• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New manager deal agreed “in principal” says Ron.

Why on earth do you think he was trying to provide clarity?

Smoke and mirrors!

This news would suggest to me that Barrett might be coming, otherwise why delay? We're likely to have a fair number of visitors in and around the ground today with the international break, so Adam may well be there anyway.

What’s the problem? It’s been almost 40 days and the chairman references Trump and Johnson. What could possibly go wrong?

When was the last time a director was also the manager?

Ron Noades at Brentford springs to mind? It didn't go well.
I guess you could count Glenn Tamplin at Billericay, but he wasn't so much Manager/Director as anything he wanted to be!

So, I’m guessing we will need to see who’s sitting next to Ronald in the directors box today and we will finally know...

Is Ron really claiming that he has blonde hair in that statement? Maybe he did once, but not that I can recall. Or is that a cryptic message referencing Ronald Koeman perhaps? Or even ex-Villa legend Garry Shaw? No has considered him yet. Has Owen Coyle recently got a blond dyed crop Gazza 96 style? Ron is always one step ahead of the rest of us.

Hmmmm. What could be read into that? Regardless of what?

Exactly, very cryptic. I see it as he hasn’t got the job with us. The longer this goes on the more I think it’ll be Larsson.

"Indeed, within the last hour I believe there are no showstoppers enabling me to give you this positive news before the weekend."
SHOWSTOPPER
a song or other performance receiving prolonged applause from the audience.
"he wants every scene to be a showstopper"
OR
an obstacle to further progress.

Did Ron really write his update ....just doesn't make sense!?

Two ways to look at this

1. if he is there then that pretty much gives everyone the answer before the big announcement due on Thursday

2. BUT, as the new manager wouldnt you want to see as much of the game as possible. Its a huge task ahead for whoever comes in and no better way to watch the team than in a match situ. Bare in mind we have a huge game today and also Friday, Thursday gives no time whatsoever and then our next game is against IPSHITE the following week ....... gulp

Two ways to look at this

1. if he is there then that pretty much gives everyone the answer before the big announcement due on Thursday

2. BUT, as the new manager wouldnt you want to see as much of the game as possible. Its a huge task ahead for whoever comes in and no better way to watch the team than in a match situ. Bare in mind we have a huge game today and also Friday, Thursday gives no time whatsoever and then our next game is against IPSHITE the following week ....... gulp

Or 3 he’s preparing his life to move back over here?

Don’t forget Larsson has seen 2 of our games maybe he has a few things to sort out before the big announcement on Thursday

Back