• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Fans Group

You decide?

• Total voters
Would it muck up all your options to suggest a slight change to Voice of the Blues instead of Blue Voice?

A lot of good ideas on this thread on The Blue Voice option - but my only concern is that any number of clubs could have that name. Ideally I think the name should have something containing Southend or Shrimpers - though I am struggling to think of anything catchy - "Southend United" would be a good name but I think someone else already uses that.

We could call it One Blue Voice in tribute to Popstars.

We'd have to watch out when our rivals Gills Aloud come to town though

:(

Last edited:
A lot of good ideas on this thread on The Blue Voice option - but my only concern is that any number of clubs could have that name. Ideally I think the name should have something containing Southend or Shrimpers - though I am struggling to think of anything catchy - "Southend United" would be a good name but I think someone else already uses that.

Yep, I see what you are saying, unfortunately Shrimpers or Southend just doesn't fit well in any names.

Anyway, the name is decided people..

So let's look at how we can now move forward with this.

I can't do it all myself, we ALL have to want this to happen.

So, who is willing to offer their hand of support for this project?

I need logo designs, a mission statement and ideas for website content.

I need Trust/Club connections

Marketing People

Anyone with contacts that could be useful in the future, flag/banner makers, clothes/merchandising manufacturers etc etc...

As already said.

I was ready to help but my forum seems to be of no use :(

*cries in corner*

I'm 100% behind this idea and would very much to be part of the group as it were. I think it's important that we get this out and about at games and select a home game in the future of which we could meet up before the game and get flyers handed out to Blues fans and raise our profile up a couple of notches and then get an amazing atmosphere going. Huddersfield at home i would suggest as midweek games always give a better atmosphere.

I'm 100% behind this idea and would very much to be part of the group as it were. I think it's important that we get this out and about at games and select a home game in the future of which we could meet up before the game and get flyers handed out to Blues fans and raise our profile up a couple of notches and then get an amazing atmosphere going. Huddersfield at home i would suggest as midweek games always give a better atmosphere.

Would be better to get everyone in the same stand, but people are reluctant to move around the ground.

In the old days it would have been easy but impossible now and the atmosphere at Roots Hall will remain crap until we move grounds. There is no guarantee it will be better at the new ground but at least more of our most vocal supporters will hopefully gather in one area.

Yes i know. Thats why i didn't suggest that but if we met up and found out who sits near us etc then if we all got going it would make a good atmosphere and if everyone else knew what we trying to achieve they may join in too.

I think a gallery page would be a good idea, perhaps also including video footage of the away fans roaring on the team. maybe a forum? :D perhaps the club could be approached to allow flags to be drapped from the south upper and removed when the game starts.

I need logo designs, a mission statement and ideas for website content.

:eek:

You know corporations have taken over football when an ultras group has a mission statement!

:)

May as well put in a token serious bit - it would make a better atmosphere. Not sure whether I'd be in or out but go for it.

:eek:

You know corporations have taken over football when an ultras group has a mission statement!

:)

May as well put in a token serious bit - it would make a better atmosphere. Not sure whether I'd be in or out but go for it.

Do you actually come to games then!?

One Team - One Passion - One Voice

The Blue Voice: Mission Statement

1. Contribute towards making Fossetts Farm louder, and help enhance the match day atmosphere at the stadium.

2. To encourage supporters to sing loud and proud at all SUFC games, home and away.

3. Help make Fossetts Farm as fun and colourful as possible, again enhancing the matchday experience for all supporters.

4. To Encourage supporters to sing for 90 minutes and more at all SUFC games.

5. To encourage families to take part and feel involved in their club and community.

6. To welcome all nationalities, colours, creeds and genders to our club.

7. To add more traditional SUFC songs and chants to our support.

8. Recognise and honour heroes of SUFC, past and present.

9. To make the footballing world aware of the immense pride and passion we have for SUFC.

10. Help improve the 'togetherness' of our support, with regular Blue Voice displays on matchdays, which everyone can be involved in.

11. To emphasise loyalty to the group and to the club as a whole, creating a 'united' mentality.

Ok, that is just a rough idea of what The Blue Voice is about.

Any thoughts or things that could be added, let me know!..

Last edited:
Can you add in that we have to remind the footballing community that we are the only club in the world to hold a 100% winning record against the biggest and best side in the world?

Back