• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Next Season's Programme

Status
Not open for further replies.

McScriven

The Ball Boy
The design has been set for this season's programme and mistakes from last season have now been learnt.

However, I'm throwing the floor out to everyone about what they'd like to see more of in this seasons programme, what they'd like to see included and any new ideas people might have?

Sensible suggestions only please!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ June 24 2005,20:22)]Sensible suggestions only please!
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ June 24 2005,20:22)]The design has been set for this season's programme and mistakes from last season have now been learnt.

However, I'm throwing the floor out to everyone about what they'd like to see more of in this seasons programme, what they'd like to see included and any new ideas people might have?

Sensible suggestions only please!
More Blue Belles
tounge.gif

Oh wait...

The only thing I'd like to suggest harps back to the whole stats thing!

Just a bit more consistency on the team sheet layout, like not having things like last season where one game Bramble was listed as playing in the No2 spot, whilst in the No9 position the next week (and yes, before someone says, I know there will be no chance of that particular thing happening next season!). Pettefer played every game last season, but at a quick glance of the last programme doesn’t make it look very obvious as he’s moved about from game to game despite playing in the same position with the exception of one game all season. Also, it'd be nice to have the chart showing the amount of appearances and goals each player has made for club like we had a couple of seasons back. Not just starts, but every appearance.

Pretty much everything wanted is covered in the programme though IMHO.

I would love to see some away tripping write ups, and i wouldnt mind doing a few, You know really detailed, pub before, who you were with, what happened on the journey etc, i look at other teams programmes and think that we could do it better and again its (in my opinion) very interesting! let me know! Tim
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

Also appereances and goals etc. BTW the Stats page i thought was wicked. I love to see the away attendences!!!

An option to subscribe to the matchday programme, especially for exiled Shrimpers around the world. And at a reduced price as well (apart from P&P of course!)

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ June 25 2005,07:18)]An option to subscribe to the matchday programme, especially for exiled Shrimpers around the world. And at a reduced price as well (apart from P&P of course!)

WS
You can do that already Mike.

I'll get Marisa to email you with the details shortly (she's away on holiday at the moment).

Also maybe you could get it in some shops in Southend before the match. eg WH Smiths, noticed that you could get the chelsea one at paddington!!!

How about an old school Shoot/Match style Q&A for the players....you know the sort of thing....favourite music/food/drink and pet hates? Just for a bit of fun really and an interesting little insight into the players.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ June 25 2005,09:20)]How about an old school Shoot/Match style Q&A for the players....you know the sort of thing....favourite music/food/drink and pet hates? Just for a bit of fun really and an interesting little insight into the players.
I think that's a cool idea - how about 1 Southend player and 1 away player on the same page? Will give away fans something more interesting than 'meet the team' to read, and may give us great ammunition for banter during the game.

Free Nicorette patches might be a winner as well...
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ June 25 2005,08:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ June 25 2005,07:18)]An option to subscribe to the matchday programme, especially for exiled Shrimpers around the world. And at a reduced price as well (apart from P&P of course!)

WS
You can do that already Mike.

I'll get Marisa to email you with the details shortly (she's away on holiday at the moment).
Excellent!

I'll re-word the suggestion then.

"Clearer advertising to let fan know about an option to subscribe to the matchday programme ..."

tounge.gif
wink.gif

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ June 25 2005,09:20)]How about an old school Shoot/Match style Q&A for the players....you know the sort of thing....favourite music/food/drink and pet hates? Just for a bit of fun really and an interesting little insight into the players.
Aaah, those were the days. Typical answers:

Fav food - steak and kidney pie
Fav drink - lager
Fav music - George Benson
Fav TV - Auf Wiedersehen Pet
Person you'd most like to be stuck on a desert island with - as my wife is watching as I write this, I better say her!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ June 24 2005,21:48)]The only thing I'd like to suggest harps back to the whole stats thing!

Just a bit more consistency on the team sheet layout, like not having things like last season where one game Bramble was listed as playing in the No2 spot, whilst in the No9 position the next week (and yes, before someone says, I know there will be no chance of that particular thing happening next season!). Pettefer played every game last season, but at a quick glance of the last programme doesn’t make it look very obvious as he’s moved about from game to game despite playing in the same position with the exception of one game all season. Also, it'd be nice to have the chart showing the amount of appearances and goals each player has made for club like we had a couple of seasons back. Not just starts, but every appearance.

Pretty much everything wanted is covered in the programme though IMHO.
Agree 100%

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ June 25 2005,14:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ June 25 2005,07:18)]subscribe to the matchday programme ... for exiled Shrimpers around the world ... at a reduced price
Er, why at a reduced price?
rock.gif
One normally gets a reduced price in you subscribe to a publication. That's why it's an attractive proposition. If it wasn't, I'd just get someone to buy me one and send it out when they could.

Just floating the idea ... sorry ...

WS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back