• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Stadium

New Stadium - Seats Or Terracing, You Decide!

• All Seater Stadium.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Three seated sides, plus a terraced area behind the goal.

• Other ( Please State )

• Total voters

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
So if and when a nice shiny, new stadium is built for us, what layout would you prefer?..

Me personally, i'd like to see a terraced area behind one of the goals which can easily be transformed into a seating area if we got to the dizzy heights of the Prem!!...

I prefer standing up at games, and always will, it just seems better and a standing area always generates a better atmosphere simple as that!!.

Whats everyones opinion?..

rock.gif

as much as i like terracing we just are not going to get it.

The only way you will get standing areas is in the way proposed by Standupsitdown.

But even then I don't think these will be allowed.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southender @ Mar. 16 2005,10:01)]as much as i like terracing we just are not going to get it.

The only way you will get standing areas is in the way proposed by Standupsitdown.

But even then I don't think these will be allowed.
rock.gif
My thoughts exactly.

Ok, terracing usually usually results in a better atmosphere at most games, but we only need look at the wet spam carling cup match to see what kind of atmosphere that can be generated without terracing.

if its legal up to the chamionship then they should have a terrace.. it will also increase the capacity by a fair bit ..
making the prem isnt an issue and should it ever become one the extra revenue would make putting seats in a minor inconvienience.. it will never happen though

All seater. Doesn't show much ambition if there's a terrace.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]All seater. Doesn't show much ambition if there's a terrace.
thats why we are thinking of trying to do somthing with the trust so the funds are there should the situation arise!

f**king sick of people trying to put doom and gloom on f**king everything!
mad.gif

I really don't mind as long as the new stadium is built. It's easy to let it slip to the back of our minds when we're on the crest of a wave because we're concentrating all our efforts on the team. You can bet your bottom dollar that if we were 13th this would be the biggest issue on the board.

I prefer standing, incidentally, but if it's seating I can lived with it. Surely if we have to put seats in regardless, couldn't we just leave it as terrace with capacity to put seats in?

Still, relevant examples are the best guage of whether we could or not and most examples would point to no.

Surely it's my opinion though? I personally don't think it would show much ambition if the new stadium had a terrace, but like i said, that's my opinion. Not me being 'doom and gloom', just giving my view.

I don't see what's wrong with an all seater stadium but with unreserved seating at the 'home' end, enabling the singers / drinkers / self appointed best fans to congregate all together, rather than having to stick to a designated seat.

Is it me or has Trueblue yet again misunderstood a post??
rock.gif

All I could see was the guy saying that if we go for terracing it would show that the SUFC hierarchy have no ambition of progressing to the top, as being all seaters are one of the requirements from the league to progress to the top.
oops.gif

So we should expect it to be an all-seater, of course as mentioned the previous times that this question appears, I would like to have those german seats that convert easily to standing so we can have the best of both worlds. Of course the standing/seating areas would need to be designated in the first place so you do not get a mix of people wanting to sit and others who wish to stand.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (AKBlue @ Mar. 16 2005,10:46)]All seater. Doesn't show much ambition if there's a terrace.
Terrace. Doesn't show much consideration for the clubs fans if it's all seater.
biggrin.gif

Exactly what i mean.
And to be honest, i don't think it's a massive majority that would like a terrace anyway. I personally like sitting at home games and standing at away games. The question was asked what do we prefer so i said what i prefer. But once again you get shot down for having an opinion that goes against the general one.

All seater stadium. I thought all new stadiums had to be all-seater?!

If we have any ambition of progressing beyond league one then I'm afraid it's got to be an all-seater. Much as I like terracing at football grounds, if we did the unthinkable and managed to get into the championship we would be given a time limit to switch over to all-seater- money that would have been saved by building it all-seater in the first place.

Personally i'd like a nice padded seat with arm rests and somewhere to put a bottle of Krug and my prawn sandwiches.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Mar. 16 2005,13:52)]If we have any ambition of progressing beyond league one then I'm afraid it's got to be an all-seater. Much as I like terracing at football grounds, if we did the unthinkable and managed to get into the championship we would be given a time limit to switch over to all-seater- money that would have been saved by building it all-seater in the first place.
I would be surprised if the powers that be gave us time to convert.
The last time we had to put seats in we didn't get any time, the only teams who were allowed to continue with standing areas were those with plans to move to a new stadium.
Now imagine how the authorities would view having a new stadium and then asking for special dispensation for a standing area.

Also the design of Standing and seating areas are different (for starters the gradient is generally steeper for seats, just look at the poor view from the North Bank) Were we to progress over the years with the home fans being given a standing area, would those fans want the poor view provided by that section were it to be converted to seats or would they want to move to a better view, leaving an unwanted part of the ground ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Mar. 16 2005,12:31)]Is it me or has Trueblue yet again misunderstood a post??  
rock.gif

All I could see was the guy saying that if we go for terracing it would show that the SUFC hierarchy have no ambition of progressing to the top, as being all seaters are one of the requirements from the league to progress to the top.
oops.gif
No, it's not you, Andee.

Much as I'd like terracing, I personally feel that the new stadium HAS to be all-seater to demonstrate the ambition of the club for the future. It's a terribly long chalk, but if Wigan can be on the threshold of the Premiersh*te then so can we, but if only the right application of ambition is applied. Terracing doesn't demonstrate such ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Mar. 16 2005,11:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]All seater. Doesn't show much ambition if there's a terrace.
thats why we are thinking of trying to do somthing with the trust so the funds are there should the situation arise!
Does the Trust know?

WS

rock.gif

just build the terrace with the steps sized for seats.. and fit em later if required.. thus saving the club money, as the chances of them ever being required are fairly remote...

Back