• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Next Manager in?

Simple. Would love Next manager to be........?

• Mark Bentley

Votes: 20 6.8%
  • A Nother

Votes: 43 14.7%
  • Stan Collymore

Votes: 11 3.8%
  • Steve Tilson

Votes: 35 11.9%
  • Neil Smith

Votes: 27 9.2%
  • Darren Currie

Votes: 100 34.1%
  • Graham Coughlan

Votes: 23 7.8%
  • Mark Stimson

Votes: 27 9.2%
  • Adam Barrett

Votes: 29 9.9%
  • Ian Holloway

Votes: 13 4.4%
  • Uwe Rosler

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Sean O'Driscoll

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Graham Westley

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Neil Harris

Votes: 24 8.2%
  • John White

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Bart Griemink

Votes: 12 4.1%

• Total voters
Just going to thro this comment out.Understand David Webb senior was at Saturday's game,he is aware from son David that James wants to return back south hence our approach.Dont think we have heard the last of this one

Just going to thro this comment out.Understand David Webb senior was at Saturday's game,he is aware from son David that James wants to return back south hence our approach.Dont think we have heard the last of this one
I think we have heard the last of it why leave chesterfield and come to us unless he wants a big challenge

You may be right think there may be more in this than we really know.But on the face of it why would he
If they really want him they will have to pay big money for him will Ron really get the cheque book out I still think Darren Currie will get the job

The approach for Rowe is a surprise and a nice one. A bit ambitious seeing as he is managing a team in the same league, who are doing significantly better than we are and are a much more stable club. Add to the fact he signed a three year contract that would require us to pay compensation and it was unlikely to happen.

We have 18 possible candidates, no harm in having 4-5 ambitious ones in there. Better than the current "he looks ok" candidate who got sacked first time for his poor, overpaid, over-the-hill signings and shocking management skills and then sacking him again for the same reasons.

I wonder if some money has been unlocked. By Stan ? In anticipation of a positive council meeting ?

And you know that we would continually miss out on the play-offs?

You're a wiser man than me ?

Your argument was he should get the job because his careerlast job’s win ratio looks good from our current position.
My point was that if you extrapolate that across a season it’s falling short of the play-offs.

As much as I’m struggling to believe the James Rowe links.. surely we wouldn’t even waste our time contacting Chesterfield unless we’ve been told of some interest from James Rowe himself right?
It’s possible he applied one of the billion times we’ve changed managers over the last couple of years. Whether he’d still be interested is another matter but there’s no harm in asking.

He’s actually just the type of manager I’d want to speak to if I was interviewing. Not necessarily to appoint but to get his thoughts as a manager in this division. It’s good to interview a wide range of candidates as you may be able to take different ideas from their pitches. That he’s recently prepared to face our side means he should be reasonably well informed as to the strengths and weaknesses of it.

However I think this was as much laying down a marker to the fans to show that we’re doing a thorough job and leaving no stone unturned. This gives us fans something to speculate about whilst efforts are directed elsewhere.

It’s the Danny Webb connection that makes me think that Rowe is open to being approached. And let’s face it, who wouldn’t swap a crooked spire that should have been mended decades ago for the longest pleasure pier in the world?
why on earth would Danny Webb want to come back here though?

If they really want him they will have to pay big money for him will Ron really get the cheque book out I still think Darren Currie will get the job
Bizarrely I don’t think ££ would be the problem. Ron’s in a hole and might take the view it will save him ££££ in the long run. If he wanted to come (and that is a huge if) I don’t think wages and compensation would be the problem we imagine. If I was him and I was open I would also want to see what happens on 25th..

why on earth would Danny Webb want to come back here though?
I think Danny would want to but he is the connection with Southend what with DW still occasionally having Ron’s ear. Can’t believe some tentative conversations haven’t already happened. Reckon Danny might have been in the frame previously.

I think Danny would want to but he is the connection with Southend what with DW still occasionally having Ron’s ear. Can’t believe some tentative conversations haven’t already happened. Reckon Danny might have been in the frame previously.
He was treated very poorly by the fans when he played here from what i remember.

He was pretty crap, managers son not really warranting a place etc.

I think we have heard the last of it why leave chesterfield and come to us unless he wants a big challenge
Yes, of course. But what is it that has encouraged us to formalise (or escalate to?) some form or dialogue in the first place? You’d have to assume that there’s something in it.

The Webb connection is an obvious vehicle - and that’s just the publicly obvious one. It may be pie in the sky but let’s not rule it out yet on grounds of ‘lack of interest’.

I just don't see James rowe leaving a club who in with decent shot of promotion to the up and leave for club who struggling near the bottom of the league with issues off the pitch. Surely he be mad to join us at this current present, regardless if he wants to move back south..... He be better waiting for Gillingham or orient job becoming available if that was the case.

Your argument was he should get the job because his careerlast job’s win ratio looks good from our current position.
My point was that if you extrapolate that across a season it’s falling short of the play-offs.

It’s possible he applied one of the billion times we’ve changed managers over the last couple of years. Whether he’d still be interested is another matter but there’s no harm in asking.

He’s actually just the type of manager I’d want to speak to if I was interviewing. Not necessarily to appoint but to get his thoughts as a manager in this division. It’s good to interview a wide range of candidates as you may be able to take different ideas from their pitches. That he’s recently prepared to face our side means he should be reasonably well informed as to the strengths and weaknesses of it.

However I think this was as much laying down a marker to the fans to show that we’re doing a thorough job and leaving no stone unturned. This gives us fans something to speculate about whilst efforts are directed elsewhere.
Based our current position and point's tally do you really expect us to get a manager that would get us into the playoffs this season.? If that's the remit that they will be given then we might as well give up now.

There's been no mention of that in Stans conditions.....

I hope it's not Darren Currie. Only 18 months managerial experience, win percentage below 40% and likes to play it out from the back. That would just show we never learn

I hope it's not Darren Currie. Only 18 months managerial experience, win percentage below 40% and likes to play it out from the back. That would just show we never learn

Most managers don’t have a win % over 40%. MM might have at Weymouth…

Back