• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New ground update?

shrimperjon

President
Anyone else seen this on twitter today:

Three sides 10,944, 4th main stand 5,282 to be built at a later date or with help of new owners???

Plans submitted 09.03 accepted 21.03 i believe

I’d think if that’s the case the fourth stand would start very soon after considering that will be the one with the housing in. Is there any proof of this being approved ie the council link?

If it gets any smaller we would not gain anything Dam you ron martin hurry up and leave or we wont have a club left .

The Incredible Shrinking Football Stadium. It's been validated then. Good. That's a start.

Last edited:
Astadium housing just under 11 thosend bloody hell that less than rootshall If it shrinks any more we will end up playing in one of the houses back garden
Three sides are 11,000. With the main stand it will be 16000 I believe

That's the first time I've seen the artists/computer impression of the revised plans and I have to say I'm not impressed........ if I was going to be the new football club owner I would tear up those plans and start again, even makes Colchester's stadium look good at the moment. Your not doing our club any favours Ronald but I suppose it feeds your greed the sooner you go the better for all concerned........

I went to AFC Wimbledon’s new ground recently. That is the perfect little ground. Great for the numbers they get now but the way they’ve built it you can make the 3 other stands larger if needs be. It’s about future proofing, giving us the ability to increase the capacity. After we get bought out by a billionaire and get to the prem within 10 years. 16000 won’t cut it.

Ron's like one of those dodgy family uncles who reckons they're a dab hand at DIY who instists on doing everything themselves to save a few quid, rather than get someone capable in.

Get over yourself uncle Ron. Sell up so we can get the big boys in to do this project properly.

It’s say capacity of under 11k, that is no good for any new owner to buy the club and no room for expansion if we ever move up the league etc.

Back