• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread New HMRC Winding up Petition - Back in court TODAY (should know by around midday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isthmian League is now a possibility, unless we sort our financial affairs out, very quickly.
I wouldn't expect the club to be placed in any other division next season should it be removed from the National League. It would disturb the whole league system at that level.

I would imagine it would have to re-apply the following season where it would likely be allowed in at Step 5 (Essex Senior League).

The point made before was that administration isn’t a potential outcome of a winding up petition. The three outcomes are we pay and it’s dismissed, an adjournment, or being wound up.

That doesn’t mean we’re too far down the road to be put into administration. Although Ron would have to voluntarily put us into administration before the date of the hearing.
Yep, can’t see any point whatsoever in going into admin, club has no assets.

Do we know what the debt is in relation to this time? As staff haven’t been paid properly can only assume he also hasn’t paid the PAYE bill for some time. Shambles.

Do we know what the debt is in relation to this time? As staff haven’t been paid properly can only assume he also hasn’t paid the PAYE bill for some time. Shambles.
The last petition was issued in September. The short and sweet club statement in March said all monies owed under petition have been paid. So I suspect we haven't paid anything fresh to HMRC since September.

Imagine it’s both outstanding VAT and PAYE.

Reactions: Jcd
Presumably this was the 'big announcement' that was pending for today?
That's what I alluded to yesterday. Not so much an announcement of course, but that some **** news may well become public knowledge.

Screenshot_20230504_081159_Chrome.jpg

Explains the £16m of charges loaded onto the club. He's obviously known this was coming for months. The **** is trying to protect himself. Makes me feel sick. I don't know how he's going to get out of this one. The hearing is less than 2 weeks away. He has little to no lines of credit left, and it's been clear that he doesn't want to put anymore money into the club. So surely it needs to be sold or at least an agreement in principle to show the court and get an adjournment (unlikely), or it's administration beforehand or liquidation on the day.

Shocker.

Least its going to make the slow close season a little more exciting. HMRC may be more keen to put in a stay of execution knowing they will never have to deal with Ron again (at least on a Southend United issue) once he sells the club.

All it was going to be for me was transfer whisperings and the new kit thread.

We need Ron to step of his white horse and pass the reins quickly to a new owner. If Steve Nash could jump on then I think it would be the last HMRC see of us in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back