• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread New HMRC Winding up Petition - Back in court TODAY (should know by around midday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well thats made the closed a little bit more interesting. Not exactly the way I'd like it but hey ho.

It seems that he has led us down the garden path again.

Didn't he say that he had taken a loan to "stabilise" the club? Reportedly 5 million.

He paid over a million to HMRC and yet we are here again. So did he pocket the rest add the debt to the club, move the debt across to the business ready to liquidate and write off millions.

Two things should happen then IMHO.

1) Jail for fraud ie loaning money with no intent or means to repay and tax evasion for about the 20th time.

2) Fossetts project cannot go ahead without new ownership of Southend United FC and it's current assets.

I'm sick of Ron Martin and his complete bull****. I'd quite happily see him behind bars. People with money get away with murders because it's a white collar crime.

Didn't he say that he had taken a loan to "stabilise" the club? Reportedly 5 million.

He paid over a million to HMRC and yet we are here again. So did he pocket the rest add the debt to the club, move the debt across to the business ready to liquidate and write off millions.

1) Jail for fraud ie loaning money with no intent or means to repay and tax evasion for about the 20th time.

2) Fossetts project cannot go ahead without new ownership of Southend United FC and it's current assets.

I'm sick of Ron Martin and his complete bull****. I'd quite happily see him behind bars. People with money get away with murders because it's a white collar crime.
From what I heard he wanted £5m and had to settle for half of that as no lender would lend that amount to him.

I also heard that not all of that went into the club i.e. he borrowed against the club to help fund his other failing businesses.

Not saying the above is gospel but just rumours I heard around the time of the last winding up order.

Agreed. This surely weakens his hand in a sale offer. He will have to have something one way or another by the 17th to get an adjournment to let a sale go through.

From what I heard he wanted £5m and had to settle for half of that as no lender would lend that amount to him.

I also heard that not all of that went into the club i.e. he borrowed against the club to help fund his other failing businesses.

Not saying the above is gospel but just rumours I heard around the time of the last winding up order.
He didn't get a loan in the end. The money was from a land sale in the Midlands.

You're right though. It wasn't all put into the club immediately.

When I renewed my season ticket on a phone call (by Credit card thankfully) I requested that a receipt be sent via email. I was advised this would be sent to me at the end of the early bird window.

Now I understand why it wasn't sent.

What a f****** crook this owner is, hope he gets banged up for fraud.

We don't deserve this after our continued fantastic support. Such a sad day.

I'm pleased this winding up order didnt crop up in March, because we struggled to win anything in March at all.
However, it does feel like we'd only just landed on bond street with 3 houses on it, just about paid it with a £10 left and have now landed on Mayfair with a hotel on it!

Last edited:

Borrowed against what though? The club doesn’t have any assets.

There comes a time when loyalty can only go so far , I would not blame Kev and Co to start to clear there desks this week .
They absolutely should sadly, I think the longer they do stay, then the more hope there is behind the scenes that something positive is going to happen.

But if they are in the dark too like the rest of us, then suggest they, Tom, the staff get the heck out of there asap. Players too, but they cant be signed anyways, so probably gladly will walk. Just absolutely gutting..... AGAIN.

I don't think he ever got the loan for 5 million, instead I thought he could only get 2 million which clearly wasn't enough.

I wonder how everything he does is legal but I'm far from an expert but very worrying if he's just transferring his debt to the club.

This won't be popular but it seems, to me at least, that Tom Lawrence is just going along with it all and being a silent witness. I thought he was supposedly a fan? Surely he needs to walk away and spill the beans on Ron and all his dodgy dealings.

I don't think he ever got the loan for 5 million, instead I thought he could only get 2 million which clearly wasn't enough.

I wonder how everything he does is legal but I'm far from an expert but very worrying if he's just transferring his debt to the club.

This won't be popular but it seems, to me at least, that Tom Lawrence is just going along with it all and being a silent witness. I thought he was supposedly a fan? Surely he needs to walk away and spill the beans on Ron and all his dodgy dealings.
Also Stan kept saying as a member of the Bar, he couldnt risk being involved in any dodgy dealings.

Now dont for one minute believe he is, but if he feels any of Rons **** is going to splatter onto him, he'd surely be offski?

He's been feathering his nest for when the plug gets pulled on this once great club and has been working to this end for a good while now. When he saddled the club with a load of debt, some thought this was to do with an impending sale, whereas my first and only thought was that he was using the club as a shield to protect himself. He didn't care about the club at the start, he doesn't care about the club now and, bar a brief period of time when he could bask in the club's success, never has.

When all is said and done, we'll look back on last season as the "good times", because unless there's a miracle, I fear we're about to fall off the cliff's edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back