• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread New HMRC Winding up Petition - Back in court TODAY (should know by around midday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that is the case, and my assumption is correct, then Ron's on even shakier ground.
Not really. The sale alone is enough to get an adjournment if said prospects are at least realistic. He may further strengthen the case by referring to potential funds from other sources. History is a double edged sword as he has also ultimately always come up with money- but court will decide on what is before it today.

Simple question: this hearing today , RM has obviously i think had to hire solicitors etc , now its already been stated SUFC owe him 16 million , does the cost of hiring solicitors nd what ever get put onto Sufc debt payable to rm ,IF SO IT THEN MEANS ITS NOT COSTING HIM ANYTHING AS HE GETS HIS MONEY BACK FROM sufc ,which he owns .sorry for the caps

Not really. The sale alone is enough to get an adjournment if said prospects are at least realistic. He may further strengthen the case by referring to potential funds from other sources. History is a double edged sword as he has also ultimately always come up with money- but court will decide on what is before it today.
I should have said, I'm also making the assumption that we're nowhere near a sale, or not close enough to use in court.

Would the NDA preclude any details being allowed to be revealed in court? I assume that it would?
No idea. My guess would be that he'd be OK to say a sale is close, but due to an NDA I can't make it public. I also assume he would have to show any documentation to the judge though, but that wouldn't be made public.

No idea. My guess would be that he'd be OK to say a sale is close, but due to an NDA I can't make it public. I also assume he would have to show any documentation to the judge though, but that wouldn't be made public.
Well I assume that any interested parties will have been advised of this winding up order many weeks ago so hopefully the NDA will have been amended to allow disclosure under such circumstances

Are there any Twitter accounts live tweeting the hearing? Assume CP may be and possibly AAS?

I'm going to stick my neck on the line here and make a prediction that I desperately hope is wrong. Just after the last hearing and the money paid to HMRC I heard a rumour that TL was negotiating a TTP with HMRC for the remaining money. He was apparently hopeful it would be agreed so the embargo could be lifted in time for KM to sign some players for the run in.

Clearly that didn't happen. So my guess is that the WUP is a result of not agreeing a TTP. My prediction is that Ron is going to argue that HMRC are being unreasonable because whatever SUFC have suggested HMRC have declined. (Who could blame them.) If that is the case then Ron is on very shaky ground.

As I said, I hope I'm putting two and two together and coming up with 23,798,777.0997.
Am sure that I read there was a TTP in place following the previous WUO being dismissed but the payments weren’t being kept up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back