• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Southend Standard organised a race from Chalkwell dead end to The Coastguard station some years ago, advertised it as a 5 miler, given I had never broken 32 minutes before, I was rather surprised to get in around 29:30. Reckon it was no more than 4.75.
In those days ( pre gunners park development ) it would have been a good mile and a half to East beach , these days along the sea wall and through the Garrison , it would be a lot less

Off topic...sorry

Dont forget it was a three runner race ..win/lose/draw. My rough recollection of betfair prices was Southend 3.5 Sheffield 2.5 Draw 3.5 (all stake included ). I didnt get involved or I would have been able to draw on my betfair statement.

Nope, Chalkwell Shelter to The Shore House around 4 - 4 1/2 miles, add another mile or so to East Beach, about 11 miles tops.
Used to do it couple of times weekly.

I used to do it on a bike from Chalkwell Stn to the end of the east beach round the road and back. One the guys told me it was 14 miles round trip.

I think you'll find naugthyness is a mental state not a physical one....

People on here with more knowledge might well chip in but is it not the case that undertaking physical activities releases chemicals that make a person feel "good" ............. and therefore can it be argued that this would lean towards a decreased "state of naughtyness"?

People on here with more knowledge might well chip in but is it not the case that undertaking physical activities releases chemicals that make a person feel "good" ............. and therefore can it be argued that this would lean towards a decreased "state of naughtyness"?

I know of one particular type of physical exercise that releases chemicals and makes people feel good. I'm not sure on the decreased state of naughtyness...

Endorphins, released when you exercise. Helps your mental state (allegedly).

Nope, Chalkwell Shelter to The Shore House around 4 - 4 1/2 miles, add another mile or so to East Beach, about 11 miles tops.
Used to do it couple of times weekly.

Well remembered, BBL. Google maps has Chalkwell Shelter to Shore House at 4.37 miles. :thumbsup:

For Firestorm, East Beach (George Street Post Office) to Coastguard Station through the Garrison on the new path is bang on a mile, as makes no odds, according to my pedometer. I walked it last week....

The Southend Standard organised a race from Chalkwell dead end to The Coastguard station some years ago, advertised it as a 5 miler, given I had never broken 32 minutes before, I was rather surprised to get in around 29:30. Reckon it was no more than 4.75.
In those days ( pre gunners park development ) it would have been a good mile and a half to East beach , these days along the sea wall and through the Garrison , it would be a lot less

Off topic...sorry

I ran in that and came 3rd or 4th. No way was that 5 miles!. I finished in 27 mins, my best 5 mile time was 30 1/2 mins.

Sorry..... Off topic again!.

I think hes played his last game for Southend whot i heard today.:nope: No Comment.

I hope he still plays for us.

I think hes played his last game for Southend whot i heard today.:nope: No Comment.

Is this from your same source that said we were getting £500k for Bentley? Because that person seems very misinformed.

I thought the statement from the club talked about supporting the player and not wanting to undo the good work that has been done to date.

I am guessing (and that is all) that a suspension will mean Ranger does not play for us again this season ........ but come pre-season the man is ready to go.

By the way, if Ranger was suspended by the English F.A. could we (the club) loan him out to a Scottish club for the remainder of the season?

I thought the statement from the club talked about supporting the player and not wanting to undo the good work that has been done to date.

I am guessing (and that is all) that a suspension will mean Ranger does not play for us again this season ........ but come pre-season the man is ready to go.

There's a difference between standing by a player that can do his job and standing by a player you're paying thousands a week to that can't play, if he's suspended for a long period of time we can't afford to keep him.

Come on, name your source and what you know?

If not then we'll take this as pure speculation

My contact at TheFA can't seem to get any info as their main disciplinary officer is off sick...

So why do you hope he still plays for us if what he has done makes you feel like he wont play for us again?

I've heard exactly the same , I think it could be pretty serious as the chap that told me normally gives a good insight regarding ongoing sat the club , but even he said that he can't disclose what's gone on .
He just said he has been a very silly boy and was certain the club couldn't stand by him in this one

Back