• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nick Alliker stepping down from BBC Essex commentary

Listening to BBC Essex just won’t be the same anymore. His voice has been synonymous with my listening to Southend United, real passion and a huge loss to the BBC Essex team especially from a Southend United perspective.

Wonder what his next role will be?

I remember Nick from the early Southend soccer line days. I used to cost my dad a fortune trying to find out the latest Blues news back in the day!
Good commentator Southend through and through.
I like Victoria and think she will do a good job if given the opportunity.

Victoria's been impressive whenever given the opportunity, I'm sure she'll be a good replacement. Fantastic at the Q & A event as well.

Nick has been an absolute titan on commentary for us, we were fortunate to have someone so dedicated and passionate. Definitely not the norm as is painfully apparent.

BBC local radio is in turmoil.
The govt, I think that's what they're called, want to cut as much as they can possibly cut, and maybe even the lot if poss!
I do hope this wasn't something to do with Nik's decision.
Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the BBC were trying to nudge him a bit. They are obsessed with a tick rather than talent.

Not a player but possibly one for SUEPA? @Suffolk Shrimper In Dorset

Best commentary for me was and will be

"He's got Duncan Jupp racing up on the right hand side"
"Duncan Jupp to wrap it up?"
"DUNCAN JUPP!!"
"He's never scored, he has now!!"

Would be nice if he took a walk around with the players at the last home game of the season and accepted the applause as well 👏

He will be missed and a shame he is stepping down as enjoy listening to him

Back