• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

rabbloke

Coach
I believe Tilly has been quoted as saying he is not going to rush into buying any new players and that there is no pressure upon him to do so. Are we that well covered? Supposing a key player gets an injury during preseason or first game of the league do we then rush out or play second best. I seem to recall that we did not have Connie at the beginning of the season before last and we had no goals. Similarly no Eastwood at the start of the last campaign and an awful beginning. Can we lose our first half a dozen games and survive this time round? I know he has time to bring some in before the season starts but we were short of players last term and have released some. For us to have a competitive side (in reality that probably means able to consolidate) I am sure we need one or two more than last year and that probably means getting five players or be stretched by lack of form, injury or suspension. I doubt we will be getting five. We were fortunate in some ways last year. I hope that continues but it is a big ask of the players. Again!
suspect.gif

I think he probably means that he doesn't want to sign all his new players in the next few days. Frustrating as it is, I think he will pick up his players once pre season has begun, when players begin to panic about the lack of clubs around and will take significant pay drops ro sign. An average championship player will still hold out for top wages, but will have to take what they can get come mid july when the mortgage needs paying.

I don't think we need to be worrying about players until the situation arises where we are a week from the new season and have not signed anyone. I'm sure Tilly knows what he needs and has a rough idea who he wants to bring in. There are plenty of decent players who will be available out there.

Back