• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread New HMRC Winding up Petition - Back in court TODAY (should know by around midday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad I didn’t renew this time around . Let’s hope for a new owner asap plus maybe able to get it cheaper after this news to who knows anymore with this 🤡.
Exactly what I was trying to say whenever everyone started to go crazy over renewing. Too much money going straight into Ron's pocket rather than anywhere else. I've been saying for weeks that we're a matter of months away from another winding up petition but of course all I get for that is abuse and constantly called negative. I really don't want to be saying 'I told you so' but....... and I get zero enjoyment out of that at all.

It goes without saying that our club deserves so much better but staff working being paid late or not at all for months now has to stop, their loyalty is being taken for a ride. Same for the fans, Ron comes out after months of no contact saying the clubs needs our money to keep them going and then he goes and cripples the club with debt even further. I just wish fans weren't so blind to it all, I think we're at a point where our support is doing more harm than good.

He didn't get a loan in the end. The money was from a land sale in the Midlands.

You're right though. It wasn't all put into the club immediately.
Rm has money he’d rather not spend it. This ruling is no different. He’ll find the cash. Just not for staff.

Why the doom and gloom? I always like to put a positive spin on things.

I’m positive we’re Donald Ducked this time.
He will find the money. Stop falling for it. He resents spending his own cash but he’ll sell some more land to pay

Why would any potential buyer commit now when they know that in a few weeks they could buy at a knock down price. This one somehow feels different to all the others.. 🥲
I said it at the time that I don't think he ever intended to actually sell, just another ploy to get the fans off his back and the majority well and truly fell for it (again).

I don't think he ever got the loan for 5 million, instead I thought he could only get 2 million which clearly wasn't enough.

I wonder how everything he does is legal but I'm far from an expert but very worrying if he's just transferring his debt to the club.

This won't be popular but it seems, to me at least, that Tom Lawrence is just going along with it all and being a silent witness. I thought he was supposedly a fan? Surely he needs to walk away and spill the beans on Ron and all his dodgy dealings.
I suspect he’s been promised something
Rm alluded to this day of the sale

Why would any potential buyer commit now when they know that in a few weeks they could buy at a knock down price. This one somehow feels different to all the others.. 🥲
If they wait a few weeks they might not have anything to buy. It won’t be the case of getting a reduced price if they wait.

I hear what you are saying Matty, but I really don't think he gives a s*** what us fans think as we all know.
Fully agree but I think we've got to the stage now where we as fans shouldn't be putting a penny more into the club. That will hurt the club and staff short term but its for the greater good. We need to go into administration and Ron needs removing from the club so we can rebuild. Of course it's not as simple as that but I see no other way.

It'll be interesting to hear what happens in court. I'm waiting for the "don't wind us up, I'm in the final stages of selling and the new owner will pay the bill" argument.

At least if Ron says that we'll know he's miles off any sale.

So circa £16m of debt has been loaded on to the club courtesy of RM group companies in the last month or so and now we face another WUP....

Call me cynical....
Maybe this debt has been added because a sale is imminent?

Ron is going to want his money back, right?

It is and it isn't. It's clearly not a good look turning up to work (if he does) in a Bentley when you haven't paid your staff for months.
Theres a guy near where i live that has 2 Bentleys on his drive. He lives in a 3 bed terraced house so Ron selling his on Webuyanycar isn't going to provide that much cash

It is and it isn't. It's clearly not a good look turning up to work (if he does) in a Bentley when you haven't paid your staff for months.
Somebody should say that to him. All the performative handwringing from his enablers is very tiring

Exactly what I was trying to say whenever everyone started to go crazy over renewing. Too much money going straight into Ron's pocket rather than anywhere else. I've been saying for weeks that we're a matter of months away from another winding up petition but of course all I get for that is abuse and constantly called negative. I really don't want to be saying 'I told you so' but....... and I get zero enjoyment out of that at all.

It goes without saying that our club deserves so much better but staff working being paid late or not at all for months now has to stop, their loyalty is being taken for a ride. Same for the fans, Ron comes out after months of no contact saying the clubs needs our money to keep them going and then he goes and cripples the club with debt even further. I just wish fans weren't so blind to it all, I think we're at a point where our support is doing more harm than good.
Yeah sadly not good at all I said once prices annoucned I’m happy to wait and see and even pay extra so we know what sitiaon will be in . If a new owner comes in I happily renew on the day 100% as many other May feel the same to everyone got there opinion of course but for me I wasn’t ever changing my tune for this time around . And I’ve been season tickets for good number of years now sadly but if he’s still here I won’t renew simple as that now . Happily go to away games .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back