as the rumour comes out and then we are automatically under an embargo. It becomes quite tiresome.

Ultimately, the players have been paid. People will either believe that, or believe what they want. We haven’t been under an embargo since the start of MM’s reign. Again, people can believe that or believe we are under one.

I am a bit worried now that the rumours are true that we are not paying our players. Usually starts like this. We have money to buy players, plenty of budget etc. Then we are about to sign someone (the two Macclesfield guys spring to mind) and then we are under another embargo.

I have to disagree about the comments about players not performing. By and large the players are doing their best and I don't see any lack of effort. The problem is some are not good enough.

People like you should be ashamed of themselves coming on here and spreading false rumours without a shred of evidence to back it up
If its a question of believing you or TL who came out and said all players and staff were being paid on time i know who i choose to believe..

One of the problems is people jumping to conclusions at the first opportunity. Deals take time to complete, we still have five days until we play again so not sure why the panic. And even if the deal is done, an announcement isn't usually made for a day or two afterwards due to all the razmatazz that goes with these announcements these days. Got to shoot a video, do photos.

Also a very good point made by BW2 is that players coming from lower levels will have more than one job, and will presumably need to give notice to their employer.

Claiming there's problems behind the scenes just because things aren't working out the way they do on Championship Manager is not helpful. If people do have good sources saying that things are not good behind the scenes then that is a concern but it would seem strange given the progress in recent weeks and the appointment of several new members of staff.

If we were to ban everyone on here for talking rubbish then there wouldn't be many posters left. If you think a poster has crossed the line in terms of SZ rules then please use the report button and let us know. Thanks.

No you can't ban rumour but it would be better if you Mods would step in now and again for posters with proven track records.

For example when a troll demands they name the 'source' or tells them not to post "They no something we don't" etc.

That aside there is an even better financial rumour about Ron than unpaid players....I'm sure some of you have heard :Winking:

I suspect and hope if there was any truth in these rumours that there would be something more concrete by now to confirm it. We must be nearly a week past the date where most people would be paid for last month so if wages weren't forthcoming I think there'd be more to go on than a few 'my mates girlfriend knows so and so's window cleaner' type rumours. I'll be honest its worried me for a while now where the money is coming from to pay all these new people but you just have to believe its coming from somewhere. Until it becomes apparent its not. Lets hope this is just groundless chinese whispers.

No you can't ban rumour but it would be better if you Mods would step in now and again for posters with proven track records.

For example when a troll demands they name the 'source' or tells them not to post "They no something we don't" etc.

That aside there is an even better financial rumour about Ron than unpaid players....I'm sure some of you have heard :Winking:
do you really mean 'better' or is it worse from the point of view of potential consequences to the club?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back