• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New battle of the film directors.

Can we have battle of the producers?

I like Don Simpson.

No!

Fatshrimp: Speilberg.
GB Jnr: Tarantino.
Pubey: Aranofsky.
MK: Coen brothers.
Bobby G: John Hughes
Kent Shrimper: Richie Cunningham.
Aberdeen: Wes Anderson
MTS: Danny Boyle
Marvel315: Oliver Stone
Rusty: David Fincher
Cricko: Frank Darabont
Irish: Michael Moore (really?)
Alexis: Guillermo Del Toro (nice call)

3 more for a competition!

Damn you and your 30 year rule MK! I would have gone for Stanley Kubrick but he only made 3 films after 1979!

Hmm. Tempted to go for Jarmusch, Reichardt but I'm tired of going out in the first round. And I see Del Toro has gone.

Possibles...Tim Burton, Terry Gilliam, Scorcese, Lynch, Todd Haynes, Walter Salles, Gondry, Kevin Smith...

Put me down for Tim Burton. (but I might change my mind overnight)

Damn you and your 30 year rule MK! I would have gone for Stanley Kubrick but he only made 3 films after 1979!

Hmm. Tempted to go for Jarmusch, Reichardt but I'm tired of going out in the first round. And I see Del Toro has gone.

Possibles...Tim Burton, Terry Gilliam, Scorcese, Lynch, Todd Haynes, Walter Salles, Gondry, Kevin Smith...

Put me down for Tim Burton. (but I might change my mind overnight)

The rule is AS long as he made a film after 1979 you can promote Kubrick's older works by all means. Just so I could rule out the obvious winner Hitchcock!

There's loads left, so come on SZ make it a 32'r. I've got sod all to do at work :D

Kent Shrimper: Ron Howard.
Irish: Michael Moore
Alexis: Guillermo Del Toro
Drastic: Tim Burton.

Drastic: Stanley Kubrick
Brettie A: Marty Scorsese

Last edited:
Clinton B: George Romero.

Thats 16, but there's plenty more to pick from Szone - Tim Burton, Peter Jackson, Clint Eastwood, Terry Gilliam....

I'll leave this open for a few days

The genius of George A Romero for me please.

As much as i love Dawn Of The Dead and Day Of The Dead, i really can't stand his newer work Survival, Diary and Land. Proper poor spins that should never have been made IMO.

Decent shout though, just for Dawn and Day alone. Quality movies.

Can't believe no-one has opted for Sam Raimi, who has directed/produced some quality films; Evil Dead Trilogy, Spiderman Trilogy, 30 Days of Night,
The Grudge.

And i should add, he's currently involved in Spiderman 4 and Evil Dead 4

As much as i love Dawn Of The Dead and Day Of The Dead, i really can't stand his newer work Survival, Diary and Land. Proper poor spins that should never have been made IMO.

Decent shout though, just for Dawn and Day alone. Quality movies.

Can't believe no-one has opted for Sam Raimi, who has directed/produced some quality films; Evil Dead Trilogy, Spiderman Trilogy, 30 Days of Night, The Grudge

and Bad Taste!

Jassyfa: George Lucas.

Naps is a big film head, so I'll leave this nomination thread open until we've got 32, even if we double up on some.

Jassyfa: George Lucas.
GHG: Ridley Scott.

Absolutely no interest in this one at all - I shall leave you film buffs completely to your own devices here. I watch very few films, and most of what I like would leave you lot cold anyway!

Back