• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Kit thread 2019/20

Should see something weds not sure if it’s full kit or just a glimpse

I really don't understand why the club don't release earlier. Its a massive loss of pre season revenue.

Anyone seen the new profile pic of Humphrys

Could we be going with a new shade of blue this season? I actually think it would be a nice change. Had the really dark navy for quite a while now. Could be a nice change

Attachments

• DBF43D3E-9079-4E93-992A-C7E0C7092BD3.jpeg
    DBF43D3E-9079-4E93-992A-C7E0C7092BD3.jpeg
    315.1 KB · Views: 76
Anyone seen the new profile pic of Humphrys

Could we be going with a new shade of blue this season? I actually think it would be a nice change. Had the really dark navy for quite a while now. Could be a nice change

We've had polo tops this colour several times while having the dark kits, wouldn't read anything into that at all. In fact, my son still has one from about 9 years ago this colour.

I really don't understand why the club don't release earlier. Its a massive loss of pre season revenue.
thats been said every year club don't think about it
Would be an interesting question to ask and maybe the Trust do know something about it anyway, but to imagine "the club don't think about it" is a worrying thought.

My gut feel would be that a planned, fanfare release as excitement rises towards the start of the season drives more sales/interest. Likewise, a safer option versus the risk choice for shirt design would seem the most bankable - and a company like Nike is a pretty safe bet for what is trending in the high-streets, etc.

I wonder if the shirt release timing is a combination of "same again" procedure, plus arrangement convenience with supplier, timing for getting sponsors, staff holidays in shop & then the build up and interest factor for MTB.
In truth how many more would sell if released earlier and before any big signings for shirt printing/number.

It would be totally wrong to think the club don't consider their sales strategy for new shirts, of course they do. The fact that they don't release new kit before MTBD suggests that they are happy with potential sales from that date onwards. Probably the real trick is getting a shirt and a sponsor that will appeal to supporters. Certainly, Prostate Cancer UK attracted sales and I think last season's choice of away colour bumped sales of the away shirt as well.

Would be an interesting question to ask and maybe the Trust do know something about it anyway, but to imagine "the club don't think about it" is a worrying thought.

I've asked this several times at the Liaison Meetings, but it just seems to be the way Ron wants to do it.

The argument seems to be that if you buy a kit, you buy a kit. Eventually your £40 will end up in the clubs coffers.

^^^^^^^^
It raises a few questions,
Why Star Wars? And why the bad lad evil characters & storm troupers?
What was LF doing trolling Ewe web sites?

Back