• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Stadium

New Stadium - Seats Or Terracing, You Decide!

• All Seater Stadium.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Three seated sides, plus a terraced area behind the goal.

• Other ( Please State )

• Total voters
I want an all seater with a rectractable floor so as soon as the game kicks off the floor drops and you cannot stand or leave your seat. Just to **** people off.
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CANV @ Mar. 16 2005,15:13)]just build the terrace with the steps sized for seats..  and fit em later if required..  thus saving the club money, as the chances of them ever being required are fairly remote...
The Kombi seating solves that problem as the seats are an integral part of the construction. They simply fold down and over to become terracing :

Image5.jpg

But I don't think they have the approval of the FLA just yet. It would be nice if Southend United would be the first club in England to have this sort of stand?

WS

yes that kombi seating would be perfect but it must be a lot more expensive..
that kind of investment involves the forward planning that i dont think the average football club gets into
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CANV @ Mar. 16 2005,15:19)]yes that kombi seating would be perfect but it must be a lot more expensive..
that kind of investment involves the forward planning that i dont think the average football club gets into
rock.gif
I can't see it as being any more expensive than creating a section of terracing that could possibly accomodate seating if it were required in the future, such as you suggested earlier. This solves the problem in one cost, rather than two distant costs, doesn't it?

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Mar. 16 2005,15:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CANV @ Mar. 16 2005,15:19)]yes that kombi seating would be perfect but it must be a lot more expensive..
rock.gif
I can't see it as being any more expensive than creating a section of terracing that could possibly accomodate seating if it were required in the future, such as you suggested earlier. This solves the problem in one cost, rather than two distant costs, doesn't it?

WS
Why don't we have 3 stands of normal seating and one end behind the goal of that Kombi seating. So whilst in League 2,1 and the Championship we could have the terracing if we wanted.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Mar. 16 2005,15:24)]I can't see it as being any more expensive than creating a section of terracing that could possibly accomodate seating if it were required in the future, such as you suggested earlier. This solves the problem in one cost, rather than two distant costs, doesn't it?

WS
totally agree that kombi is the best option.. but all that moving metal must cost more than normal seats.. which in all likelyhood wouldnt even have to be purchased .. im guessing both types of seat would fit onto a normal concrete terrace, the only difference being the size/depth of the steps

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CANV @ Mar. 16 2005,15:41)]totally agree that kombi is the best option.. but all that moving metal must cost more than normal seats..  which in all likelyhood wouldnt even have to be purchased .. im guessing both types of seat would fit onto a normal concrete terrace, the only difference being the size/depth of the steps
and, although I am no planner, I would guess that the gradient required for the optimum view for seating (and hence the step height) is too steep for health and safety to pass for standing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CANV @ Mar. 16 2005,15:41)]totally agree that kombi is the best option.. but all that moving metal must cost more than normal seats..  which in all likelyhood wouldnt even have to be purchased .. im guessing both types of seat would fit onto a normal concrete terrace, the only difference being the size/depth of the steps
Existing Kombi seat installations have a gradient of 20°, which the FLA agrees is acceptable for standing.

The Volsparkstadion in Hamburg has this Kombi system installed in its North Stand ~ 4,300 seats can convert to a 8,500 capacity standing area. The FLA took a look at this system back in February 2001. Whilst the requirements of the system precluded installation in existing stands, they were content that it could be installed as part of a new construction :

It would be possible to design a new stand capable of taking the "Kombi" seats and removable barriers at an English or Welsh ground, provided that the club concerned took account of the following factors:

a) Because of the row depth required, the system takes up considerably more space than existing non-convertible seating or standing arrangements in England and Wales. In other words, the club would need to build a significantly larger and costlier structure to obtain the same capacity. Alternatively, for example if this were not practicable because of a restricted site, the club would have to accept a smaller capacity.

b) The system works best if it occupies the whole of a lower tier or single tier stand. At Hamburg the "Kombi" seats occupy the whole of the lower tier at one end and in one other corner (some 8,500 and 1,000 standing places respectively). Any seated accommodation behind the "Kombi" seats would have to be elevated because of the spectators standing in front of it. This would have implications for the rake, C values (viewing standards), distance from the pitch and overall size and design of the stand concerned.

c) While it might be possible to install removable crush barriers on a suspended deck, this would be technically difficult and correspondingly expensive. At Hamburg, the decks concerned are ground bearing. The concourses are behind, rather than underneath. This approach requires a considerably larger footprint, which may not be available at sites within a city.

d) The cost of installing both "Kombi seats and removable barriers is inevitably significantly higher than providing only either normal seats or fixed crush barriers. Moreover the manufacturer quoted an all in price (including installation) of £90 per "Kombi" seat (in Germany). By comparison a typical British tip up seat would cost some £20 – 21 to buy and install.

Probably too expensive for us ...

WS

glare.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Mar. 16 2005,16:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Mar. 16 2005,16:22)]Probably too expensive for us ...
And added maintenance costs....
Indeed.

OK, scrap that idea ...

WS

wink.gif

on't Plymouth have a terraced area in their stadium? That is what it looked like when I saw it on the telly one time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tomasufc 4eva @ Mar. 16 2005,17:19)]on't Plymouth have a terraced area in their stadium? That is what it looked like when I saw it on the telly one time.
They do. It dates back to the 1940s and there are plans to demolish it and replace it with 6,000 capacity multi-tiered stand to complete the Home Park project that will eventually enclose the playing field. However there is currently no time-frame as the club do not have the financing to continue ...

WS

All seater, we canstand in terraced areas when we go to gipo grounds on our away days.

If you want more terraces, support us more away
tounge.gif

Personally I think the "gipo" (sic) grounds have a lot more character than these soulless abominations that have been built in recent years. Gimme the Roots Hall of 15 years ago any day ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Mar. 16 2005,15:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Mar. 16 2005,11:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]All seater. Doesn't show much ambition if there's a terrace.
thats why we are thinking of trying to do somthing with the trust so the funds are there should the situation arise!
Does the Trust know?

WS

rock.gif
Errr - no
rock.gif

Back