• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread New HMRC Winding up Petition - Back in court TODAY (should know by around midday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is HMRC our most played fixture under RM’s ownership of the Club? 18 times in 25 years. Can’t imagine there are too many Clubs we’ve played more frequently what with our promotions and relegations throughout his time.

100% record so far, let’s hope we don’t concede a late penalty today.

Things to look for today

1. The length of the adjournment - this will give us an idea of the expected takeover timeframe. I’m thinking maybe 6 weeks. This would tie in with Ron’s press conference when he mentioned June.

2. Is there a preferred bidder yet? I’m expecting it to just be “a number of bidders”. Ron probably wants to keep them bidding against each other. I’m not expecting any party to be named.

Ron’s bull**** bingo drinking game sponsored by PG Site Services

Two sips for each of

* “advanced talks”
* “concrete offer(s)”
* “a number of” parties wanting to buy the club
* “expressed interest”
* “consortia” or “consortium”
* “instructed leading agents in the field to conduct” a sale

Down your drink for
* “bright future”
* “optimistic”
* “put it behind us/the club”
* celebrity guest appearance from a local MP

Down two drinks if
* he apologises
* one of the buyers accompanies him to Court

Down three drinks if
* PG Site Services tweet
* PG Site Services deletes the tweet

Down four bottles of vodka/lighter fuel
* if ‘Arry Redknapp (or his dog Rosie) is involved

But please drink responsibly and don’t drive
Two sips also for "weeks not months".

Regardless of todays outcome, how we have got this far never having had a points deduction is crazy. How often do you have to not pay staff, players, most other creditors, in particular HMRC, have final warning after final warning, be under endless embargos, before someone somewhere says enough is enough, you're losing 12 points or whatever? Makes me wonder what on earth all those other clubs did to get a points deduction. Match-fix? Sell drugs to kids? Murder someone? Baffles me.

It could just be because Ron isn't answering any of his questions, hearing Ron explain to the judge in court is probably the first chance CP has had to get some answers.
Yeah I think AAS live reporting last time and the traction it got too would probably be a reason. Plus it’s out of season.

Regardless of todays outcome, how we have got this far never having had a points deduction is crazy. How often do you have to not pay staff, players, most other creditors, in particular HMRC, have final warning after final warning, be under endless embargos, before someone somewhere says enough is enough, you're losing 12 points or whatever? Makes me wonder what on earth all those other clubs did to get a points deduction. Match-fix? Sell drugs to kids? Murder someone? Baffles me.
What I think is the biggest concern is that at this point in time is the fact the football club are worthless and let’s be honest other than name there is literally nothing of value and any sane business man would allow it to fold

Fixed and floating charges are cast iron so the land is in effect tied up. There literally isn’t any sensible reason for more money to be thrown at what most outside supporters feel is a dead duck.

We are led to believe that there are buyers in the background but a wink and a nod won’t fool a judge or come to that suppliers who basically have been treated with contempt time after time.

This is make or break, it’s different this time and I sense it and fear far more than many who seem to think it’s almost a given

How much of our money has been spent on these appearances at court. Legal fees, travel costs, court fees. Probably runs into the amount about the same as the season ticket sales.

Haven't been before - wondering if they've had a tip off something big is going down?
Perhaps there is some interest in potentially discovering the identity of a prospective purchaser of the club. After all, RM's lawyer may have to be explicit on this issue if the judge is to be persuaded the club is about to be sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back